Trip Report January Trip to Disney World Now in Color!

I'm a bit late posting this trip report. I hope it's worth the wait.

It was a cold January in Florida. It was cold when I left NY and cold when I got to FL so, I didn't care.

Our first stop was the Kennedy Space Center. I got to be an astronaut.

KennedySpace1977

The next day we went to Disney World. Ah, the castle...

Castle1977

There was a parade on Main Street and I got to meet Prince John.

PrinceJohnOutside1977

We then went to ride the race cars.

Raceway1977

After the thrilling speed of the raceway, we had a nice sit down in the Country Bear's Jamboree.

CountryBears1977

I needed to stretch my legs for a while so we went off to Tom Sawyer's Island. I got to defend the fort and stand on walls without safety handrails.

TomsBridge1977

Shootin1977

Windmill1977

Up next...Fantasyland!

ThatBrunette

Original Poster

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I have read a lot of trip reports...a lot...and written a few myself...

And I think this is the best trip report I have read...ever.

It brings me right back to the days when my grandfather and parents used to take me (though, it was about a decade later for me, though I did do a trip with my Parents when EPCOT opened)...and why I love that special park so much.

Awesome pictures!

I can't wait for the next installment! I just can't wait (POST IT NOW!!!! <grin>)

ThatBrunette

Original Poster
I have read a lot of trip reports...a lot...and written a few myself...

And I think this is the best trip report I have read...ever.

It brings me right back to the days when my grandfather and parents used to take me (though, it was about a decade later for me, though I did do a trip with my Parents when EPCOT opened)...and why I love that special park so much.

Awesome pictures!

I can't wait for the next installment! I just can't wait (POST IT NOW!!!! <grin>)

Woo hoo! Thank you! I think I totally rock the polyester pants.

I have a few pictures from EPCOT in 1983. I'm still digging through boxes and albums for other trips.

ThatBrunette

Original Poster
Sadly, none of these pictures were altered with Instagram.

In theory, there are good pictures of this trip in slide (not PowerPoint) format. My father had the better camera and the better camera skills. I would like to get those shots and convert them digitally.

I have some pictures taken in front of spots in the MK that I don't recognize. Should I put them in this thread or is the photography forum a better place?

HouCuseChickie

Sadly, none of these pictures were altered with Instagram.

In theory, there are good pictures of this trip in slide (not PowerPoint) format. My father had the better camera and the better camera skills. I would like to get those shots and convert them digitally.

I have some pictures taken in front of spots in the MK that I don't recognize. Should I put them in this thread or is the photography forum a better place?

I bought my dad a digital photo converter for slides a few years back. He really enjoyed it and pretty much spent the better part of his free non-fishing non-cooking non-swimming time converting every single slide I think our family ever had created.

As for the MK pics...I'd still put them in here.

ThatBrunette

Original Poster
This is so sweet!!! I love the IASW Snow White parts with your Grandpa...really makes me think back on my own grandparents.
Awesome report!
Omg...your grandpa looks like the sweetest ever. What great memories.
Your grandfather defintitely loved you very much!

Grandpa was a wonderful and indulgent man. He believed that children should be children for as long as possible. I rode iasw for the in 2011 after he died and was in tears by the end.

My mom wanted to come with us for my son's first visit to WDW. The Boy loved Space Ranger Spin and wanted to ride repeatedly. I think my mom did 4 in a row with him. She was thrilled she got to 'do a Grandpa' with the Boy.

Odd note: Grandpa wouldn't do Carousel of Progress. He said he saw it at the worlds fair and that was enough. So, 6 times on iasw was okay but CoP is only good once?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom