JIYI Update to include Figment & Monsters, Inc.??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdwmaniac

I think Disney will build this ride because they critics already have said that Monsters Inc. will be a great movie and make millions. That why Disney is planing to build a ride themed to it. If Atlantis was a hit they Fire Mt. project might have been built or started to be planned.

Castle Cake Apologist

OMG DisneyDisney!! You LIKE JIYI.... apparently you've: A.Never ridden the new one and are thinking of the old one B.You never rode the old one C. You're nuts
Sheesh How could anyone like the new JIYI? Its just so... stupid.

WDWFanatic

JIYI had an upstairs to it with the tables that you could form your hand prints in them and stuff. I wonder if where all that went. is the upstairs still there? there was an elevator and staircase to the second floor. I forgot to look for them when i was in the new attraction. Anyone know?

Attachments

• rocketrods01a.gif
    rocketrods01a.gif
    4.7 KB · Views: 156

Smee

The elevator, stairs,and escalator are still there, all roped off or locked. I tried to see what was on the 2nd floor but could observe anything.

Jr Imagineer

I wonder if the animators at Pixar will think to include Figment in the movie.. that would be awesome because only visitors to Epcot would know who he was. Pixar usually does try to fit in some hidden things, this one would be a great one to have cause it would help tie in with the ride too.

JAY-ROD

name change

Screamscape has reported that the JIYI will be renames to Figments JIYI and will be set to close this winter and reopen in spring or summer.

DisneyFreak

Original Poster
Re: name change

Originally posted by JAY-ROD
Screamscape has reported that the JIYI will be renames to Figments JIYI and will be set to close this winter and reopen in spring or summer.

You beat me to the punch jay.;)

BTW, did you have to redisplay that picture?:rolleyes:

MrPromey

JIYI had an upstairs to it with the tables that you could form your hand prints in them and stuff. I wonder if where all that went. is the upstairs still there? there was an elevator and staircase to the second floor. I forgot to look for them when i was in the new attraction. Anyone know?

All the pavilions in Epcot have VIP lounges for the sponsors of the pavilion. It is my understanding that when they closed off the second floor they expanded the VIP lounge in that pavilion to fill the whole area. All the pavilions have them and if you pay attention, you can spot them. Spaceship Earth's has windows on the back side facing out toward world showcase in that 'global neighborhood' building. In Norway, if you look up just as you are entering the building to get in line for the ride you will see a second story with windows that looks like part of the decoration but is actually the lounge for that one. I could go on about this but I'm getting off topic so...

Krazy Joe

I can't understand why all these years later they still haven't brought back the ORIGINAL Journey. If no one cared for the revamps, why not just go back to what worked ??

Did anyone see Adam the Woo's video where he snuck up onto the 2nd floor and found the old rainbow tunnel ?

Krazy Joe

All the pavilions in Epcot have VIP lounges for the sponsors of the pavilion. It is my understanding that when they closed off the second floor they expanded the VIP lounge in that pavilion to fill the whole area. All the pavilions have them and if you pay attention, you can spot them. Spaceship Earth's has windows on the back side facing out toward world showcase in that 'global neighborhood' building. In Norway, if you look up just as you are entering the building to get in line for the ride you will see a second story with windows that looks like part of the decoration but is actually the lounge for that one. I could go on about this but I'm getting off topic so...

Obviously this post is way old, but do they still have the VIP areas? I was under the impression they did away with that, but I could be wrong. I'm no Disney Parks expert, just a guy who knows more than the average guy on the street.

And the 2nd floor looked empty in the Adam the Woo you tube video from 2010.

Weather_Lady

Imagination (the original, in particular) fits in Future World due to its emphasis on the capabilities of the human mind. Monster's Inc. is a movie with no such emphasis -- this sounds great, but I think it belongs in Hollywood Studios. Or has Disney given up on any semblance of restoring Future World to some sort of cohesive theme?

Krazy Joe

Imagination (the original, in particular) fits in Future World due to its emphasis on the capabilities of the human mind. Monster's Inc. is a movie with no such emphasis -- this sounds great, but I think it belongs in Hollywood Studios. Or has Disney given up on any semblance of restoring Future World to some sort of cohesive theme?

I'm certainly no expert, but that's the impression that I get!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom