Joe Rohde in EPCOT on 9/30

Tom P.

Saw him with Staggs once at the MK but alone? No.
Interesting. I certainly know very little about Bob Iger's activities and leadership style. But I have to think that if I were in charge of a company like Disney, I would be interested in making the occasional unannounced and unaccompanied visit to the parks just to see how things really operate on a day-to-day basis when folks don't know that the CEO of the company is nearby.

Ralphlaw

So- do these people wander around with other Disney people... or by themselves? Reason I ask- we were in WDW one day and there was a guy... in a suit... name tag of Bob. Looked just like Bob Iger... walking through Tomorrowland... all by himself... it was totally out of place... he looked like he was about 5'6". still don't know if it was him.

Oftentimes they're entouraging, but I assume sometimes they're on their own. Marty Sklar was all by himself, sitting at a table, taking notes.

peter11435

Interesting. I certainly know very little about Bob Iger's activities and leadership style. But I have to think that if I were in charge of a company like Disney, I would be interested in making the occasional unannounced and unaccompanied visit to the parks just to see how things really operate on a day-to-day basis when folks don't know that the CEO of the company is nearby.
If I were in charge I would do that to.

Unfortunately it's not really possible. You should see what happens when just a low level executive walks through the park.

Goofyernmost

If you were pulling down the income that Bob does you wouldn't want to know how things are going. You look at the spread sheets and if the number will make Wall Street happy, you do not rock the boat. Especially when you are in a constant state of planning retirement. His only personal interest in Disney is income and power and influence. But mostly income! Other then that you will never see Mickey and Minnie over at his house for dinner.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If I were in charge I would do that to.

Unfortunately it's not really possible. You should see what happens when just a low level executive walks through the park.

I agree, I would do that as well.

It would be nice if upper management had the desire to truly "go undercover" to see how things work on a day-to-day basis - no name tags, no suits, no entourage, just plain clothes, possibly a slight disguise so they aren't easily recognized, and a park hopper ticket. I have to think it would be an eye-opening experience.

Thelazer

I agree, I would do that as well.

It would be nice if upper management had the desire to truly "go undercover" to see how things work on a day-to-day basis - no name tags, no suits, no entourage, just plain clothes, possibly a slight disguise so they aren't easily recognized, and a park hopper ticket. I have to think it would be an eye-opening experience.

Happens at "OTHER" theme parks in the Orlando area..
Upper management of them is well known to take off name tags, dress down and "walk the park"

hanwill

Oftentimes they're entouraging, but I assume sometimes they're on their own. Marty Sklar was all by himself, sitting at a table, taking notes.
That's what I thought- but it was weird to see a guy in a suit.... he could have been going to the bathrooms for all I know (he was walking towards the space mountain bathroom area-sorta)... but a suit? in June? It was definitely noticed-although no one bothered him... but we didn't watch him other than in passing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom