Japan or morocco restaurant

pisco

I know this probably isn't what you want to hear but I would rate them as being equal. I enjoy both of them a great deal.

However, I have only been to the tempura and sushi joint in Japan. I haven't yet tried the Bennihana (sp?) style place yet.

That being said, the styles are so disparate that I think it is really a matter of which type of food you like better.

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by pisco
That being said, the styles are so disparate that I think it is really a matter of which type of food you like better.

I agree. They are different. If you have a Benihana at home, then I would suggest you to try Marrakesh and take advantage of the show with the belly dancer or even without it, to try some moroccan food that I think will be harder to find back home.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Well I had wanted to try both when we were there. Since we have a Japanese Hibachi style steakhouse by us I was overruled. We went to Morocco for lunch. We had a chef special:

Beef Brewat Rolls ,Moroccan Jasmina's Salad,Chicken Kebabs and Crepes Casablanca. We paid around $12.95/adult.

My 8/yo had fun belly dancing with the dancer that was there.

Here is a link with the description of each dish:

http://wdwig.com/menu/men_morl.htm

Upvote 0

ReDefined

Skip Japan...

Too pricy. Too much fat in the tempura. Sushi is too expensive for what you get, a rip off in fact. The atmosphere is nice, but that is about it. I would recommend Mexico for a nice indoor meal.

Upvote 0

DisneyDew

While I can't give my opinions about the sit down restaurants, The food at the Yakitori House was very good and reasonable.

The CMs taking orders were very friendly and were trying to teach us some Japanese phrases, without much luck.

Dewey

Upvote 0

Katherine

THey are both excelent restaruants but I like the atmosphere at the Morrocco better. I feel like I'm in alladin or somehting. It's so pretty.

Upvote 0

Fido

Originally posted by DisneyDew
While I can't give my opinions about the sit down restaurants, The food at the Yakitori House was very good and reasonable.

The CMs taking orders were very friendly and were trying to teach us some Japanese phrases, without much luck.

Dewey

Agreed! We ate there last trip, and it was very good.

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by Katherine
THey are both excelent restaruants but I like the atmosphere at the Morrocco better. I feel like I'm in alladin or somehting. It's so pretty.

She is right! God forbid the Japan restaurant is crowded when you are eating there, because you will feel like a sardine. It is simple and kinda dark. Marrakesh is decorated very nice and the ceilings are high so even when it is crowded, you won´t feel it. ;)

Upvote 0

rosie.ca

well i have never eaten in japan but morrocco is my new must do.the food is good,interesting and i just can't find that sort of stuff at home *unless i make it myself* the belly dancer rocks and the servers are super nice ... i got a free salad and dessert last time i was completely surpised i really liked the kebabs and lemon chicken

Upvote 0

Pippa

Having eaten at both I would go for Morocco as it has a "different" atmosphere and hard to find food. I found it quite an experience even though my man couldn't take his eyes off the belly dancer!! :lol:

Upvote 0

Kenan

Morocco all the way! The food rocks, and if you like belly dancing or that kind of jiggly music, its your kind of place. (as is mine :animwink: ) I go there once a month with friends.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I guess I get to be the odd person out here, but I absolutely love Teppanyaki Grill in Japan. I have eaten in the Morrocan restaurant also, but I wouldnt put it on the same level. Also Teppanyaki dining gives you more of an opportunity to meet other people in Disney. I appreciate the grilled style of cooking and even though I have a restaurant that is almost identical right near my house, the one in Disney is slightly different. Just MVHO.....Belle

Upvote 0

disneydawg

Morroco, Morroco, Morroco. It once of those unique dining experiences you get down at WDW. I really loved Tepanyaki, but it didnt feel like anything I couldnt drive 20 minutes from my house to get.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Originally posted by disneydawg
Morroco, Morroco, Morroco. It once of those unique dining experiences you get down at WDW. I really loved Tepanyaki, but it didnt feel like anything I couldnt drive 20 minutes from my house to get.

:lol: I was just gonna say the same thing. Depending on where you live (like Atlanta) you may have an over abundance of a certain kind of food. Atlanta's got more Japanese and Mexican places than you can shake a stick at. So my wife and I don't think Mexico or Japan offer very unique dining experiences. We gravitate toward France, Norway, and Morroco.

But if you live in an area devoid of any good ethnic food and consider Taco Bell to be authentic mexican, both Japan and Morroco offer great dining experiences. In my opinion, Japan's Teppanyaki Grill offers flavors that are more in tune to western pallets. So if you aren't very adventurous, this might be a good place to start. Morroco definatly does a better job entertaining. But really, you can't go wrong with either :slurp:

Upvote 0

kverdon

Morocco two thumbs up from us. We just ate there earlier in the month and had the Lemon Chicken. When we go to WDW, Morrocco is a MUST! (So is the Mole Chicken at Mexico...)

Kevin

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by kverdon
Morocco two thumbs up from us. We just ate there earlier in the month and had the Lemon Chicken. When we go to WDW, Morrocco is a MUST! (So is the Mole Chicken at Mexico...)

Kevin

I had the lemon chicken in Morocco and mole is one of my favorite dishes here at home! :slurp:

Upvote 0

mkymaus

Account Suspended
We have eaten at all the Japanese restuarants and in Morocco....my personal opinion...eat at the Mitsukoshi restuarant in Japan. Stay away from the Teppenyaki- they get you in and out...NEXT!!!! Really not a good show, your better off eating at Bennihana's. The sushi bar, Mitsukoski, is nice, the chefs interact with you and your treated like a person not $$.
Morocco, is nice, but nothing great as far as food goes. Belly dancer is a nice show, but gets old.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom