I've come to the conclusion we'll have to change our tactics at Disney from now on.

jlsHouston

Sorry but I don't think WDW wants AP's any more, you people crowd the parks not spending money like the newbies. Just saying...

That is simply not true, I might save some cash on my park tickets for a year and get 10% on my purchases, but trust me I spend 5 figures a year visiting WDW and staying at resorts. Yes part of that expenditure is travel expense but the resorts and food are not cheap at Disney.
I am really not sure what Disney's thinking is behind this My Magic and FP+. Much smarter people than me with business and accounting and marketing backgrounds have thrown ideas out on threads earlier this year.
At first it just seemed it was a better way for Disney to collect information on guests to better market product. But as an IT person somewhere on a thread pointed out, in reality Disney already has this info on guests who stay at resorts if they wanted to access it.
In a way it looks like Disney is trying to get people to advance plan trips even more than they do now. I don't think I have ever booked and started paying for a trip before the 75 day mark and the FP+ system will probably hinder my Disney experience in the parks if I start finding 2 months before my trip there are no FP's for TSMM or the mountains or Peter Pan:eek: available.
It also kind of concerns me as to whether Disney is going to allow guests not staying onsite to participate in all the planning they are offering under My Magic. Specifically Swan and Dolphin, because that is as far as I would ever go to stay and a non WDW resort while visiting.
Of course I have never visited UNI and people have commented on threads that UNI allows FP for only guests at their resort...not sure if UNI has a form of EMH for resort guests only.
I feel like if Disney makes too many changes to the repetitive guests experience and opportunities for experiences, especially in terms of park guests losing time on attractions and resort guests too, eventually Disney will see a decrease in attendance from those customers.
All in all I think we are all going to have to wait and see what this final product looks like that Disney is rolling out. I suspect as the OP has stated it will make a difference how and when I vacation at WDW. :cautious:

mergatroid

Original Poster
Ok, sorry to bump an old thread of mine but I thought it better than starting a new one.

Well we arrive 6 weeks today (17th September) for a 3 week holiday and I was wondering with FP+ rolled out now how folks are finding it? My main question is whether certain rides are still easily accessible at times like in 'the good old days' with 10 - 15 minute waits? Last year as I explained back then in the 1st post we really struggled riding much without a longish wait and even Journey was a 25 minute line at 11am on a relatively normal day at Epcot!

Have things improved are has FP+ now created artificial wait times where there didn't used to be them?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom