jellyrolls?

Txrayado

I have read soooo much about Jelly rolls... i hope its not to busy when i go in October:sohappy: it sounds like so much fun cant wait!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
To answer your question...yes and yes. Drinks are pretty much your standard bar fare, noting really stands out in the way of specialty drinks. Cover is $10 per person and it is 21 and up. On weeknights the crowds are fairly tame but the place will get packed by 9 pm on Friday and Saturday nights.

Jellyrolls - A must!

Jellyrolls is a blast! I've been a few times - and I just keep going back! It's become tradition every time I take a Disney vacation! The drinks are standard - it's the entertainment that makes it! The duelling piano players are so talented! And FUNNY! The first time I went I ended up staying for hours! It's a great place to go with friends, or with your partner!

chenzo

what time should you get there on the weekends if you want a seat, or is it more fun to stand. also, is it place where you can make a night of it , or should stay a hour or so and then hit the rest of the boardwalk

devoy1701

They start playing music at 6. By about 8:30-9pm it will be standing room only in there. I like to get there around 7 so we can get a table right up front.

Also, the drinks range between $5.50-$8.50 a piece...very reasonable priced when you consider prices of mixed drinks elsewhere.

We spend all night there usually getting a pizza or something before hand... it's amazing how fast 4 or 5 hours can go by when you're at Jellyrolls!

Monorail Lime

The drinks at Jellyrolls are way too weak. Stop by World Showcase and get a little buzzed ahead of time if you want to save some money.

DebbieL

devoy1701 is right, drinks run in the $5.50-$8.50 range, and are standard bar fare. My favorite is the Blue Hawaiian, it's on the drink special menu which rotates. And, one minor correction, the pianomen begin at 8PM; doors open at 7PM.

Go, have fun, and enjoy!

hankhill

CAST MEMBER TUESDAY NIGHTS. cannot begin to share with you how much fun this is at Jellyrolls. The cast member come to let off steam. So let them. Sit in the back and watch because it is this night where you will hear some of the absolute best music as the guys bring out the best stuff for them. Trust me.

PAcpl

CAST MEMBER TUESDAY NIGHTS. cannot begin to share with you how much fun this is at Jellyrolls. The cast member come to let off steam. So let them. Sit in the back and watch because it is this night where you will hear some of the absolute best music as the guys bring out the best stuff for them. Trust me.

Hello fellow Philadelphian! Cast Member night is actually any night. Most CMs still know it as Tuesday nights so you will usually find more CMs there on a Tuesday night. But now every night is CM night at Jellyrolls!

This place is DW and I's Magic Kingdom! Jellyrolls is the reason we added onto our DVC, we love the place. I did a write up a little while ago and I have updated it over the years. I hope this helps:

As the previous posters have already expressed the place is absolutely addicting.

The bar opens at 7 and the players start at 8. By 8-9 o’clock the tables up front will most likely be taken and by 9-10 o’clock all the tables on the floor are generally occupied. So if you are looking for a good seat I would suggest getting to Jellyrolls no later than 8 or 9. Besides all of the tables on the floor there are a number of chairs (without tables) around the one side of the floor. So if you do get in a little later at least you will have a chair on the floor to sit. Along with the tables and chairs on the floor, they have a number of bar stools and a few tables above the floor by the bars. These stools are available for the most part until around 10 o’clock during the week. The weekends, like most bars seem to be a little busier. But with it being Disney, you can never tell what the crowds will be like from one night to the next. So if you plan on getting to Jellyrolls after 10 o’clock, plan on dealing with standing room only. This isn’t horrible by any means. As interactive as Jellyrolls is, they have you in and out of your seat all night anyway.

There is a $12 cover and there is no minimum drink requirement. There is a Big Red Cup special every night that comes in a huge 32oz red solo cup. If you haven't heard Toby Kieth's - Red Solo Cup yet give it a listen. Im sure you will hear it a lot when you are there.

There are currently a total of eight piano players that rotate throughout the week. There are four piano players scheduled per night. The first set of players start at 8 o’clock, the next set starts at 9 o’clock and they rotate every hour. Every single piano player is extremely talented so regardless of who is scheduled you will be pleased. Some people have their favorites, but all the players are fantastic in their own way.

When you first enter Jellyrolls your server will leave a stack of napkins on your table along with a pen. What are the napkins for? Requests of course! Just write your song request down on the napkin, toss in a buck (or a few) and drop the request on one of the two pianos on stage. Now just sit back, enjoy the music and wait for your request to be played. In the rare case a piano player doesn’t know the song or they already played the song that night, they will either offer you the money back or ask for another suggestion. If by the end of the night they did not play your request, the players will ALWAYS offer for the guests to come up and reclaim their cash.

Obviously the more you tip, the faster your request will get played. A twenty dollar bill is known as a Jellyrolls FastPass and your song will get played immediately. You can also pay to have the song currently being played stopped if you don’t like it (just make sure your tip is higher than the original request). This comes in big when you have guests from New York and Boston, it’s a great rivalry!

The piano players are as follows:

* Michael – Plays a lot of Billy Joel. Miami 2017, Summer Highland Falls, And So It Goes are among my personal favorites. Of course there are the staples as well. If he is playing with Tommy they are able to pull off a very funny Biz Markie - Just a Friend.
* Ray – Plays a lot of Elton John and a very funny Poker Face and Baby Got Back
* Scotty – Knows a ton of kid’s music and TV melodies. Very funny version of The Rainbow Connection. I dont think there is a Disney song he does not know.
* Mike – Amazing personality and does a fantastic Disney Medley.
* Tommy – Plays a lot of the classic rock and some country. God Bless The USA, and Shout! are great requests.
* Daniel – Amazing voice and piano skills. Does a wonderful version of The Who’s - Baba O’Rielly and Aerosmiths - Dream On.
* Johnny – Knows a lot of 80s and current top 40 stuff. He can really pull off Cee Lo Green's - Forget You (it's Disney people!).
* Matt - Knows a lot of Billy Joel and current stuff. Plays a good version of Vienna.
* Rob - Brand new player that just started. I haven't heard him yet but I hear he is good. Not sure what is forte is.

That is in no way a complete list of what they will play. I have heard everything played from Frank Sinatra to Jay-Z.

As for transportation, you can obviously take a bus from any of the parks to The Boardwalk Resort. There are taxis available at any resort that will take you directly to Disney’s Boardwalk Resort. If you are going to Jellyrolls directly from Hollywood Studios or Epcot you can take a ferry (Friendship) to the Boardwalk Resort. At the end of the night you have two options. One option is to take a taxi back to your resort. There are always taxis readily available in the front of The Boardwalk Resort. There is also a Disney bus at the Boardwalk bus stop at 2am that will take you from the Boardwalk Resort to any other Disney resort on property.

You can get an up to date schedule on their Facebook page here:

http://www.facebook.com/jellyrollswdw

And most important of all.........Have fun!

devoy1701

Bend the Rules

We have a wedding party of about 16-18 heading to Jellyrolls next weekend. Unforturnately one (and only one) person in the party is 20 (21 in October). With such a larger party, do you think Disney will bend the rules and allow her to join us if we prearrange it? Has anyone ever known a Disney establishment to bend a rule like this? We will put black Xes on her hands and do whatever necessary to make it known that she won't be drinking. I'm hoping they will be flexible considering the circumstances. We're easily talking about $500-$800 in revenue from us for the night.

Just wanted to see your thoughts. I also didn't know if I should call Guest Relations, or try to talk to a Manager of the place or just chance it and wait until the night of.

mickeysbrother

Bend the Rules

We have a wedding party of about 16-18 heading to Jellyrolls next weekend. Unforturnately one (and only one) person in the party is 20 (21 in October). With such a larger party, do you think Disney will bend the rules and allow her to join us if we prearrange it? Has anyone ever known a Disney establishment to bend a rule like this? We will put black Xes on her hands and do whatever necessary to make it known that she won't be drinking. I'm hoping they will be flexible considering the circumstances. We're easily talking about $500-$800 in revenue from us for the night.

Just wanted to see your thoughts. I also didn't know if I should call Guest Relations, or try to talk to a Manager of the place or just chance it and wait until the night of.

NO THEY WON'T... Disney is very very non tolerant on underage drinking. Last time i was there i was 25 and my mom was 50 they carded both of us. Obviously my mom didnt even think of taking her id out and they had to stop her and ask for id again. He thought they were kidding.

Disney also only has 1 bar liscence for all there bars on property so if they screw up on one they loose everything.

And its illegal :)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
One of my favorite spots before kids. Definitely worth doing. I am trying to get my parents to come with us on one of our trips so they can watch the kids a few nights and we can go. My guess would be no on the underage person. Your only shot is to call ahead and try to explain the situation. From what I remember they were very strict carding at the door.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom