Jaws.. what's happening?

ann0d

Thanks JT for posting that... I have seen those pictures.. Honestly, I like where they placed the shark... It is right on the water, which makes sense... And it looks like they are working on the area, maybe adding a theme to it, for picture taking purposes...

Yes I think it looks great there!

hack2112

The only problem right now is that the Jaws photo-op is right next to the San Francisco smoking area, which is right behind the Candy Shop/Richter's. I'm hoping the smoking area gets moved, as I'm sure most families won't want to take a photo near Jaws with people smoking right next to them.

Timekeeper

Here is a video of the demolition of Jaws... Ok, not the actual demolition, but what things looked like with the lagoon drained right before demolition took place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4r3opk4niw

I believe that the images in that slideshow were taken during one of the ride refurbishments, pre-2005.

As a clue, check out the canopy on the sinking Amity 3. Also, the gas pumps were in much better repair (beautiful bright red) during the last stretch of the ride's operation.

Captain Chaos

I believe that the images in that slideshow were taken during one of the ride refurbishments, pre-2005.

As a clue, check out the canopy on the sinking Amity 3. Also, the gas pumps were in much better repair (beautiful bright red) during the last stretch of the ride's operation.

Really??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

Captain Chaos

Supposedly the Amity shoreline is getting a new lagoon wall or something... Not sure exactly... But the shoreline is going to be reworked...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Supposedly the Amity shoreline is getting a new lagoon wall or something... Not sure exactly... But the shoreline is going to be reworked...

What? :eek:Why? Any more info on this? It makes no sense. :shrug:

I thought the whole area was to be completely changed.

HenryMystic

The new wall was included in the grading plans filed with SFWMD and a permit filed fora new wall with the City of Orlando.

JT3000

Why doesn't it make sense? They probably want to reshape the edge of the lagoon so they'll have more space to work with. And this photo is from last month, but you can see that it's already damaged anyway. They didn't intend to keep it.

20120328-072.jpg

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Why doesn't it make sense? They probably want to reshape the edge of the lagoon so they'll have more space to work with. And this photo is from last month, but you can see that it's already damaged anyway. They didn't intend to keep it.
I thought they were getting rid of the lagoon all together. :shrug:

celluloid

U would think Universal will try and leek more info out but i bet there waiting until Part 2 of New FL opens at WDW!

That is probably the strategy. They want to also have some great coverage of concept art and teases that will be plenty ready by the time heavy work starts.

They already have Despicable Me, the new parade show and the Night time show to hold them over right now.

Captain Chaos

Thanks HM and JT for following up with unka...

I guess that was the reason no equipment was installed in that area for their night time show... Maybe they are adding capacity for viewing...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom