It's that time of year again!! Your absolute worst Christmas Song

What Christmas song is just God awful

• Simply having a wonderful Christmas. Please make it stop.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I want a hippopotamus for Christmas. Why kid, Why??

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Grandma got run over by a Reindeer.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Santa Baby

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Wait you missed_________

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
for me these are the top two.

#1. Please daddy don't get drunk this Christmas. John Denver. Seriously John? you're usually so upbeat but a christmas song about an alcoholic abusive father says "Goodwill to men"?

#2 The christmas shoes. pretty much along the same lines.. why? Nothing says let's celebrate Christ birth like a depressing song about a mom dying of cancer.

Honorable mention: Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt

this is for fun and not all encompassing. As the saying goes, one man's treasure is another's garbage.

What song has you running to rip your ears off every time you hear it.

KBLovedDisney

The Christmas Song and that freakin first line of "Chestnuts Roasting on an open fire"...
tenor.gif

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Christmas Shoes is the worst for sure.

Sometimes the station near me plays a song about a Christmas donkey that’s super annoying. If you’re not already familiar with it do not youtube it. It’s terrible. That’s a close #2.

TwilightZone

It doesn't play often, but the christmas shoes has to be one of the worst out there.
Also any christmas song where a little kid sings except for santa is coming to town.

righttrack

"Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas" by a mile! Love Macca. He's a demigod of music, but this is just horrific. Melodically it's a mess, all over the place. It has cheesy 80s synth sounds in it. It's about as organic as cheese out of a can on a ritz cracker with a side of mayo. When I hear this song I say, "Someone shoot it please!"

Goofyernmost

The original version of "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus". The weird "adult singing like a child with missing teeth" thing grates on my nerves EVERY SINGLE TIME.
Ya gotta remember that songs like 'I saw Mommy' and 'all I want for Christmas is a hippopotamus', were songs I listened to on the radio when I was a kid close to 70 freaking years ago. Novelty songs were a big then back then before people started twerking or suggesting that Santa join them in a little Christmas eve delight. Rudolph and Frosty, go back that far as well. If you listen to anything written that long ago it will grate on anyone's nerves. Music has become much more sophisticated now, but, not necessarily better.

daronlif

Ya gotta remember that songs like 'I saw Mommy' and 'all I want for Christmas is a hippopotamus', were songs I listened to on the radio when I was a kid close to 70 freaking years ago. Novelty songs were a big then back then before people started twerking or suggesting that Santa join them in a little Christmas eve delight. Rudolph and Frosty, go back that far as well. If you listen to anything written that long ago it will grate on anyone's nerves. Music has become much more sophisticated now, but, not necessarily better.
I don’t mind the novelty, or the era, it’s just that song in particular. Hippopotamuses and missing front teeth don’t bother me, but the weird grown adult attempting to giggle like a child is downright disconcerting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom