Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

wdwfan4ver

I have no issues with this and I hope this is going to be a great show.

While the Star Wars Crowd may not like this, Disney would've got more backlash for not replacing the Osborne Lights. This would've been like the Lights of Winter for Epcot otherwise with Disney replacing this lights in Epcot with nothing. Those lights in people into DHS that may not have went inside the park otherwise in November or December.

The fact is Disney before this show was announced basically only had a Christmas Tree and Christmas treats at DHS. People would've called Disney "the grinch" or something to that effect if Disney didn't do anything to replace the Lights in terms of having Christmas aka Holiday Entertainment at DHS.

Last edited:

culturenthrills

I am a huge Star Wars fan but they had do something for the Holidays. WDW has lost so much over the last 10 years when it comes to Christmas time. If they didn't do this DHS attendance and sales would go into the toilet this holiday season and Epcot would be overcrowded because it would be the only place to get any Christmas fun. Be glad that they realized they had to do something. Now if they would wise up that they need to add something to DAK too.

brb1006

I am a huge Star Wars fan but they had do something for the Holidays. WDW has lost so much over the last 10 years when it comes to Christmas time. If they didn't do this DHS attendance and sales would go into the toilet this holiday season and Epcot would be overcrowded because it would be the only place to get any Christmas fun. Be glad that they realized they had to do something. Now if they would wise up that they need to add something to DAK too.
I forgot that the only Christmas stuff related in a Christmas Tree with animal figures at the entrance of AK and that's it.

Minthorne

Glad to hear it. I've never seen the processional, so I wouldn't know.

You should check it out then. You must be so surprised

A Holiday Tradition – with Celebrity Narrators
Each year, the Candlelight Processional comes to the America Gardens Theatre at Epcot, filling it with holiday music. A special guest narrator takes the stage and tells the biblical story of Christmas, interweaving it with the rich sounds of a full orchestra and a variety of choirs that inspire the audience with songs of hope and joy.

A few new faces and voices join an exciting lineup of celebrities lending their dramatic talents to this year’s production, including:

• Steven Curtis Chapman
    November 25 to 27, 2016
  • Neil Patrick Harris
    November 28 to December 1, 2016
  • Whoopi Goldberg
    December 2 to 3, 2016
  • Meredith Vieira
    December 13 to 15, 2016
  • Joe Morton
    December 19 to 21, 2016
  • Cal Ripken, Jr.
    December 28 to 30, 2016
For many Guests, the Candlelight Processional has become an essential family tradition.

The magic continues in the wintertime with the spectacular Holidays Around The World, which transforms Epcot into an international celebration of Yuletide traditions—featuring festive decorations, live entertainment and delightful, fun-filled moments the whole family can enjoy!

No Name

Way to go negative, just to draw attention to yourself when you have no facts, and Your statement is contrary to all factual history.

In one part of a Disney on Ice show that I watched a while back, the whole area was Christmas-themed, and Santa Goofy came down out of the chimney and said "Happy Holidays!"

There is certainly factual history.

MOXOMUMD

noel.jpg

No Name

But only people who believe the world revolves around themselves actually care whether or not a theme park uses Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays. Both phrases mean the same thing, its just people have a small fetish for getting offended over a non-issue.

Oh I wasn't saying that I'm for or against it. I agree with you.

In my opinion, it's such a commercial holiday that it's really not much different than celebrating Halloween or Thanksgiving, especially given that Disney largely stays away from the more religious aspects.

The poster who I replied to had said (in a rather rude way) that there's no factual basis for the claim that Disney would use Happy Holidays ov Merry Christmas. So I was pointing out some factual basis.

Last edited:

21stamps

looks like they are doing the tiered pricing on the dessert party. just booked the dessert party for 12/22 price has gone up from $69 for adult to $79 and for a child $39 to $45 :mad::greedy:
Glad you could book it! I wonder if they raised the price because of how quickly it sold out.

I had to change our HS day to be able to get it- was the only night available out of 9...BEFORE the desert party was even announced on the website. Good thing I constantly stalk these boards or else I would have missed out completely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom