It's Time for Lunch: Liberty Tree or Tony's

ImagineerDude

Original Poster
They are both going to be new to us and I already have ADRs for both for lunch on May 24th. Ideally we'd go to LTT for lunch and Tony's for dinner, but LTT is too expensive for our budget for dinner and it and the Plaza are the only things available for dinner besides Crystal Palace, which at $40 a person is still too expensive. I have the Plaza for 7:25. So back to the main question: LTT or Tony's for lunch?

bethymouse

I guess if you like typical American Type Fare all you care to eat served family style, it's ok. We didn't have such great service when we were there.:( TTS is one of our faves. I know we're in the minority, but except for the occasional mishap w/ service, the food is pretty good. My hubby likes the steak. My boys like the Mickey shaped ravioli, and I like the eggplant parmagiana. I've had the vegetable lasagne too. I guess if you like typical American/Italian style food ( some equate it to Olive Garden), then you'll like it.:)

Disvillain63

I guess if you like typical American Type Fare all you care to eat served family style, it's ok. We didn't have such great service when we were there.:( TTS is one of our faves. I know we're in the minority, but except for the occasional mishap w/ service, the food is pretty good. My hubby likes the steak. My boys like the Mickey shaped ravioli, and I like the eggplant parmagiana. I've had the vegetable lasagne too. I guess if you like typical American/Italian style food ( some equate it to Olive Garden), then you'll like it.:)
I want Mickey-shaped ravioli!!!!:D

HouCuseChickie

I have never been to Tony's...mainly b/c the plethora of poor reviews have scared us off. Well, that and I'm fairly critical of Italian food and find many things to be subpar. I have eaten at LTT though and lunch seems much more appealing than dinner (at least to me) since it's not the family style setting of dinner.

dopeylover

LTT!! I haven't been to Tony's due to listening to poor reviews, but we had LTT our first time last trip and loved it! They flat out tell you it's Stouffer's mac and cheese they serve (I believe the restaurant is sponsored by them), but I happen to like their mac and cheese, so that was not a problem for me. We had great service, and there is a TON of food that didn't stop coming til we said 'when'! So much so that although I don't know your situation, if you made it a late lunch, you might be Ok getting away with a very light dinner or larger snack later on in the day, this way you could save a TS if you're on the DP. It definitely provides a lot of bang for your buck, even my DD, who was a week short of a year at the time, loved it!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
They are both going to be new to us and I already have ADRs for both for lunch on May 24th. Ideally we'd go to LTT for lunch and Tony's for dinner, but LTT is too expensive for our budget for dinner and it and the Plaza are the only things available for dinner besides Crystal Palace, which at $40 a person is still too expensive. I have the Plaza for 7:25. So back to the main question: LTT or Tony's for lunch?

Although Tony's is not my favorite, I think it is better then LTT. LTT is just stoffers put on a plate in my opinion. What about not doing a table service? You can do counter service at BOG and if open, our favorite is Tortuga.

ImagineerDude

Original Poster
Although Tony's is not my favorite, I think it is better then LTT. LTT is just stoffers put on a plate in my opinion. What about not doing a table service? You can do counter service at BOG and if open, our favorite is Tortuga.
Thought about BoG, in fact that was my first thought, but my family would probably kill me! We are planning that for our next trip. We aren't on the DDP so we aren't wasting any credits and we usually don't get to do TS in the parks so I want to try some new things! BoG, Tortuga, and Tland Terrace are the only QS locations we haven't done. Crystal Palace is one of your favorites right? I'd love to try it but my mom isn't a fan :(

MouseDreaming

We have always done Tony's for dinner, and it is one of our family's favorites. This year, we decided to try something new, so we will be heading to LTT for lunch! The lunch menu sounds better to me than the buffet dinner. And, yeah, the buffet is expensive.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Thought about BoG, in fact that was my first thought, but my family would probably kill me! We are planning that for our next trip. We aren't on the DDP so we aren't wasting any credits and we usually don't get to do TS in the parks so I want to try some new things! BoG, Tortuga, and Tland Terrace are the only QS locations we haven't done. Crystal Palace is one of your favorites right? I'd love to try it but my mom isn't a fan :(

Yes it is! :) I been to everything but BOG in MK. I do love CP but do prefer for breakfast not lunch/dinner. I will be honest, I am not a fan of much for dinner at MK that is TS. I think Tony's is better then LT. And CP is the best - inched out due to characters. CRT for dinner is actually not my fave but it is good. As for counter service, I love Tortuga and then Pecos Bill b/c of the toppings bar (mmmmmm...drippy cheese!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom