Jan 2006 Rehabs

bsandersjr

Original Poster
Test Track - 1/9/06 thru 2/14/06

Space Ranger Spin - 1/4/06 thru 2/8/06

Splash Mountain - 1/23/06 thru 1/27/06

Timmay

*sigh*

Going to be there the 22 to the 28...this is almost getting silly with the addition of Splash. I don't mind too much, but we have 7 people with us that have never been before.

bsandersjr

Original Poster
Timmay said:
*sigh*

Going to be there the 22 to the 28...this is almost getting silly with the addition of Splash. I don't mind too much, but we have 7 people with us that have never been before.

MK has EMH on Sun. 1/22/06. Splash will be open for that!:sohappy:
We get there on the 21st, so we will have to ride it about 15 times on the 22nd!:hammer:

scorp111

Every January this discussion comes up... but it is off-season for a reason. Lesser crowds=More rehabs....

It can be unfortunate for those who only occasionally make trips and happen to coincide with major rehabs, but it is reality.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
January is really the only time of year it's truly never busy. The marathon is the only exception and msot folks fly right in and out for that.

Brent

well im sad buzz will be down but hopefuly they can get those nice guns i hear about from dl version. (if your going to be there jan 5-12make sure to enter my contest)

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
DISNEY BIG WIGS This Ones For YOU!!

I heard that Disney Employees check out these threads everyonce in awhile so if they do.... Maybe they can pass this suggestion on to the big guys!! lol.

It is definatly a reality, and I completely understand that it "is" the best time of the year for Disney to do their refurbishments, but Disney should reduce ticket costs to compensate for all the closures. Maybe Disney could even make it a January super special. But, until then, if January guests pay the same as everyone else does the rest of the year, than my opinion is that January guests should be able to enjoy the same types of availability of rides as all the other months' of guests. (Does this make sense or is the late night, early morning hours affecting my ability to type clearly??)

Another thing Disney could do is offer a list (months ahead of time instead of weeks or days before) of scheduled refurbishments so people can decided for themselves if the trip will be worth it for them or not... (favorite rides being closed...etc.) This would have helped me plan better as I didn't know that January was the big refurbishment month. Fortunatly, SO FAR;), none of the rides that I LOVE are sheduled for refurbishment. But, I am worried that they will be due to it being January. :lookaroun

Thanks for letting me ramble :hammer:

spacemtnfanatic

We have gone every January since our first trips in 1997 (with the exception of 2004 when we went in February) and are headed down again on the 5th!! Not a single year has been "excessive" (in my mind) for rehabs. Sure, in the last 9 years we have seen pretty much every major ride down (Space, Splash, Big Thunder, Dinosaur)....fortunately not ToT and RnRC yet. We just take it and roll with it (except the year of Space Mountain, which was incredibly hard for me...for obvious reason). We know we go during the off-season, and the way we park-hop and power ride...we are willing to make the sacrifice of knowing one or two major attractions will be down....however the parks will not be very crowded.

This year my mom is really bummed about Buzz being down (her favorite in the MK), but when I told her, her first instinct was "well now when you go on your Space Mountain marathons, I can go check out some of those rides in Fantasyland i've never been on/haven't done for years". 9 times out of 10, when one of our favorites is down for rehab it makes us go do something we have never done, which often times becomes another favorite.

And Test Track will be down most of the trip, but will be open the first few days, so we will just make a point of riding it a few extra times on those first few days, and then just spend more time at M:S once TT closes.

Iakona

moriah said:
I heard that Disney Employees check out these threads everyonce in awhile so if they do.... Maybe they can pass this suggestion on to the big guys!! lol.

It is definatly a reality, and I completely understand that it "is" the best time of the year for Disney to do their refurbishments, but Disney should reduce ticket costs to compensate for all the closures. Maybe Disney could even make it a January super special. But, until then, if January guests pay the same as everyone else does the rest of the year, than my opinion is that January guests should be able to enjoy the same types of availability of rides as all the other months' of guests. (Does this make sense or is the late night, early morning hours affecting my ability to type clearly??)

Another thing Disney could do is offer a list (months ahead of time instead of weeks or days before) of scheduled refurbishments so people can decided for themselves if the trip will be worth it for them or not... (favorite rides being closed...etc.) This would have helped me plan better as I didn't know that January was the big refurbishment month. Fortunatly, SO FAR;), none of the rides that I LOVE are sheduled for refurbishment. But, I am worried that they will be due to it being January. :lookaroun

Thanks for letting me ramble :hammer:

Well, as mentioned the hotels are cheaper and those of us that go in January appreciate the lesser crowds (hoping that holds true for this year!). the trade off is that some major rides will be closed for rehab.
As for letting us know ahead of time, I believe most of these rehabs were announced at least by mid-November. Steve has them listed and I can't find the original posts but some of them may have been announced in October (Steve would know).

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Rides can close any day at any time - and Disney will not refund a ticket because a major ride breaks down. If they sold cheaper tickets for this time of year, they'd be feeding into the "it's worth less" mentality.

Also, tickets are good for various lengths of time. Assume i bought a 10 no expire cheaper in January than in July but went back in July and used it. That would make things overly complicated. Resorts are cheaper, by much, so there's really no reason to gripe. You can reschedule for the peak period or deal with a few rides down.

More rides can breakdown in a massive summer thunderstorm than are typically scheduled to be out in January.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
moriah said:
... but Disney should reduce ticket costs to compensate for all the closures. Maybe Disney could even make it a January super special. But, until then, if January guests pay the same as everyone else does the rest of the year, than my opinion is that January guests should be able to enjoy the same types of availability of rides as all the other months' of guests...

I understand your frustration with this, but as Mousermerf stated it would really lead into a big mess with the ticket structure.

Besides the cheaper hotel rates, which are govered by simple economics (remember Economics101?,) I wish there was some sort of compensation or incentive to the guest though !! :lookaroun

However....the frustration of MASSIVE crowds may be greater than the frustration of ride closings !!

coln84

unkadug said:
However....the frustration of MASSIVE crowds may be greater than the frustration of ride closings !!

Lets see.....I can go to the park with a few rides down and NO lines, or I can go in the middle of summer, discover sweat that i've never felt in that area before, wait in line for everything (making it unable to go on everything), and have all the rides running....

I think i choose off season

Laura

Premium Member
My last 2 Disney trips Test Track was the only ride I didn't get to go on. Now it's going to be rehabbed on my next trip. By the time I get to ride it again it will be like a brand new ride to me LOL.

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
restating my opinion

Yea, after thinking about it I realize that all seasons have its pluses and minues. Hey, maybe Disney coud do a few package incentives like Hot in the sun, Feel my fury, hurricane package, and an off season.. face lift package...lol :lol:

I am just bitter about dealing with lots of refurbishments because we won't be coming back, and I want to experience as much Disney magic as you all do when you go to Disney.

That being said, mousermerf, you came across pretty harshly in your replies about my original post . My husband is an active duty Marine, and we don't get to pick when we take leave, the military dictates that to us. So, rescheduling or better planning a trip isn't really an option for us. I want you to know that I value your opinion and expertise (sp?) greatly, and I have really gained much knowledge from your many posts, but back off a little with the harshness. :fork: F.Y.I. If I read into your responses wrong, I appologize in advance.

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
Oh, I understand now. I am blunt too due to being married to an overly opinionated most of the time overbaring (sp?) 220lb 6'1 US Marine. So, I get defensive easily. Thanks for being COOOL:cool: !

Cheers! "imagine a face icon downing a shot - Gulp, slam, AHHH"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom