It's real now! Any MVMCP advice?

mishel635

Well, MVMCP tickets are now purchased!!!! Even though we have had this trip in the works for a few months now, ordering those tickets made it seem real and now I can't stop smiling!!!!

So now that we've got this ball rolling, does anyone have any advice for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, or just being at the World for the holidays in general? We are going to be there 12/1 - 12/8. Pretty sure we are staying at the Boardwalk. We are going to do one full Magic Kingdom day and then the MVMCP evening another day. Also doing DHS one day for Osborne lights and Epcot one day for the Candlelight processional and one full day for a resort decorations tour.

Any advice for us? This is my first time going at the holidays and I feel like I have been waiting for this trip my whole life!!!! (I'm a little excited, if you couldn't tell... :) ). Thanks!!!

mishel635

Original Poster
This is one thing we weren't sure of. We were just at DAK last February. My two kids and I loved it but my nieces and nephew who are going as well aren't big fans of DAK. Do they do anything special for the holidays there?
Also, I should have clarified, we are seeing resort decorations and doing a sit down lunch or dinner at one of the resorts- not sure which yet. If time allows, we will head to Downtown Disney that night. Does that seem reasonable?
Thanks for the advice!

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

So excluding your travel days you'll have six full days (2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th).

1. MK
2. DHS
3. Epcot
4. MK nighttime only?
5. Resort tour
6. ?

I feel like the resort tour is a waste of a day if that's the only thing you do that day. The resorts to see are primarily the boardwalk resorts (all walkable for you) and the monorail resorts. I'd suggest doing the monorail resorts as a "break" on your MK day rather than giving them their own day. I don't know that DAK has much to offer in terms of specific holiday things, but I'd still do DAK just for DAK's sake.

Upvote 0

lunchbox1175

You're going to take an entire day to see resort decorations and skip DAK entirely?

Advice for you: Don't do that.
haha...i actually disagree here, the decorations at the resort are really cool and this may be the only trip you take during the holiday season, so i say see them when you can.....AK will still be there next time you visit.

Upvote 0

mishel635

Original Poster
I should have also mentioned that I not only have a Disney obsession, but also a Christmas obsession and will definitely need time to explore the resorts!! :happy:

Thanks for sharing your opinions! This is exactly what I need to try and figure it all out and plan this trip right!!!

Upvote 0

Disney4family

We enjoyed going on the rides during the MVMCP. I know there were many wonderful shows going on, but it was so crowded that it was impossible to see them all. We did see the parade and fireworks, but just let the kids have fun on the empty rides and meeting characters all over the place where you would never expect to see them.
My advice would be just like for any other WDW trip - relax and enjoy what you can do and can see. You'll have a much more magical time than worrying about trying to do and see everything. There is no right or wrong when you're living with pixie dust.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

Disney & Christmas are my two obsessions too - you'll love visiting at this time of year! For the resorts, we loved Wilderness Lodge (we stayed there). The decorations were beautiful! Same for Grand Floridian & Contemporary.

If you're making a whole day out of visiting resorts, you should make ADR's for lunch or dinner or both. It's a good chance to try some new restaurants outside of the parks. Some of the resort restaurants are the best!

Upvote 0

mishel635

Original Poster
Disney & Christmas are my two obsessions too - you'll love visiting at this time of year! For the resorts, we loved Wilderness Lodge (we stayed there). The decorations were beautiful! Same for Grand Floridian & Contemporary.

If you're making a whole day out of visiting resorts, you should make ADR's for lunch or dinner or both. It's a good chance to try some new restaurants outside of the parks. Some of the resort restaurants are the best!

That's what I was thinking too! We love table service ADRs and usually do at least one if not two per day. What are some of your favorites?

I can't wait to see the Wilderness Lodge all decorated for Christmas! I was hoping to maybe stay there but the Boardwalk is much less expensive and we normally stay at the Beach Club so I wanted to stay at an Epcot resort. I love the convenience of it! Although I've never stayed at a monorail resort. Maybe I would like that better!

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

That's what I was thinking too! We love table service ADRs and usually do at least one if not two per day. What are some of your favorites?

I can't wait to see the Wilderness Lodge all decorated for Christmas! I was hoping to maybe stay there but the Boardwalk is much less expensive and we normally stay at the Beach Club so I wanted to stay at an Epcot resort. I love the convenience of it! Although I've never stayed at a monorail resort. Maybe I would like that better!

Thanks again!

I don't blame you, Boardwalk is my favorite! That particular trip, when discounts came out, Boardwalk was booked before I called. So we decided on Wilderness Lodge instead. BW is still my favorite, but WL was also beautiful. I love being at the Epcot resorts though.

My favorite resort restaurants are 'Ohana & Kona Cafe at Polynesian, Chef Mickey's & California Grill at the Contemporary, and Whispering Canyon at WL was fun too. The afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian was one of my favorite experiences too, if you're into that sort of thing. It was enough food for lunch for me! You'll get tons of opinions on restaurants, everyone has their favorites. :)

Upvote 0

epcotisbest

I should have also mentioned that I not only have a Disney obsession, but also a Christmas obsession and will definitely need time to explore the resorts!! :happy:

Thanks for sharing your opinions! This is exactly what I need to try and figure it all out and plan this trip right!!!
Don't let anyone talk you out of seeing the resorts decorated for Christmas. We have taken several days to explore the resorts, just taking it all in. Evenings are especially lovely to see resort decorations, but we do take at least one full day or more. Another thing we like to do is dessert hop. Go to several different resort restaurants and just get dessert, a good way to see and try different places. We have also done this with appetizers.

Upvote 0

Gaston's gal

We have gone and toured the decorations at the resorts and loved it. It is really interesting how each resort decorates for their particular theme. I still go back and look at the pics I took. You will enjoy those decorations and your trip, I'm sure!

Upvote 0
we are seeing resort decorations and doing a sit down lunch or dinner at one of the resorts- not sure which yet.
4o.jpg

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

I was hoping to maybe stay there but the Boardwalk is much less expensive...
Are you sure about that? I've never heard of the Boardwalk being cheaper than the Wilderness Lodge. The pricing order of deluxe resorts is almost always monorail resorts, boardwalk resorts, OKW/Saratoga, then WL/AKL standard view the cheapest.

Upvote 0

mishel635

Original Poster
Don't let anyone talk you out of seeing the resorts decorated for Christmas. We have taken several days to explore the resorts, just taking it all in. Evenings are especially lovely to see resort decorations, but we do take at least one full day or more. Another thing we like to do is dessert hop. Go to several different resort restaurants and just get dessert, a good way to see and try different places. We have also done this with appetizers.

I think we will definitely do a full day to see the resorts. I love the idea of an appetizer/dessert tour. Might have to do that instead of sit downs? So many decisions!!!!! :)
Good thing I love planning our Disney trips almost as much as going on them!!!

Upvote 0

mishel635

Original Poster
If it were between AK and travelling to all of the resorts to see the decor, I'd probably pick the resort decor. GF, AKL, and WL are my faves at the holidays, but I also really like the carousel over at BC.

We stayed at the Beach Club last February. I love the Beach Club. How did I not know they have a carousel there at Christmastime??? Is it a gingerbread one? I have so much to learn!!! :)

Upvote 0

mishel635

Original Poster
Are you sure about that? I've never heard of the Boardwalk being cheaper than the Wilderness Lodge. The pricing order of deluxe resorts is almost always monorail resorts, boardwalk resorts, OKW/Saratoga, then WL/AKL standard view the cheapest.

I'm bringing my two kids and going with my best friend and her kids and they are in the DVC so I am renting points through David's. Through them, Boardwalk Villas is about $50 less per night for the week.

Upvote 0

DisneyRoy

If your kids can last, I would recommend riding rides early in the party and then seeing the fireworks and second parade. By the time the second parade was over, the lines for some of the meet and greets were much shorter and the park emptied out. We walked right up to Jack about 11 PM.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom