John Lennon ended the Beatles at the Polynesian

Gene Z

Thank you. After reading this thread it seems as if some couldn't quite grasp this...
I just returned from a week at WDW. I knew about the Lennon/Polynesian story, so I went there to find out for myself. The folks at the desk told me which suite was John's. They also told me that the bellman who delivered newspapers to the room each day still works there. If he was 18 in 1974, he would be 60 now. I didn't get to meet him though.

WEDwaydatamover

They officially disbanded on paper ending the band legally tho they had been broken up technically for years.

John was last Beatle to sign the papers and it was in his room at the Poly making it official.

WDWRadio has a great podcast interview with May Pang about that trip in their download archives.

I like the part about John befriending a monorail pilot and him letting John drive it (with help) of course.

Last edited:

MarkTwain

I just returned from a week at WDW. I knew about the Lennon/Polynesian story, so I went there to find out for myself. The folks at the desk told me which suite was John's. They also told me that the bellman who delivered newspapers to the room each day still works there. If he was 18 in 1974, he would be 60 now. I didn't get to meet him though.

They told you the room? That's impressive. Do you know which it was? I thought I remember someone trying to hunt down the exact room and not being able to figure it out.

It does seem like Disney should mark the area with a small commemorative plaque or something.

Disneyhead'71

Sidebar Tidbit: Richard Nixon gave his infamous "I am not a crook" speech at The Contemporary Resort in 1973.
abc_nixon_121116_wg.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom