"It's Tough To Be A Bug" closing for lengthy refurbishment in July

Matt_Black

Indeed. Tangentially, that's why Disney has had success reissuing many animated films in 3D and imax. Applying 3D to a live-action film after the fact tends to go poorly. Animation does not suffer from that limitation, with the exception of stop motion animation.

matt9112

oh
The Great Movie Ride, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...:p
But yes, I think people get the point that an attraction encompasses rides shows, exhibits, anything that draws people to pay money. Disney did not invent that. It is just an umbrella term.
really....

before Disney there was no such thing as an attraction or "fun" =)

Matt_Black

oh

really....

before Disney there was no such thing as an attraction or "fun" =)

Fun was not discovered until 1907 when Nikolai Tesla accidentally generated some with an electrical device trying to remove static charge from his socks. Albert Edison quickly took control of fun and squelched it for several more years. The general public was made aware of fun in 1929, shortly before the stock market crash. Fun was not readily available to the masses until after the Second World War.

matt9112

Fun was not discovered until 1907 when Nikolai Tesla accidentally generated some with an electrical device trying to remove static charge from his socks. Albert Edison quickly took control of fun and squelched it for several more years. The general public was made aware of fun in 1929, shortly before the stock market crash. Fun was not readily available to the masses until after the Second World War.

i think you just won the internet sir.

TB4244

This is due to re-open on Sunday, and there's no word about what work was carried out or any improvements...so far. There's gotta be news soon surely?

YodaMan

I have no idea how to post a photo right now without taking the time to upload to another site, but the posted wait time was 50 minutes at 10:34 this morning. The line was down to 5 quickly enough, but I'm just telling you what I saw.

TB4244

Hmmm, its re-opened with no fanfare or any hint that its been improved at all. It was a major upgrade, wouldn't they have announced it somehow? I will be soooo disappointed if it hasn't gone digital.

TP2000

There's not a hint anywhere that this show has even reopened, much less been upgraded to digital. No one on the Internetz seems to care, so why should TDO?

Anyone there this week been to ITTBAB and noticed changes or upgrades? And how interesting that no CM reported in here. On Disneyland boards there are always CM's who work at the locations who report in on the latest news and backstage buzz.

But no CM at DAK seems to care, or know anything, or know enough to care. :confused:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I was there on Monday. I didn't even realize it had been closed for refurbishment so I was not checking anything. I did not notice anything new. The show seemed to be the same from what i can remember. The nets in the queue are still there.

afar28

I was there on Monday. I didn't even realize it had been closed for refurbishment so I was not checking anything. I did not notice anything new. The show seemed to be the same from what i can remember. The nets in the queue are still there.
Wow, the nets still being there are very disappointing. And not even digital? Wow

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom