January 2009 Booked?

jpm46

Although it is last minute, we are desperately trying to get into a Value Resort during mid-Jan 2009, but apparently all four of the Value Resorts are completely booked! Has anyone ran into this problem before? Should we just keep checking the online system and keep calling the reservation line in hopes that something opens up? I mean of all the rooms in the 4 hotels something has to open...right?

(In any case, I guess the start of the Buy 4, Get 3 promo is working.)

captainkidd

Very odd. Every other resort has occupancy open during January. My guess is it's either a glitch or they're only keeping a certain amount of rooms at the Values open. No way are they all booked solid in January.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Does your trip include Marathon Weekend? Either way, with the economy, if you call daily, eventually SOMEONE will cancel when they don't get the Christmas bonus they expected, and at least 1 of the ~7500 value rooms are property will open.

Upvote 0
I know my cousins has a soccer Tourment there in Jan. My aunt said that they suguested that they stay at the Values.

I also heard that they are repainting many of the rooms . Maybe that is another reason. :shrug:

Upvote 0

fosse76

Are your dates at all flexible? When I called two weeks ago to reserve a room in January, I specifically requested Pop Century. When the agent seemed like he wasn't finding anything for my length of stay, I told him the dates were flexible, and then he was able to get me in. Also, keep in mind, that when Disney releases discounts, they only release them in a limited number of rooms per resort. Perhaps all the values have used up their allotments.

Upvote 0

Mystic

As someone already mentioned, are your dates anywhere near January 15? That's marathon weekend. Also I got a pin code where the third week of January was blacked out. That could also be having an effect on availability.

Upvote 0

jpm46

Original Poster
The dates we are trying for are Jan. 13 - Jan. 20 (a Tuesday to Tuesday).

...called again this morning, and still nothing.

Upvote 0

jpm46

Original Poster
Nothing for a day or two before/after is available either. The Disney rep that I spoke to said that the online system is up to the minute of any openings and cancellations so I should just keep checking there.

Even she said there are over 7,500 rooms at the 4 value resorts so something should open up. Has anyone else ever played this game?

...I still can't believe that it's booked at that time of year!

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Nothing for a day or two before/after is available either. The Disney rep that I spoke to said that the online system is up to the minute of any openings and cancellations so I should just keep checking there.

Even she said there are over 7,500 rooms at the 4 value resorts so something should open up. Has anyone else ever played this game?

...I still can't believe that it's booked at that time of year!

Like I said, they more than likely closed a number of rooms off due to low bookings. It happens during that time. I know, seems kind of silly that you can't get in, but that's more than likely the reason.

Perhaps you could try for a moderate. With a AAA discount, your price won't be that much more.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Update:
I can't even find a Moderate resort with a standard room at this point!

I see Caribean Beach Resort with availability for the buy 4 get 3 for your dates. Are you looking for the room only discount?

Give me a call or email me if you'd like any help.:)

edit - oops my bad, you're right that's a preferred room with a slightly higher cost.

Upvote 0

tomm4004

This is bizarre. All we hear about are cutbacks and 35 per cent occupancy for January and yet someone is calling and can't get a room? Something is fishy.

Also, it doesn't make sense to close rooms due to low booking and then have everything booked. If they know they're getting close to capacity then they open rooms!

Note: Touring plans has crowd levels Mon Jan 12 to Fri Jan 16 at '6,4,5,6,5' for the five days. This would seem to be normal, even slightly above normal, crowds for this time of year so the whole "the economy is in ruins no one is going to WDW" seems strange.

Upvote 0

jpm46

Original Poster
This is bizarre. All we hear about are cutbacks and 35 per cent occupancy for January and yet someone is calling and can't get a room? Something is fishy.

Also, it doesn't make sense to close rooms due to low booking and then have everything booked. If they know they're getting close to capacity then they open rooms!

Note: Touring plans has crowd levels Mon Jan 12 to Fri Jan 16 at '6,4,5,6,5' for the five days. This would seem to be normal, even slightly above normal, crowds for this time of year so the whole "the economy is in ruins no one is going to WDW" seems strange.

Yes, I know this is so frustrating. We really want to go (obviously) but can't find an open resort that the promo will apply to. I CAN find one, but it's not one that the promo applies to. Apparently, only a certain number of rooms are designated to be discountable, and once those are gone others may be open (they are in my case) but you'd have to pay full price.

See for yoursef: Try to book a Value Resort for the dates we need (1/13-1/20) when you click on the "Price Your Dream Vacation" link on the Disneyworld.com homepage - Plenty available! Then try getting a reservation when you click the "Buy 4, Get 3" banner - everything is booked-up.

I want to book right now! They won't take my money haha! :brick:

Upvote 0

tomm4004

I want to book right now! They won't take my money haha! :brick:

Mousesavers says there are room only rates. Code is OZI. Try that perhaps over the phone.

For January 13-20 I tried Pop and Beach and both were unavailable, which is unusual for a normal January. Obviously the media reports about 35 per cent occupancy are a fib.

Note: I tried the next week. All I could get was the moderates at $174-184 per night!!! The site is going down for maintenance for a day in a couple of hours. Maybe there are some gremlins.

Upvote 0

cabihler

this is maybe redundant

others have already said it but it is worth repeating... keep trying, several times each day perhaps around 10 am then again around 4 pm and then a few minutes before reservations close for the night..... a lot of psycho babble as to the whys but ......

and yes january is NOT the unbusy time of the year anymore what with things like the marathon and many, many cheerleader competions and also dance company competions you will now find that the values and also moderates, particularly the CSR will be filled.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom