It's that time of year again!! Your absolute worst Christmas Song

What Christmas song is just God awful

• Simply having a wonderful Christmas. Please make it stop.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I want a hippopotamus for Christmas. Why kid, Why??

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Grandma got run over by a Reindeer.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Santa Baby

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Wait you missed_________

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

Smiley/OCD

It's like nails on a chalkboard. Christmas songs shouldn't have screeching in them. I think the Peanuts song ("Linus and Lucy") is from the Christmas Special and that's why it's a Christmas song?

The past two Christmases, I have been hearing two different versions of "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen on Christmas stations and I am not sure why.
The original version is Leonard Cohen...Rufus Wainright is another artist that had a hit with it as well.

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
4 more great songs to add...
Christmas Canon (Trans Siberian Orchestra)
Have a Holly Jolly Christmas (B. Ives)
Feliz Navidad (J Feliciano)
You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch (by our Disney buddy, Thurl Ravenscroft)
Christmas Canon is absolutely beautiful.

Ella Fitzgerald does a dynamite version of frosty the snowman but then again its Ella Fitzgerald lol anything she sings is great

erasure fan1

On a different note, on you tube, check out Choir, Choir, Choir's version of A Little Respect by Erasure...awesome! (I'm a big fan of Oh L'Amour...the record store I owned specialized on 12" dance singles)
I believe I still have my 12" oh L'Amour single packed away. If you're a fan of erasure and this is a Christmas thread, have you listened to snow globe?

Tick Tock

On the subject of Christmas songs, dare I say it, but I think the Neil Diamond version of 'Happy Christmas (War Is Over)' is far superior to John Lennon's. That's saying a lot, because rarely will I say anything tops a song with Lennon's name attached to it. But Neil Diamond hit it outta the park, and made (imo) one of the most powerful Christmas songs ever with his version (especially the ending).

Okay, carry on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom