Trip Report January Trip to Disney World Now in Color!

I'm a bit late posting this trip report. I hope it's worth the wait.

It was a cold January in Florida. It was cold when I left NY and cold when I got to FL so, I didn't care.

Our first stop was the Kennedy Space Center. I got to be an astronaut.

KennedySpace1977

The next day we went to Disney World. Ah, the castle...

Castle1977

There was a parade on Main Street and I got to meet Prince John.

PrinceJohnOutside1977

We then went to ride the race cars.

Raceway1977

After the thrilling speed of the raceway, we had a nice sit down in the Country Bear's Jamboree.

CountryBears1977

I needed to stretch my legs for a while so we went off to Tom Sawyer's Island. I got to defend the fort and stand on walls without safety handrails.

TomsBridge1977

Shootin1977

Windmill1977

Up next...Fantasyland!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Believe it's by Pirates.
Indeed it is! It is La Fuenta Serena (the Serene Fountain).

Fountains-Fountain-Serena.jpg

ThatBrunette

Original Poster
I really don't know, but I'm envious that you met Prince John. I have a feeling it's somewhere in Fantasyland, but I'm really awful with the guessing.

He's kinda rare, now. I don't think I have seen him since the 70s. Husband said "Who's the king guy? He's from one of the old movies, isn't he?" I don't think I will be able to recreate that photo.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
He's kinda rare, now. I don't think I have seen him since the 70s. Husband said "Who's the king guy? He's from one of the old movies, isn't he?" I don't think I will be able to recreate that photo.
For such a great movie, I'm surprised that it doesn't have more of a following. You almost never hear about it anymore, but who can forget this?

(warning...this WILL get stuck in your head)

HouCuseChickie

I've seen his name pop up in some of this limited time magic business, but the last time I saw him was 1985. So yeah, the odds are not in your favor for that one. :(

thrupaytonseyes

these pictures are great! We actually saw Prince John & the Sheriff on one of our trips. I was trying to find the pictures to figure out when but it was some time between 2005 - 2009. My son was so excited because Robin Hood is one of his favorite Disney movies.

DisSplash

Love the walk down memory lane!! Your winter coat is to die for! ;) I had something similar in blue, I think! I also like your Avatar! My DH is a HUGE G-fan and spends much of our time at Epcot in the Japanese mall!

ThatBrunette

Original Poster
Love the walk down memory lane!! Your winter coat is to die for! ;) I had something similar in blue, I think! I also like your Avatar! My DH is a HUGE G-fan and spends much of our time at Epcot in the Japanese mall!

Thank you. I loved that coat.

I highly recommend TDR. If you get the chance to go to Tokyo, visit the Godzilla statue and TDL. DH and DS spent most of the trip pointing out the places that Godzilla had smashed.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Cool! Dunno why you removed the post, but I got your message. Very cool!

If you want, post it later. I love those "then and now" type pictures!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom