January 6-15, 2005

I just got back. It's hard to believe that I woke up in Florida this morning, and that now I'm back in cold New York. It's good to be home, though.

- Independence Air is much nicer than Southeast was. The plane from Newburgh was very small, but clean. The plane from Washington was very roomy and comfortable. Security at tiny little Stewart airport was worse than at Orlando. We didn't have to take our shoes off in Orlando. It was very crowded, but we got through quick.

- The new monorail spiel is bad. Stitch doesn't belong on the monorail. I'm glad that I have the old speils on my computer.

- I was not at all impressed with the Wilderness Lodge. That horrible snack bar seating area smelled like ketchup and feet the entire time we were there. It was so bad that I refused to be in there. Housekeeping was just about pointless. We had the same dirty coasters the entire stay. The bathroom floor was quite obviously dirty and it was never cleaned. I'm talking dust bunnies (make that dust elephants) here. The tissue box had a coating of dust. The balcony chairs were dirty. The only good things were that the beds were comfy and we got a free courtyard view upgrade. We were in room 3007 and could see Silver Creek Falls, the pool, geyser, and some of Bay Lake. I could see half of the Water Pageant from the balcony. But I have no desire to stay at the Wilderness Lodge again. I'll stick to the Contemporary.

- The Magic Kingdom needs more food open during the extra magic hours at night. Cinderella's Royal Table, Cosmic Ray's, Pecos Bill's, and the Liberty Tree Tavern isn't enough. What if I wanted a pretzel or a churro? Nope. Epcot needs more food period. I know there's plenty of places to eat in World Showcase, but there needs to be more in Future World. Electric Umbrella no longer has pizza (the MK has no pizza as well), the former Pasta Piazza has weird things like noodles and baguettes, and the Fountainview Bakery has the usual baked goods and smoothies. I want pizza! What is with the new kids meals at some places? Not that I'd be eating them, but I don't know any kid who would either, and I have 7 cousins under the age of 10. Celery and applesauce? Please. Kids want pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, etc. My parents had a Dole Whip and weren't too impressed. But they loved the strawberry-banana smoothies at Auntie Gravity's. I like the milkshakes at Mrs. Pott's Cupboard. My mother did not like the Crystal Palace. I had some beef fried rice at the Lotus Blossom Cafe and that was okay. Pizzafari is still the best.

- Mitsukoshi has tons of Hello Kitty stuff. And Monchichis!!!

- Bathrooms all over the place were dirty. Disney World used to have such clean bathrooms. Sometimes I'd go into a bathroom and not find one clean stall.

- Carousel of Progress was open. I went on twice, alone, because my parents wouldn't go on with me. Timekeeper is closed and there is a Buzz Lightyear meet & greet inside.

- Very strange bus driver. Went to Coronado Springs instead of Saratoga Springs. My mom had to tell him that he went to the wrong resort. He just kind of laughed and said "sorry". He was older than the hills and had long fingernails. Very strange.

- I took a sea raycer out on the Sassagoula River and drove by the Treehouses. Lots of trees are down, and some have fallen on the houses. I took pictures of the Treehouses and Fairway Villas. I probably wasn't supposed to, but oh well. I saw 2 CM's get off a boat at the Treehouses.

- A boat CM was picking his nose and flicking snot out into Bay Lake. That was rather gross.

- I rode in the front of the monorail from Epcot.

- The Electrical Water Pageant is all together now with the Little Mermaid, etc soundtrack. There was some debate about this before. Every night of my trip it was the Little Mermaid soundtrack, not the Baroque Hoedown one.

- BTMRR "broke down" while I was on line. It looked like some kid touched something on the track or something which caused the ride to shut down. We were already in the station when it happened.

- Astro Orbiter rehab. The jets are gone. All that is up is the planets and scaffolding. Dumbo rehab. Half of the elephants were up in the air yesterday. One elephant is off the ride and outside of the rehab wall. Dumbo walk-around character is doing a meet and greet outside the ride. I've never seen this before.

- I have some pictures of the exterior Land deconstruction. I could see in a little bit last night, and can report that the Garden Grill sign was lit up and the Land symbol is still on the wall.

- I SAW INSIDE SMALL WORLD!! An amazing transformation has taken place. It is much more like Disneyland's now. It's just stunning. I am so happy! And best of all, I have pictures. Small and perhaps a bit blurry pictures, but pictures all the same.

I'm looking forward to sleeping tonight. My dad snores so loud that I didn't get any sleep the whole trip. I was too busy yelling "will you shut up" at my dad. It's nice to be back home where I have my own room with a door that I can close. Home food is also good. School starting on Wednesday is not good. Frozen driveway is not good. Frozen car with a mysteriously broken headlight also not good.

tigsmom

Welcome home!

I'm so sorry that you had a bad stay at the WL, don't know what was happening as we have never had a problem with mousekeeping.

Thanks for the updates & pics. :wave:

maelstrom

Original Poster
tigsmom said:
Welcome home!

I'm so sorry that you had a bad stay at the WL, don't know what was happening as we have never had a problem with mousekeeping.

Thanks for the updates & pics. :wave:

I've heard so many good things about the WL, and I had really high hopes, so this was such a disappointment. Of course, I heard good things about the Poly as well, and I didn't like that either. And a lot of people hate the Contemporary and I love it. So, of course, I'm backwards! Our view was amazing, though, so I can't complain about that. But the mousekeeping was really shoddy. And the snack bar.. I needed a gas mask to go in there. The hotel isn't horrible, I guess it just wasn't to my tastes.

maelstrom

Original Poster
There were hardly any crowds. Mission: Space had a 5 minute wait, Test Track was 30, Space Mountain was 10-15, Big Thunder was 15, Splash was 10, Kilimanjaro Safari was 10. I think Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan had the longest waits. It rained a little on Friday and everything was pretty much dead. We walked right onto the Safari and I saw some going through empty. Even the Magic Kingdom wasn't crowded.

crescent_moon

maelstrom said:
I just got back. It's hard to believe that I woke up in Florida this morning, and that now I'm back in cold New York. It's good to be home, though.

- Independence Air is much nicer than Southeast was. The plane from Newburgh was very small, but clean. The plane from Washington was very roomy and comfortable. Security at tiny little Stewart airport was worse than at Orlando. We didn't have to take our shoes off in Orlando. It was very crowded, but we got through quick. Quote

I'm travelling on Independence air in a couple of weeks, and noticed that you had a good experience with them.. Not too sure about this airline, but it's so cheap that i couldn't resist..but i am picky with airlines at the same time! Could you tell me anything more about the flight? spacious? enough overhead storage? Thanks so much!

maelstrom

Original Poster
crescent_moon said:
I'm travelling on Independence air in a couple of weeks, and noticed that you had a good experience with them.. Not too sure about this airline, but it's so cheap that i couldn't resist..but i am picky with airlines at the same time! Could you tell me anything more about the flight? spacious? enough overhead storage? Thanks so much!

The small plane we flew from Stewart to Washington was a very small jet. I'm a very small person, so it wasn't bad. I would imagine that for someone large it would be a bit uncomfortable. However, the seats themselves are very comfortable and are bright blue leather. There was enough room under the seat for my totebag, which was pretty packed. We didn't use the overhead bins so I can't really comment on them. But people who brought large rolly luggage as a carry-onhad to have it checked (to pick up on the jetway in Washington) because it would not fit on the plane in any of the designated areas.

The airbus we took from Washington to Orlando was so spacious! Again, the bright blue leather seats. But there was so much room between you and the seat in front. Lots of room to stretch your legs. This was the most comfortable plane I have ever been on.

We were given a soda and our choice of pretzels, sun chips, or cookies on each leg of the journey. It looks like they plan to have TV's in each seat in the future like on JetBlue. The staff was great (except when the flight attendant asked my dad if I was over 12.. :fork: ). I would definately fly with Independence again. I've been on Delta, American, and Southeast, and Independence is better than all of them. :sohappy:

crescent_moon

maelstrom said:
The small plane we flew from Stewart to Washington was a very small jet. I'm a very small person, so it wasn't bad. I would imagine that for someone large it would be a bit uncomfortable. However, the seats themselves are very comfortable and are bright blue leather. There was enough room under the seat for my totebag, which was pretty packed. We didn't use the overhead bins so I can't really comment on them. But people who brought large rolly luggage as a carry-onhad to have it checked (to pick up on the jetway in Washington) because it would not fit on the plane in any of the designated areas.

The airbus we took from Washington to Orlando was so spacious! Again, the bright blue leather seats. But there was so much room between you and the seat in front. Lots of room to stretch your legs. This was the most comfortable plane I have ever been on.

We were given a soda and our choice of pretzels, sun chips, or cookies on each leg of the journey. It looks like they plan to have TV's in each seat in the future like on JetBlue. The staff was great (except when the flight attendant asked my dad if I was over 12.. :fork: ). I would definately fly with Independence again. I've been on Delta, American, and Southeast, and Independence is better than all of them. :sohappy:

Wow..it sounds like you really like them. I love their choice in colors too.. It's so bright, but i love it! I always notice their kiosks when i'm at the airport. Good to know that it's spacious too..that's key for me, since i'm always dragging so much stuff with me! Well you've definitely made me feel more comfortable with taking my flight in a couple of weeks! I'll let you know how it goes..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom