Jetblue sucks.

the1nonlysinger

So, I just have to vent for a second. We are 51 days out from our trip- and JetBlue emails/calls yesterday to say that they've cancelled our flights and rebooked us on different ones instead.

Now this may not seem like a huge inconvenience BUT this is the 2nd time they have done this to us- our last trip out, they totally screwed up our plans then too. I gave them the benefit of the doubt for this trip, figuring they wouldn't do it to us again. Well I was wrong...

We had paid an extra $60 to have direct flights on JetBlue rather than Airtran because they had better flight times. Now we have layovers going both directions- and so a 3 hour flight just became 5 hours instead. The worse part is that now it would cost us MORE to switch back to Airtran. GRRRRR! :mad:

PLUS, I have major motion sickness issues (which I medicate for but it's still a pain!) so we really wanted the shortest flight possible.

So I've just had a rotten experience with JetBlue and I would say- if you're trip planning and haven't decided on your airline yet- be prepared that JetBlue may cancel your flight.

(Disclaimer- I know that plenty of you have probably had positive, even awesome experiences with JetBlue- so I'm not arguing the integrity of the company or the service they provide. Just venting and encouraging others not to make the same mistake of assuming that once you book a flight it will actually happen.)

<end rant>

zurgandfriend

Sorry to hear about the re-booking, I hope it works out for you. Thanks for the heads up because yes I'm one of those that has flown Jet Blue many times with great satisfaction. American or United on the other hand... but I digress

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

When I saw your thread title my 1st thought was: Wow. Tell us how you really feel. Lol!

Sorry about your flight headaches. I can sympathize. What you described isn't unheard of for any airline. Stuff happens. Our big splurge trip in Dec. 07 we paid extra to fly 1st class on Continental. We were all sp psyched. Departure day arrives, we get to the local little airport at some unGodly early hour, then sit there for 5 hours because Houston was fogged in & that's where we had to fly into for our connection. We missed the connection, got stuck on the 1st plane with 4 seats in coach, and couldn't even sit together. I cried the whole way to Orlando. When we got there the hubby had to fight the airline to refund the difference between 1st class & coach on our fully refundable tickets. They argued we had to do that back in Houston. We argued that we were in line 100 people deep to do that when their agent called us & told us to run for the plane they were holding for us. Also, the limo we had booked to surprise the boys had to charge us an additional fee because their driver was held up by our late arrival. It was just a bad, bad day.

Also on Continental, this past January our party of 6 checked a total of 9 pieces of luggage on the last flight of the day to Orlando a full 2 hours prior to departure. When we got to MCO we were told only 3 of the 9 made it onto our plane & it'd be the next afternoon before we received the others. Not good news when the forecast the next day is below freezing and 3 people have their jackets & warm layers in the checked bags to cut down on carrying bulk items.

So yeah, stuff happens. Frustrating when you pay thru the nose to begin with then feel like you're getting the shaft.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Jet Blue has done this twice to me. If you booked non-stop and they put you on connecting flights, call back and demand your money back, and fly another airline. They have no right to do that to you.

Just another reason I only fly Southwest. I wrote Jet Blue an email a while back letting them know they had lost our business simply because of the change of flight fare of $100 they charge. SW charges you nothing for this.

Upvote 0

harryk

That is the joy of airline deregulation....

Remember the day when they had to put on a flight for even 1 person if they overbooked!!!

My first class Delta flight from MCO to Boston was changed from non-stop to direct with an aircraft change in Atlanta on the return trip this coming Dec 14th.

The final leg Atlanta to Boston will be business class getting in at midnight instead of 10:pM

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

This is not unique to JetBlue - any airline can, and does, do this, often.

I am sure you also weren't the only one on that flight that was affected.

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

I've been fortunate to have never had a problem like this when flying. My normal vacation spots are Orlando and Vegas, both of which I can get to on Southwest direct flights from where I live.

If Southwest flies out of your airport, go with them.

Upvote 0

Mukta

I am a huge fan of jetblue and I fly them 4 times a month. That being said, what happened to you really sucks!
You think you have everything planned and then something like this happens. I think you should call them and attempt to get on a non-stop flight. Did they discontinue all non-stop flights from your area?
I hate it when airlines change plans like this! I am trying to take it a lesson for me to not be so controlling and let go a little.

Upvote 0

MCC1

In January AirTran screwed us by doing the same thing:fork:...we booked early and got a great price for a direct flt going dwn to the WDW marathon...they bait & switched 6 weeks out and put us on connecting flights both ways..if I was Bill Bixby I would have been turning green and ripping out of my clothes...nothing against Atlanta, but don't really want to hang out in your airport for 3hrs on a layover...flew Jetblue instead 3 weeks ago to Dis. Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon, accident tied up traffic so we missed our flight by minutes...the change fee was $40 each to guarantee on a direct flight 5hrs later and all went well from there. Dissapointed to hear you had this with jetblue as I told AirTran never again after they screwed me with no choice but to stay with their change (or pay $$$$ to switch to a direct airline on short notice)...maybe the aggrevation of getting there makes us appreciate WDW customer service so much more when there...being called a 'Mickey Mouse Operation' is a complement in my book...

Upvote 0

Tink313

We have had jetblue change our flight before. We were going back home on a flight sometime after 9pm, (perfect for a whole day at disney) but they canceled the flight and put us on a flight at 5pm. We were not happy since they had a flight at 8:30pm that they could had put us on. So we called and complained that it was too early and they changed us to the 8:30pm flight for free (since it was their mistake)

Maybe you should call and tell them their new flight doesnt work with your schudule. If it doest work call again or ask for a superviser someone has to help you

Upvote 0

dizzney

Our preference is to fly JetBlue out of Newark, only issue we have ever had was weather related and they compensated people on the flight with vouchers towards our next trip.

I would call and speak with supervisor/even his boss until you get satisfaction and be very nice - I would bet that they help you out

Upvote 0

Soaringirl

We fly Jet Blue every year and they always change our flight times. We've learned not to get too attached to them. Usually its just 30 minutes to an hour which is no big deal. Once it was quite a few hrs. and we decided to make the best of it and a week or so after we noticed a new flight was added and we asked to switch and it was no problem. So maybe you'll see a new flight soon!
Good Luck!

Upvote 0

Phonedave

It happens with all airlines. Flying has changed from the times when people used to get dressed up to go on a plane. It is now no more than bus service with wings.

I have had flights changed (or outright canceled) on both JetBlue and Continental. As of this moment, Continental is my carrier of choice. I sleep on planes so Direct TV really does not thrill me. For the most park Continental has had a good track record with me. Not perfect, but good. They also have a President's Club, which is something that JetBlue could use to sway me.

We will see what happens as the Continental/United merger progresses.

-dave

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It happens with all airlines. Flying has changed from the times when people used to get dressed up to go on a plane. It is now no more than bus service with wings.

I have had flights changed (or outright canceled) on both JetBlue and Continental. As of this moment, Continental is my carrier of choice. I sleep on planes so Direct TV really does not thrill me. For the most park Continental has had a good track record with me. Not perfect, but good. They also have a President's Club, which is something that JetBlue could use to sway me.

We will see what happens as the Continental/United merger progresses.

-dave
Most accurate quote ever.

From what I hear (I haven't been on a plane in about 12 years) the two airlines that really have their stuff together are Southwest and Virgin America. One of my friends who flies frequently described Virgin America as trading in a 71 Vega with no A/C in for loaded Bentley.

Upvote 0

CP_alum08

Ive never flown Jet Blue, but from what I hear people either love it or hate it. If they have caused you to change your plans 2 times now there should be some sort of reimbursement; money back, upgrade to first class, free flights next trip, something.

Ive been relatively lucky with flights and I always try to fly southwest, so maybe there is a common denominator there.

I could not agree more with the 'bus service with wings' comment. Im not saying I wear a suit when I fly, but i most certainly do not wear sweatpants and slippers like I just rolled out of bed :hurl:. Flying used to be a luxury and now it seems like an inconvenience to most people.

Hopefully soon the airlines will get their act back together. Im only 23 and I can remember when flying was much nicer :brick:

Upvote 0

TomHendricks

I'm sorry, but with over 50 days to go till your trip there are plenty of options here. Its not like they did it the night before you leave. If a direct flight is important to you, I know it is to most people. Do some work, call customer service and see what they will do for you. If you are not satisfied, go with another carrier. Just getting on here to , without some direct action on your part is kind of lame.

We fly Jetblue all the time from JFK, we have had very good experiences, like our most recent trip and we have had the horror of horrors. We sat for 8 hours on a plane on February 14th to fly to WDW so we could plan our wedding at the Wedding Pavilion and never made it.

Upvote 0

the1nonlysinger

Original Poster
I'm sorry, but with over 50 days to go till your trip there are plenty of options here. Its not like they did it the night before you leave. If a direct flight is important to you, I know it is to most people. Do some work, call customer service and see what they will do for you. If you are not satisfied, go with another carrier. Just getting on here to , without some direct action on your part is kind of lame.

We fly Jetblue all the time from JFK, we have had very good experiences, like our most recent trip and we have had the horror of horrors. We sat for 8 hours on a plane on February 14th to fly to WDW so we could plan our wedding at the Wedding Pavilion and never made it.

I have actually been working on this non-stop since I got the notification yesterday. I've been making phone calls and searching websites left and right. I know that 50 days is a lot better off than only a day or two, sure. But flight costs of other airlines have already gone up- and the options have severely decreased since when I booked earlier. It turns out that they are no longer doing direct flights out of my city to Orlando, so I have to also consider driving to another town an hour away to fly out. This whole thing has been a major headache.

And I did say that I realize that some of you may have had great experiences with this company. But I wanted to also point out that airlines (in my case, JetBlue) are notorious for canceling or changing your flights, just when you think you've got everything all planned and taken care of.

Honestly, I think that your assumption that I was complaining on the boards and not doing anything about it- THAT is lame. :p I am NOT trying to start an argument here-- just saying, if you can't vent on the message boards were others will A) both understand your pain and commiserate and B) use my experience to make their own experience a better one, where else can you?

Thank you to everyone who shared their own stories and related to my experience. After spending the past 45 minutes on the phone with JetBlue, it's unfortunately not resolved yet, but I hope that it will be within the next day or so. Thank you for the well wishes!

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Sure- it's not as bad as having major air travel issues day of travel, etc., and sure-these kinds of changes are common in the air industry...but, it still BITES when it happens to you- no matter what it is and when it happens. I have deep levels of hatred for USAir and have never been fond of Southwest (YUCK:hurl:), but no airline is perfect...so, we just sit here- fingers crossed- until our trip, hoping that Continental (and the weather + anything else that could impact things:veryconfu) doesn't mess with our air travel.

Good luck getting everything fixed! :wave:

Upvote 0

disneyrcks

We have had issues with Jetblue...the last one was our honeymoon trip to Disney, we decided to extend the trip one day and called to change our flight. When we arrived at the airport the counter woman could not find our reservation. She finally found it for ONE MONTH LATER LOL! She called the 800 number and got us on the next flight however the person on the phone wanted to charge us eventhough the notes of the person we changed the reservation with stated "called to switch flight to next day". The woman at the counter spoke with her supervisor and they did not charge us. We are Jetblue fliers and while there was some stress there, it was handled well. Our flight has been delayed two or three times between NY and Orlando and they have sent us 25 dollar vouchers and offered free movies in flight for the inconvenience. The biggest problem we had was when we were flying out of Westchester airport (25 minutes away) and about 8 hours before that flight they notified us that we had to fly out of Newark instead (about 45 minutes away). But we made the flight and again they sent us vouchers. I understand the venting...I hate it when my plans hit a bump in the road. It really stinks that now you don't have a direct flight...but I am sure u will have a great vacation! :wave:

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

My husband flies into Orlando on Jet Blue, several days after I arrive by car. He has always gone Jet Blue and enjoyed it. They called recently and moved up his departure time an hour, which in turn gets him there an hour earlier. Guess we can't complain about that!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom