Jaleo by José Andrés to open in Disney Springs West Side in early 2019

Stitchon

Does anyone know if they will be demolishing the building or giving it an overhaul? I've never been inside but judging by pictures it was definitely built to mid-90s architectural standards.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the photos. From what we can see from them, does 2018 really sound still like the time frame? Of course we have no idea what's going on inside but the outside that I can see looks like nothing has been done yet.Then again they may just keep the outside the same?
Yep it will open in 2018.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, September 21. An update since @wdwmagic photo postings shows more of the front part of the building has been removed.

IMG_0070.JPG

Sabriel

I'm curious what could replace Bongos with the similarity of Cuban & Spanish food right next door to each other. I personally think a fondue restaurant would be great.

Love me some fondue as well, but comparing Cuban and Spanish food is apples and oranges. It’s like saying New England and Southern cuisine are too similar.
You can see it from the menus, the offerings aren’t on the same level.

Gatorboy

Love me some fondue as well, but comparing Cuban and Spanish food is apples and oranges. It’s like saying New England and Southern cuisine are too similar.
You can see it from the menus, the offerings aren’t on the same level.
More like oranges and tangerines, Apples and oranges are more like Spanish and Mexican. The Cuban cuisine is very similar, but I get your point, especially with two or three if you count Blaze Italian places at the Springs. I was just hoping for a completely different offering.

Diablo

Jose Andres perfectly exemplifies what a culinary humanitarian can achieve. The guy is amazing. I can't wait to have one of his establishments in DS.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, February 22, 2018. Additional steel work and floor installed.

IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0230.JPG

Of interest is the new architectural structure on the back (lakeside) of the building.

IMG_0231.JPG

IMG_0232.JPG

Photo update as of Thursday, March 1, 2018. The new architectural structure wraps around the building, and can be seen in the front now.

IMG_0261.JPG

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom