It's that time of year again!! Your absolute worst Christmas Song

What Christmas song is just God awful

• Simply having a wonderful Christmas. Please make it stop.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I want a hippopotamus for Christmas. Why kid, Why??

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Grandma got run over by a Reindeer.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Santa Baby

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Wait you missed_________

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

Tick Tock

I've always found 'We Wish You A Merry Christmas' to be a song which encourages a mentality of entitlement and rudeness. Completely unacceptable to demand free figgy pudding to be brought out here NOW, simply because one offers tidings of good cheer via a carol.

Back in my day, we worked for our pudding, and we said "please" and "thank you" when requesting some, rather than making idle threats of refusal to leave if the homeowner neglected figgy pudding offerings in exchange for our carols.

I blame the downfall of society on this song.

trr1

I've always found 'We Wish You A Merry Christmas' to be a song which encourages a mentality of entitlement and rudeness. Completely unacceptable to demand free figgy pudding to be brought out here NOW, simply because one offers tidings of good cheer via a carol.

Back in my day, we worked for our pudding, and we said "please" and "thank you" when requesting some, rather than making idle threats of refusal to leave if the homeowner neglected figgy pudding offerings in exchange for our carols.

I blame the downfall of society on this song.
and now demanding money to go back home

daronlif

Speaking of bad Christmas songs, just in case these jokers stop by for wassail, I've put a recipe below.
Alton Brown's Wassail Recipe
hqdefault.jpg

Smiley/OCD

Having worked in radio and retail music (when they actually HAD record stores), I used to be done with Christmas music by the first week of December...that being said, here's my list for the best/worst Christmas songs...

WORST:
The Christmas Song (Chestnuts...) (NK Cole) (HATE IT)
White Christmas (Crosby) (HATE IT)
Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer (Elmo & Patsy) (OH, DO I HATE IT)
Wonderful Christmastime (McCartney) (I know he's a Beatle, BUT...)
Blue Christmas (Elvis) (HATE IT)
Merry Christmas Baby (Springsteen) (I KNOW IT'S SACRILEGIOUS TO LIVE IN NJ AND NOT LOVE HIM, BUT...)

Best:
All I Want for Christmas is You (M. Carey) (My wife HATES her, but I love this song)
Christmas Baby (Please Come Home) (D. Love) (You KNOW it's Christmas when she performed this on Letterman)
Linus & Lucy (V. Guaraldi) (Great instrumental Christmas song)
Baby, It's Cold Outside (D. Martin) (I was never politically correct...)
Christmas Shoes (NewSong) (That's the name of the group- I know many don't like it, but I sometimes like to tear up at Christmas)
12 Pains of Christmas (B. Rivers) (One of the BEST Christmas novelty songs)
Mele Kalikimaka (B. Crosby or J. Buffet) (I like Bing's version a little better)
Dominick the Donkey (L. Monte) (No, I'm not Italian, but it's a Jersey/ New York thing)
I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas (G. Peevey) (The original is the best, the new Kacey Musgraves version is good, but LeAnn Rimes version SUCKS!!)
O Holy Night (M. Crawford is the best IMHO, but Josh Groban's version is good too...this song HAS to be sung by a male lead...)
Merry Christmas, Darling (Carpenters) (Sorry...Karen is probably one of the BEST female vocalists of the 20th century and VERY underrated)
White Christmas (Drifters) (I LOVE this version from Home Alone...love the movie too!)

I'm sure there's more for both lists...

Smiley/OCD

A few more GREAT Christmas songs...
Christmas Wrapping (Waitresses)
It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year (A. Williams)
AND ANOTHER song I'm absolutely OVER with..
The Chipmonk Song.(Chipmonks)...
I'll add as the days go on...

Smiley/OCD

4 more great songs to add...
Christmas Canon (Trans Siberian Orchestra)
Have a Holly Jolly Christmas (B. Ives)
Feliz Navidad (J Feliciano)
You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch (by our Disney buddy, Thurl Ravenscroft)

Sans Souci

I might be alone on this but Mariah Carey all I want for Christmas is terrible. And the peanuts theme song isn't a Christmas song so stop playing it.

It's like nails on a chalkboard. Christmas songs shouldn't have screeching in them. I think the Peanuts song ("Linus and Lucy") is from the Christmas Special and that's why it's a Christmas song?

The past two Christmases, I have been hearing two different versions of "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen on Christmas stations and I am not sure why.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom