Japan Showcase & Morocco

Grimone24

Original Poster
What if any suggestions do you have for adding some flare to the Morrocan and the Japanesse showcase? I personally think a Mount Fuji MT with a roller coaster would be cool! Morocco could have a cool 3D Aladdin Movie or somthing Aladdin themed!

Erika

I think Morocco is fine just the way it is. The detailed artistry is some of the best in World Showcase.

While I like Maelstrom and El Rio, I prefer to see rides for the most part kept out of WS. That's just me though!

Lance

I love walking around Japan and then you get to the back there with that huge fortress with the moat around it and just think to yourself, I can't believe they made this look so detailed, and it's only for decoration. You should go into the fortress and get on a ride, I love Japan the way it is, but it would be a lot better if you could walk through Japan and go to the fortress and get on a ride, whether it be a RC or not, I don't care, I would love to see an attraction in Japan.

I don't really care about Morocco, I don't even think it should be in the WS, so I have no ideas for the country.

orangefan15

I really don't think World Showcase is a good place to put a coaster (actually, I don't think WDW is really a good place to put up non-family coasters, but that's a whole other discussion)....

If anything, WS should have more slow boat rides or dark rides of some sort.

cymbaldiva

While of course I don't agree with the coaster thing - too strange to comprehend... I do have a question -

Lance, what's wrong with Morocco? :confused:

Maria

Originally posted by Erika
I think Morocco is fine just the way it is. The detailed artistry is some of the best in World Showcase.

While I like Maelstrom and El Rio, I prefer to see rides for the most part kept out of WS. That's just me though!

You are not the only one! Me too and I know what you mean. :animwink:

Morocco is, by the way, the only pavillion in WSC that is original, meaning that moroccans sent by their government came to Epcot to build it themselves according to their beliefs and style. It is made with their traditional way of building and materials, as far as I know.

There is an interesting museum in there too, as well as in Japan. I think it is sad that the beauty of WSC is most of the times ignored.

Erika

Maria- I agree!

I read somewhere about how the Moroccan artisans came all the way over to set those beautiful tiles- I don't remember how many tiles there were but the number was staggering.

MinnieFan

I too think Morocco is beautiful. It is one of the best themed, if not overlooked, countries in WS. You really feel like you could be in Morocco. The tile work is amazing and beautiful.

Also, I love Marrakesh. The food is really good and fresh.

Erika... I think they sent nine tones of tile. Now thats a lot of tile.:)

Maria

Just a little fact: if you look closely at the fountain in the middle, the tile design have some imperfections.... those were made on purpose, because only Alá is perfect for them. :animwink:

Lance

Originally posted by cymbaldiva

Lance, what's wrong with Morocco? :confused:

I don't know, I just like the big name countries, because they have something to offer. Morocco is like the oddball, it's not as well known as every other country in WSC. I have a long list of countries that I believe should have come before Morocco.

I just don't care for Morocco, just like I don't care for Yemen.

Erika

For Morocco-lovers:

Attachments

• casablanca.jpg
    casablanca.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 127

Lance

You know I was gonna say the only good thing that came out of Morocco was Casablanca, love the movie.......

Becky

Unless there has been a recent change Morocco is the only country in WS that does not,and never has, participated in Illuminations. Even Communist (The People's Republic of) China takes part in Illuminations.

Morocco, join up or ship out.

Maria

Originally posted by Becky
Unless there has been a recent change Morocco is the only country in WS that does not,and never has, participated in Illuminations. Even Communist (The People's Republic of) China takes part in Illuminations.

Morocco, join up or ship out.

As far as I remember, it didn´t participate because of religious reasons.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by Grimone24
What if any suggestions do you have for adding some flare to the Morrocan and the Japanesse showcase? I personally think a Mount Fuji MT with a roller coaster would be cool! Morocco could have a cool 3D Aladdin Movie or somthing Aladdin themed!

Have to agree :- Roller coasters and World Showcase don't go together.
Aladdin is already in MK and MGM - poor guy can't be everywhere !!

GalacticGobbler

Originally posted by Erika

I agree Erika, Morocco is great, and keep the rides to a minimum.

Maria

I´m totally against of characters in the middle of a country´s attraction. There was a time when it was rumored that El Rio del Tiempo was going to be refurbished to include Donald Duck in it. We all hated the idea. It was fine if he hung out in the pavillion, but making him part of our culture was just wrong.

I believe it is a general feeling among the international cast members working in each of the countries in WSC, to be against including a fictional foreign character -even when themed in those countries- inside of their pavillions.

I don´t mind having them around, but don´t want to confuse people and make them think that if they visit Mexico, they will find Donald everywhere! :animwink:

rjew

I'm new, but thought I'd jump right in ---

We love Morocco just the way it is. It always feels like you've left the park and gone to the country. Maybe it's the way it smells -- the leather goods and incense. IMHO - no ride is needed.

For Japan, I agree that when you get to the castle in the back you want to go in and ride something. Only I've always thought of a ride back through Japanesse history using animontronics. It'd be cool to see Samari all the way to Japanese gismos of today. I've always imagined a ride sort of like Horizons or SE. I know that's not "thrilling", but I always felt that Disney was broader than just the cheap thrill. (BTW - I do love RCs but go to "thrill" parks for them). Maybe a moving sim as a more modern version. A reproduction of Hiroshima could be thrilling ... then show that as a turning point and re-engineering of the country.

Just some thoughts - thanks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom