Joe Rohde in EPCOT on 9/30

cookiee_munster

Joe has done a lot of posting on his instagram account about being in Papa New Guinea and Indonesia.

I do sometimes ask him if these trips are work or pleasure related, but i don't want to keep pestering him. they were incredibly insightful and really did feel like he was there to research rather than just relax and take it all in.

could this be some kind of research trip possibly for a new country in EPCOT or even Animal Kingdom???

AEfx

No, he lived and worked in California. And the vast vast majority of the time, he walked around with a bunch of people too. But he was different from Iger for sure.

Oh, for sure - he ran the feature and animated film business into the ground, alienated just about every single person in Hollywood from wanting to work with Disney (including nearly losing Pixar), and the shareholders ousted him with disgrace in a move nearly unprecedented in modern corporate America. But, he did walk around Disneyland a lot! ;)

PorterRedkey

It's cool reading how Eisner would walk the parks after they closed just to chill and observe. They don't do that anymore

No, he lived and worked in California. And the vast vast majority of the time, he walked around with a bunch of people too. But he was different from Iger for sure.

All CEOs of Disney should be required to walk the parks! Not just at night, but in the summer heat waiting in the standby queues.

es135

4F9CB45B-4D99-4FBC-8BF5-E893259598D8.jpeg
This gave me a good laugh!

Epcot82Guy

All CEOs of Disney should be required to walk the parks! Not just at night, but in the summer heat waiting in the standby queues.

I don't necessarily believe that, but a CEO needs to have trusted people in place who do those things and are tasked (and rewarded) with being critical. If you don't - then you delegate to someone and fully trust your delegate.

It's a major issue with many, many large public companies. Wall Street is fickle. Maximize short term returns for most companies (especially in modern times). The big problem we have now is that spreadsheets and analysts are cheaper than on-the-ground quality control. So, Wall Street has become addicted to them (and has been, arguably, since the 80s). And, in return, so have the comp plans of most major corporate executives. "Do More With Less" = Wall Street Magic!!

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic!

ryguy

I wonder why Joe mentioned this now? I am sure he has been asked this question many times before. Either Disney is planning on fixing it soon and this is his way of giving us a clue or Joe is trying to push Disney to fix this embarrassment. Probably the latter.

Rteetz

I wonder why Joe mentioned this now? I am sure he has been asked this question many times before. Either Disney is planning on fixing it soon and this is his way of giving us a clue or Joe is trying to push Disney to fix this embarrassment. Probably the latter.
He mentioned it because he was in a public non-Disney place where he wouldn't have been expected to be asked that.

larandtra

I think more of the execs are around at times than people realize. And With the care and attention to detail Joe has put into every project he has ever worked on, if given some authority to oversee or approve designs and ideas for "other" projects, it would certainly bring that attention to detail that seems to be lacking in some things, back to the table. I wonder.....

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Before Iger they all DID,

Eisner wore fur and dished out QS and took at turn at operating attractions, Iger and Co. is the first Disney CEO and executive team who DOES NOT VISIT THE PARKS, And the results speak for themselves.

jakeman

Iger and Co. is the first Disney CEO and executive team who DOES NOT VISIT THE PARKS, And the results speak for themselves.
Once again your point is lost because you can't resist the siren song of hyperbole and falsification.

They do visit the parks. I've seen them personally and it's been reported here as well. It's probably not as much as previous CEO (hard to verify considering the hyperaware social media world we live in now compared to the past), but you've made a definitive statement that is categorically false. Par for the course.

Last edited:

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Once again your point of the lack of CEO involvement in the parks is lost because you can't resist the siren song of hyperbole and falsification.

They do visit the parks. I've seen them personally and it's been reported here as well. It's probably not as much as previous CEO (hard to verify considering the hyperaware social media world we live in now compared to the past), but you've made a definitive statement that is categorically false. Par for the course.
72084548756ed36e8d72e482e46c91f0--art-gallery-trust-me.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom