Jammin Jungle closing in June

asianway

Lik

e
Like what? Aladdin, Fantasmic, SW, Tomorrowland Dance Party, World of Color (WWhich doesn't really use entertainment cast) and the parade.

How does that even compare to Mermaid, BatB, Indy, Mulch, LMA, Star Wars, Fantasmic and Idol?

That is far to much shows to make an enjoyable day.
Both parks have a parade, run 2x on busy days. Mickey & the magical map, whatever the jamboree is putting on in the festival space, plus the many smaller acts. The new princess area has two shows on the carnation dance floor which is now a flex space. They have live swing music too...

WDWYankee15

When our daughter was 5 yrs old we told her we were going to wait for the parade. She said, 'No, let's go on the rides while everyone's busy watching the parade!' I'll bet there are still a lot of children who feel that way :)

Understood and a good point, but getting ride of entertainment options means "everyone" WON'T be "busy watching the parade," and therefore the ride lines will be longer than they previously were.

I feel like there are better things to be upset about than this. However, I never really cared for the parade, so I'm biased.

Parades while providing entertainment also provide something that every park needs, activity for it's guests. Each time they take away an activity, even if it is inconsequential to you and your family in your mind, is completely consequential in every way. The people have not stopped coming (check the attendance figures) so they have to go somewhere. The somewhere is the places and activities (ride, shows and attractions) you deem worth of your time and interest. Hence your experience is greatly impacted.

So you could careless about Meet and Greets, Parades, Shows (entertainment in general), but understand they are people eaters. They keep people out of the ride lines. It gets people booking 1 of their coveted 3 FastPass+ options on a meet and greet instead of another ride...

Taking away without replacement is just not good. Plain and simple

doctornick

Yes its not as if they removed a show and a load of meet n greets too.

To be fair, it sounds like the parade is going away after FOTLK returns so they won't both be gone at the same time. And I think most if not all of the M&G's have been retained from the loss of CMM.

I'm not excusing the loss of the parade, but it sounds like it will be basically be the same amount of entertainment as right now, just swapping FOTLK for the parade. Of course, it would be better to have both.

That said, if what has been suggested earlier in this thread is true -- that the parade needs to close due to work on Discovery Island -- then so be it. But it would be nice to hear about a new/replacement parade being planned for when Discovery Island is restored.

mm52200

To be fair, it sounds like the parade is going away after FOTLK returns so they won't both be gone at the same time. And I think most if not all of the M&G's have been retained from the loss of CMM.

I'm not excusing the loss of the parade, but it sounds like it will be basically be the same amount of entertainment as right now, just swapping FOTLK for the parade. Of course, it would be better to have both.

That said, if what has been suggested earlier in this thread is true -- that the parade needs to close due to work on Discovery Island -- then so be it. But it would be nice to hear about a new/replacement parade being planned for when Discovery Island is restored.
In regards to the M&G's, I believe people are referencing the number of meet and greets that were cut from the park already before CMM closed. DAK lost Terk, Thumper, Miss Bunny, Flik, Lilo, Stitch, Meeko (full time), characters that used to meet at the entrance of the park, Jiminy Cricket, the opening show, the closing street party with the characters, and various other atmosphere entertainment acts. If the parade is truly being closed because of work happening on Discovery Island then fine, but however the fact that the additional entertainment to make up for the loss of the parade will probably consist of things like the Dinoland Dance Party is very disappointing. Also the parade will probably be conveniently forgotten so when work is done they won't bring it back or a new parade.

mm121

What i hate the most is how they cancel things and then dont replace them for years and years.

a friend i know did say that the parade storage/preparation areas are indeed located in the Camp Minnie/Mickey area so there may be some real reason

however IMO they've known about Avatar Land for years now, so there was more than enough time to create a new parade preparation area.

I just really hope the new nighttime entertainment lives up to expectations, with the rumors of a boat parade etc.

though this nightime entertainment still leaves an entertainment gap at DAK and it was nice to have a parade option that wasn't in the evening, as not all kids/guest can last a full day at the parks.

Soarin' Over Pgh

What i hate the most is how they cancel things and then dont replace them for years and years.

a friend i know did say that the parade storage/preparation areas are indeed located in the Camp Minnie/Mickey area so there may be some real reason

however IMO they've known about Avatar Land for years now, so there was more than enough time to create a new parade preparation area.

I just really hope the new nighttime entertainment lives up to expectations, with the rumors of a boat parade etc.

though this nightime entertainment still leaves an entertainment gap at DAK and it was nice to have a parade option that wasn't in the evening, as not all kids/guest can last a full day at the parks.

Welcome :) I see your been around for a while but this is your first post! We don't bite! Jump in!

Yeah, the current mood seems to be of discontent over the "minussing" of the entire resort without plus sing it at all.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
This is sad news, I was hoping to catch it again in June. Is it closing at the start of June or later in June? Does anyone know, I didn't see it posted on here. Thanks!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Don't say the Lion King is closed into your argument as it will open when this leaves. Also, evening entertainment isn't two years away...
However I am right. Lk is closed. We don't know if it is returning at the same quality. Now losing a parade without a replacement and night time avatar is at least two years away. AK has little to offer and now in 2014 it will have less not more. So pretending the parade disappearing is a win for guests of ak is not something I'd do or praise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom