Jimmy Fallon Ride

misterID

Don't agree with that and we don't know the over all game plan. If the old simulators go that would leave Fallon as the only one, which being the newest works the best. I do like the Simpsons and Minions but they are both reskins of early rides, cheap but effective update. Simpsons probably isn't going any where or going to be changed any time soon since it's in it's own land. Wouldn't surprise me if Minions gets a better ride down the road. Shrek is on it's way out already.

We will see.

Despicable Me would have made a great dark ride.

I haven't rode it yet, but Fallon does look fun.

Tom Morrow

Right now it is the highest rated ride at the resort. The general public is eating it up.eating shows quickly.
Where are you getting this info? I don't doubt that some people love it, but I don't know and haven't heard of anyone that does. The best reactions are generally "it's fine for what it is"

I refuse to believe that the general public actually enjoys it more than the likes of Spider-Man or Forbidden Journey.

Last edited:

disneygeek90

I went on Simpsons for the first time yesterday in years. Yikes, it was worse than I remembered. And more nauseating. I felt like you also couldn't see anything in the back row.

UpAllNight

I went on Simpsons for the first time yesterday in years. Yikes, it was worse than I remembered. And more nauseating. I felt like you also couldn't see anything in the back row.

I come off many 3D rides with a bit of a wobbly head, but give it a few minutes and I'm alright. I came off Simpsons thinking I will gladly never go on it again in my life. I don't know if it's got worse over the past few years or if I'm just older and can't handle it anymore, but no other ride (incl mission space) was more torturous.

KCheatle

We didn't hate it, but it wasn't necessary in a park already overrun with simulator attractions. It's also very cartoonish looking.

So.many.simulators!!! I understand a good simulator ride is needed every once in a while. But, it is just so overdone there.

My family has pretty much narrowed it down the Potter worlds, ET ride (for nostalgia), and Minions just because they like Despicable me. Honestly, if it wasn't for Potter, we would not go over IOA at all, and probably wouldn't even bother going to Uni. We'd probably just spend another day at the water parks. It's pretty expensive for what my family gets out of it. But, Potter is incredible. Plus, I love the break at Uni from the scooter-mania over at WDW.

ExtinctJenn

So.many.simulators!!! I understand a good simulator ride is needed every once in a while. But, it is just so overdone there.

My family has pretty much narrowed it down the Potter worlds, ET ride (for nostalgia), and Minions just because they like Despicable me. Honestly, if it wasn't for Potter, we would not go over IOA at all, and probably wouldn't even bother going to Uni. We'd probably just spend another day at the water parks. It's pretty expensive for what my family gets out of it. But, Potter is incredible. Plus, I love the break at Uni from the scooter-mania over at WDW.
Out of curiosity, did you make the decision on what to narrow your visit down to after experiencing everything on a prior visit or just cut out what you assumed you wouldn't enjoy? That sounds like I'm trying to be a smart-a but I'm honestly curious. I see so much hate toward Universal for the amount of simulator rides and almost skipped a large portion of them on our first trip based on what I'd seen. Instead we rode them all and were amazed. I expected a bunch of rides like Star Tours and was blown away by what they've done instead.

KCheatle

Out of curiosity, did you make the decision on what to narrow your visit down to after experiencing everything on a prior visit or just cut out what you assumed you wouldn't enjoy? That sounds like I'm trying to be a smart-a but I'm honestly curious. I see so much hate toward Universal for the amount of simulator rides and almost skipped a large portion of them on our first trip based on what I'd seen. Instead we rode them all and were amazed. I expected a bunch of rides like Star Tours and was blown away by what they've done instead.

In a way, both. I had been to IOA and Uni before I took my family last year, so I had an understanding of the rides and shows we were skipping and knew that none of them were "must sees" for my kids. We got to Uni at "rope drop" and went straight on minions; which is a nice simulator ride. Then we headed to Potter world. On the way we passed several simulator rides that neither the kids nor my husband and I were particularly interested in. So, we proceeded to potter. We were in potter for a while, with the wand shop and gringotts and trying butter beer, and then we took the train to IOA potter world. We did the Forbidden journey, and the wand shop again (my son was dead set on getting chosen since his sister had been chosen at the first one). After potter we ate in the Jurassic Park area for lunch and I showed them the map of IOA. They chose to head to Suess Landing, with the intention of making it around the park. I think they were a bit old for Suess landing and were under-whelmed. After getting stuck on the cat in the hat ride for a bit (nothing extreme), they were just ready to "call it" at IOA. (Keep in mind that this was day 4 of our trip and so we'd been at parks the 3 days prior to this). I've learned over the years that nothing good comes from pushing my kids to "have fun" when they are ready to call it a day. So, after that ride we took the train back from IOA to Uni, we hit up the ET ride, Shrek, and then went back to our resort at WDW to swim. We were out of there by 2pm. I honestly didn't mind. We are going back this year, and we'll see if it makes a difference going counter-clockwise around the park ;)

Disney Lover Addie

I hope it won't be like Reign of Kong. That one really disappointed me. If it is like it they might as well call it, Race next to screens and put 3D Glasses on with Jimmy Fallon.

ExtinctJenn

I hope it won't be like Reign of Kong. That one really disappointed me. If it is like it they might as well call it, Race next to screens and put 3D Glasses on with Jimmy Fallon.
Unlike Kong, Spiderman and Transformers, Race Through New York puts you in a static theater that simulates movement. Think larger scale Star Tours.

sedati

Some thoughts after experiencing this on September 17th:

This is a "kitchen sink" type attraction where anything and everything is thrown at you for several minutes. It's a blur of mindless fun. Imagine Fallon narrating as you play a level of Sonic the Hedgehog and I think you've got the tone. Sadly, I still associate the name "The Tonight Show" with Johnny Carson- funny, smart, with an adult touch of class. All Fallon's show is missing is green slime to become a true Nickelodeon program. This takes that mindset and cranks it to eleven for better or worse. The picture is crisp, the simulation exciting but not nauseating- all in all worth at least one ride.

The "virtual" line: We were not there on a busy day. I don't think any line in the park went over fifteen minutes. We spent about an hour getting on this. We were handed a green card and told to wait for the lights in the lobby to match that color. Once the color changed and we realized the order of the colors on the peacock we understood that it was going to be a while. The lobby was crowded, it is basically a crowded holding pen that you could attempt to fight your way around if you wished to look at some static displays. Eager to keep our group of seven together, we simply huddled together and talked among ourselves as we were bumped about by the mulling hoard. My immediate thought was that I'd prefer a regular line. One, it would surely move us past whatever exhibits there were to look at. Two, even moving slowly gives you a sense of progress. Three, I for one find it easier on my feet to walk or even shuffle forward instead of simply standing in place. Upstairs was a confusing mess. We were told to proceed to a far room as another color was simultaneously told to move back to the split where the tags are taken and everyone is sorted for a theater. Two confused groups literally trying to pass through one another. The room we entered had a video playing, and we found a far corner that had just been vacated with some chairs so a few could sit. There we waited as another color changed. I had no idea that a live quartet was performing as I could not see the stage and just thought it was more of the video presentation. When our color was called we fought our way back the way we came and back through another group trying to be let in. Very difficult with a good sized group that included a child. When we were lined up we stood a long-long time until the most panic stricken theme park employee I have ever witnessed came running out. One of the two theaters had just gone down. He was frantically trying to get a message downstairs before they sent another group up and things became overcrowded (which they already seemed to be.) We were told it would be an extra fifteen minutes or so and we waited, happy to at least be protected within an actual physical line and not the chaos of the "virtual" line. Our experience was hampered by this last minute problem, but it seemed up until our color was called that things were working properly. As we had enjoyed such short waits that day, no one was particularly annoyed at the longer wait, but all seemed baffled by how this particular ride was operated.

3-D and screenz: I enjoyed all the rides at Universal to varying degrees on their own, but do recognize that by the end of the day there is a sense of repetition in their presentation style, aka screen fatigue. I had several issues with 3-D at Universal and came up with a solution that may or may not be viable. My first issue is unique to the system of glasses Universal uses which while appearing similar to Disney's, I think has a noticeable difference. I don't wear glasses and have good vision, but I began to notice a slight bit of disorientation every time I put on the glasses. My right eye always seemed darker than the left. Holding the glasses to a light, I was surprised that there is a colored tint to each side. Red on the left, blue on the right, with the right eye seeming truly darker. This reminded me of the old 50's style colored 3-D glasses and was surprised such a technique was still in use. Trying the same thing at Disney only showed an even tint with no color (except for Avatar whose glasses look for all the world like clear plastic.) I'm sure the parks have their own technology, but I found Universal's somewhat negative for my own vision.

An issue at both Universal and Disney (again, with the exception of Avatar) was the condition of the glasses. They are supposedly cleaned, but I found myself fishing through the bins looking for ones without fingerprints. Also, because of the thin lenses, many are warped which may effect image quality. My solution for Universal is this: as one spends the entire day constantly retrieving glasses and then giving them back to be supposedly cleaned, why not give us our own pair with our ticket. These could be of a higher quality and thickness. If we lose them there could be a fee for a new pair. I suppose the problem would be people who try wearing them as sunglasses, but that seems to be a problem regardless. Just put explicit warnings on the packaging.

Anyway, Fallon should be experienced at least once though I for one didn't even contemplate a second time. Hearing that this new style line may become standard at Universal is very disappointing. Taking groups in batches through multiple pre-shows can work, but sticking crowds into holding pens while waiting on confusing instruction doesn't.

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

I like the surroundings of the Simpsons ride much better than the ride itself. It's just...weird. And not much fun.

JT3000

I think it's a shame that they built Springfield around such a dated ride. It'll be ages before they consider replacing it. They could theoretically tear it down and build a different Simpsons-themed ride, but I don't see them doing that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom