Jimmy Buffet Resurant

OldKeyWest24

Original Poster
Hey Ya'all

I gots a question bout he Jimmy Buffet resturaunt. Im not sure if its in or around Universal, but whats it like and what do they serve. We are big parrotheads and are dying to go!

thanks alot

Susan

Nut4Disney

I am a Buffet fan too. We ate lunch (actually an appetizer and several margaritas) there in Jan. It is located at Universal City Walk in front of the entrance to IOA. It is a very cool bar/restaurant that has an open air deck that looks over a lake. When we were there they had a small band playing reggae/calypso music. You can also order a drink and sit in these great lounge chairs that line the outside of the restaurant, and people watch. It has a fairly large gift shop too, with all kinds of Margaritaville t-shirts, bumper stickers, and other paraphenalia. If you're over that way, definitely make a stop and have a drink.

woofboy111

The resturant is in Citywalk, which is universals version of downtown disney. It's a really cool resturant. The food is good and make sure you go for dinner. They have long waits (possibly up to 3 hours or more!!!), so try getting there around 5. For dinner, they have enterainment, such as stilt walkers walking around that make balloon hats and animals for everyone. Also, they have a volcano inside that erupts once every hour (something like that) when the Volcano song is played...

Ate here in Feb and it was ok food but not worth the 3+ hour wait...DON'T go on a weekend or busy night unless u wanna wait...live music was okay but SO MUCH waiting not worth it...they give u these little PDAs while u wait but they ran out because it was crowded.

THE "ORIGINAL BAHAMA RING GAME" IS ONLY FUN AFTER SO MANY TIMES...:brick:

Nut4Disney

When we went, it was around lunch time, and they were open. Their was hardly anyone there. If you have nothing to do on a day stop by for lunch, or if you are at IOA or USF, they let you exit if you want to eat lunch at citywalk and come back in, if you get your hand stamped.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
AH Buffets IS GREAT!!!

Its in CityWalk...was there on my last trip....fellow Parrot Head here!!! Of course I got the cheese burger in paradise...and it was yummy...nuttin to brag about...but good.

The coolest thing is the Volcano...and at :15 and :45 (i think) past the hour it goes off...spilling...you guessed it Green Margarita mix into a huge Blender!!!

Great atmosphere...friendly wait staff...really kewl gift shop if you are a parrot head (just ask my visa card...lol) Ah you gotta go...it is worth it!

disney_nutter

We have eat there twice and i have to say that the food have really nice and i think the volcano goes of ever hour i think but im cant remember

Brett

Margaritaville is fantastic! I've had the opportunity to dine there 3 times now and each meal has been magnificent. If you're a true Parrothead, then you've gotta eat there.

Speaking of Mr. Buffett, I'm going to see him this upcoming Thursday in Charlotte, NC! I can't wait!!!!!

kimrn87

Speaking of Jimmy Buffet, I had been there last year on a "business trip" and a few of my friends received "free" glasses when they purchased certain drinks. Does anyone know if you can just buy the glasses?? such as the gift shop?? We are coming down next week and needing to pick up a sovenier for a friend. Thanks for the info.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by kimrn87
Speaking of Jimmy Buffet, I had been there last year on a "business trip" and a few of my friends received "free" glasses when they purchased certain drinks. Does anyone know if you can just buy the glasses?? such as the gift shop?? We are coming down next week and needing to pick up a sovenier for a friend. Thanks for the info.

Try the gift shop... if they are not there...ask the person tending bar...or a member of the waitstaff will track one down for you to purchase.

Nala59

:cool: Yeah! Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville is way cool! I like it because I can sit there and drink my Margarita's outside on their patio, and watch The Hulk which is my favorite roller coaster at IOA.

We tried to get tickets to Jimmy Buffet's concert in Aug. for the Tweeter Center in MA, and they were all sold out in the first 30 minutes! BUMMER!

hmm... don't remember the volcano... maybe I had that 1 too many Margarita!?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom