It's the end of the world!!!

General Grizz

Original Poster
FROM INTERCOT.COM

EPCOT Icon In For a Major Change

WESH TV2 in Orlando has reported that by February 2005, Spaceship Earth, EPCOT’s icon and centerpiece attraction will be closed for a major overhaul. Disney plans to take the ride offline for two years to create a whole new attraction called “Time Racers,” set to debut in 2007. This is no cosmetic facelift, but a complete redesign of the ride contained within the geodesic sphere that is so easily recognizable. Insiders believe that that the new ride will be a “moving theater type ride” that will be able to handle 2,400 guests per hour. Disney has declined to comment on the documents WESH uncovered, stating that they do not discuss attractions until they are formerly announced. A former Imagineer, however, believes that Disney will incorporate some of the cutting-edge technology currently employed at Tokyo DisneySea. There is no information on the ride concept at this time

mbro2002

Just like how MGM's centerpiece attraction, the Great Movie Ride, was to be take down and transformed into a radically new ride concept?

I'll believe it ONLY when I see it.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Death to Gemini!!! :fork:

Let's not get out of hand here Grizz. Until you see this happen, don't believe it, because now it is as false as true. I wouldn't worry about it. As for the rest of Gemini, it will be great. It will finally bring the two sections together and form some type of universal connection.

General Grizz

Original Poster
What do you know about Gemini? This is part of it, after all...what you believe about it means you could equally believe in this?? No Gemini! Wait for budget increase! Wait for better management! WAIT!! They are going too fast and too far!!

General Grizz

Original Poster
Sure...but...but..help! They are changing everything...and so far the changes at EPCOT have been fundamentally for the worst...and if they keep it up...help us!!!!

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Sure...but...but..help! They are changing everything...and so far the changes at EPCOT have been fundamentally for the worst...and if they keep it up...help us!!!!

But you do not know if this is at all true. It wasn't released by Disney in any way, shape, or form. The other things were though. So we do know the true points of Gemini. Please don't get out of control with this since IT IS ONLY A RUMOR! A RUMOR THAT WILL PROBABLY PROVE TO BE FALSE!

General Grizz

Original Poster
I know. But everything starts as a rumor, and WESH, the news station for NBC here, seems to have their act together. I have talked to people who know the theme park analysts there...and they have been said to be VERY well in-line.

I am not surprised at this, now that I think of it. I will try to keep it as "not going to happen," but we'll just have to see! :cry:

WDWspider

Well, that is an extreme rumor in my book, I hope it's not true, rides like Spaceship Earth only need to be updated and upgraded, not completely redone.

JLW11Hi

Whoa, whoa, settle down everyone. Who's to say this is a bad thing? It hasn't been confirmed yet, and even then it could still turn out to be a very nice attraction. Remember, there has been a very big focus on updating Epcot recently.

There is way to little info to start judging anything yet.

General Grizz

Original Poster
Every other Gemini rumor I've heard (besides Soarin') is really really bad! They really need to stop and focus on what they have! What they have is a Future World that is pretty soon lacking the fundamentality it originated with! And based on the refurbishments I've seen at the past at this park, I am not safe with this! Plus, they are keeping attractions like the COP closed...they are basically going through each attraction and finding ways to draw more appeal; not make it any more foundationally better! Help!

dizpins14

well I love Spaceship Earth just as much as everyone else but at least this rumor isn't turing into a thril ride. Maybe they are going to do something like the Universe of Energy where it's a ride/movie. You never know

SirNim

I tell you what though - Time Racers sounds a lot like the premise of "Back to the Future" if I'm not mistaken. And if it happens, where does Communication pavilion go? Pulverized to dust like WoM and JII and Horizons? Getting rid of another classic Omnimover AA show, for the sake of a storyline? Not every ride needs a plot. Some, like SE, tell a story without a plot. Time Racers sounds a lot like a plotted attraction, like TT, JIYIWF, MS, and all the other "replacements." If Mikey guts the globe, he's killing off one of the last original EPCOT Center ideas (with the Living Seas and The Land the final). Plus, there's plenty of space in Epcot for many more pavilions, Future World and WS. NO WAY. You can get rid of AT&T, bring on Microsoft, or even get rid of the Omnimover. Just don't get rid of the story of communcations!! A ride doesn't need to be thrilling to be entertaining. What wrong with it now?! If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. Or else, put in a new pavilion. How about FWW? Huh? 2 Super headliners next to each other but a bit less popularity on the other side of the park, eh?:fork: :fork: :(

MicBat

According to a lot of things I've read, Spaceship Earth is the most ridden attraction in history. I'll put this in the book next to the GMV getting a CAVE attraction.

General Grizz

Original Poster
Yes. It seems to be all about getting appeal and making money, too me. They are taking a valuable lesson of life, and replacing with what goes against the company, just to get the cash flow going. This is sick. They need a new dynasty. And fast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom