It's the first day of your WDW vacation...

WDW 3

We mix it up. We usually get there around noon so we go to one of the parks. Since it's only $10 to add an 8th day it's worth it!
The last 3 years we gone to 3 different parks. One year AK was open late and we love the parks at night so we headed over there. Last year it was MK with the first stop Main Steet Bakery for coffee and a treat and to just sit and smile that we were there.

JillC LI

Completely depends on what time we arrive. Our WDW trips are usually on the shorter side, so if we can get to a park by mid-afternoon, we certainly will. If we don't arrive until later in the day, usually we'll just have dinner on property and then hit Downtown Disney.

Chrononymous

If it's late enough in the afternoon to really see much, (or pay for a full day ticket when it's not a full day) we do Downtown Disney, resort touring, Boardwalk...sometimes a game of mini golf.

Often we get checked in out hotel by one-ish, so there is still time to take in a park, like DHS, and hit a few things, before hopping to a park that's open later.

Bethypoo

Epcot. You can get most, if not all, of FW done in an afternoon. And it's always fun to see the ball as you drive up. :) Have a nice, early dinner and get to bed early. That's my arrival day. :)
That's a great idea. I tend to neglect FW because I enjoy WS so much. Well, I was planning on going to DTD on my arrival day, but now am reconsidering. Too much to do in so little time!

MightyMouse

Grab a drink (or 2, or 3 or....;) ), hit the pool. Take a photo of myself on the pool deck making sure to capture the sun, my surroundings, the pool, and said drink(s). Then upload that photo onto facebook making sure to tag everyone I know back at home shoveling the dreaded slushy snow from their driveways, and add a caption of, "You wish you were me". :D
Oh... and then hit the pool a bit more, explore the resort, and get the family pumped up for a week of ultimate fun in the sun. :)

HDS

Depending on time of arrival, We first hit the Disney Outlet for some trader pins then check into the resort. Being AP holders, the wife and I head right to the MK!

GSP Guy

we are usually there for more days than we have tickets for ( this year 15 nights..10 days of main park tickets.) so we spend day one relaxing and exploring!
This is my plan on my upcoming trip 14 days so we can take it easy and just take it all in, also no cell phones this entire trip.

We normally go to Downtown Disney after check-in.

bgraham34

I dont ever have anything planned on arrival day. You never know what will happen with flight delays. If I get there early enough we love going to the MK.

DizneyPryncess

We drive to Florida from PA, and usually arrive between 1-2 after our 2nd day of driving. Once we check in & unpack, we just want to relax. I love exploring the resort, hitting the pool, and just soaking up the fact that I'm starting a Disney vacation. We usually hit the Poly or DTD for dinner. Even without a park, that first day is always one of my favorites.

Jim Chandler

A lot depends on the time the parks close. Summer/school vacation time they close later than other times.
What we like to do is get there settle in and roam the resort have a lite lunch then hit DTD for dinner which could be Wolfgang Puck's for the Squash soup which I love or TRex, or one of the other restaurants or even as simple as a Banana split or similar at Gihardelis.

EmmabaRose

I already have our first day planned. We are driving from SC so depending on what time we leave we will be checking into our hotel mid to late afternoon. A few hours down time to recover from the journey and the spend the evening eating and exploring downtown Disney before an early night for Epcot in the morning!

I am very much in the camp of using ticket day on a partial trip tomthe parks.

mrdisman

I always take an early flight...used to always go into Animal Kingdom because that park closed early. I'd stop at the rainforest Cafe for dinner then spend the rest of the evening around the resort so that I'd be rested for my first full day at the Magic Kingdom

PUSH

It depends on when we arrive. If we are able to get settled into our resort by 1 or 2 then we normally will head to a park (doesn't really matter which). If it's later in the afternoon and into the evening, we go to DTD/other resorts/our own resort, etc.

jayhawkmickey

A nice shower to get the airplane funk off, then it's usually off to Fultons at DTD for some crab legs then a trip through World of Disney to get into the mood. Last trip in January we went straight to Magic Kingdom because it was Saturday night and 2011 treated us to a fight at DTD which totally spoiled a nice night. Instead of crab on the captian's deck we had a table at Casey' with a great view of wishes and CTM. Honestly I'm not sure which I like better. Luckily the park was open late and it was cool so we had lots of time to ride whatever we wanted with no lines, we did everything! It was great.

BoarderPhreak

Breathe in a deep lungful of Disney Air(TM) and smile?

If I can't be at a park pretty much all day, I'll typically explore the resort, Village, other resorts... Lots to do to that's not park related.

Aurora1

We normally eat lunch at the hotel, hang by the pool for a few hours, then hit the monorail before heading to Downtown Disney! Getting a glimpse of the castle and Epcot is a tease, but it gets us SO excited for our first day in the parks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom