Jersey Week?

Matt Faughn

I am going down early November and just discovered Jersey Week. How bad will the crowds be? As bad as the summer? I planned this vacation for a long time hoping to avoid the crowds. How long will the lines be? Any input is appreciated.

Diane Hughess

We did 'Jersey Week' 2 yrs ago. The crowds were nothing like summer, but not as good as Sept or 1st week of Dec. either. I would say they are truely tolerable. You'll wait for the usual (get Fastpass) Pooh, Dumbo, Peter Pan, but Snow White should be a walk-on, Test Track (single or Fastpass line), Mission space, Imagination, and most other rides should be @ 15 min. wait. Your best bet is to avoid, or leave very early on the "early entry"parks. I.e. Sun. is MK early entry..if you go at 8 am, be prepared to leave @10 am for another park, or your wait will be ungodly. And EVERYONE, I mean EVERYONE you meet while at the parks will be from surrounding towns in NJ. I even ran into a business associate whom I do not care for much that week!!
You WILL need priority seatings for meals, so make them quick, if you haven't already.. Last time we were there, we were hungry at Epcot//We went to the Coral Reef and asked for a table for 3 (@6 pm) The hostess asked if we had priority seating, we said no. She said her next available table was for DECEMBER!!!!! Good luck, and let us knoiw how it goes--I'll be going Jersey Week next year..

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

It'll be fine. It won't be that the parks will be overly crowded at all, just that a HIGH concentration on Guests will be families from New Jersey.

We did this back in 1996, but cannot do it regularly b/c we are only off one week and drive instead of fly, so the vacation period is not long enough. We did fly that year (hated it) but would like to go back at that time b/c the crowds were what I consider as light.

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

Matt Faughn said:
Thanks for the info. It releives an anxiety attack I was having once I found out about it.

Hey-- Us Jersey people aren't that bad..... are we? :confused:

:lol:
I'm sorry, I had to crack up when I read the title of this thread. I knew exactly what It would be about. The funny thing is, we did it a few years ago, and it was so funny seeing so many people we knew there! :lol:
Gotta love the Garden State Educational System :hammer: :hammer:

Upvote 0

TTATraveler

The first week in November is "Jersey Week" Schools have off for Teachers Convention, Election Day, and Veterans Day. Most school districts in NJ have this week off from school and go to WDW.

Upvote 0

RandeB

An experienced "Jersey Week" veteran from beautiful Rutherford, NJ here.

My daughter's school traditionally only gets a Thursday and Friday off for the teacher convention. If other schools get the following Monday off it's district by district, not statewide. (Not to say I haven't taken my kid out of school for another day to make a trip long enough to be worth it).

It got too crowded for us at WDW when it was NJ break, Vet's Day AND Super Soap weekend all coincided.

NJ school break Nov 4-5

Super Soap Weekend: Nov 13-14

Veterans Day: Nov 15?

So even if some schools get off the week of the school break or the week after at least it doesn't coincide with Super Soap as it so often has.

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

My disctrict used to get the entire week off, which was nice, but then around my junior or senior year, they stopped, and just gave us off two days. Now, in college we don't even get one day off! How's a person supposed to go to WDW?

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

We did have school generally for two days that week. But it was understood that nothing new would be taught, it was more of a relaxing time. Other schools get off for the entire week.

College students don't get off at all that week, and I'm still not used to it.

Upvote 0

TheDisneyGirl02

TTATraveler said:
The first week in November is "Jersey Week" Schools have off for Teachers Convention, Election Day, and Veterans Day. Most school districts in NJ have this week off from school and go to WDW.
Wow...I never knew that and I live right over the river from Jersey! Lucky ducks!

TheDisneyGirl02

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
New Info

Ok, another new thing I've learned on this site! Guess our governor is too busy to send out the memo.. :lookaroun

I'll have to check into this in the future although I live with fellow Joiseyans all day, don't know if I'd want to vacation with them as well.

When I first saw this post, I thought there was some promotion where everyone will wear the same shirt on a given day... :eek:

I'll have to check the Disney site to see if this is official or "off the books" like some other celebrations.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom