It's real now! Any MVMCP advice?

mishel635

Well, MVMCP tickets are now purchased!!!! Even though we have had this trip in the works for a few months now, ordering those tickets made it seem real and now I can't stop smiling!!!!

So now that we've got this ball rolling, does anyone have any advice for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, or just being at the World for the holidays in general? We are going to be there 12/1 - 12/8. Pretty sure we are staying at the Boardwalk. We are going to do one full Magic Kingdom day and then the MVMCP evening another day. Also doing DHS one day for Osborne lights and Epcot one day for the Candlelight processional and one full day for a resort decorations tour.

Any advice for us? This is my first time going at the holidays and I feel like I have been waiting for this trip my whole life!!!! (I'm a little excited, if you couldn't tell... :) ). Thanks!!!

gobstoper27

Well, MVMCP tickets are now purchased!!!! Even though we have had this trip in the works for a few months now, ordering those tickets made it seem real and now I can't stop smiling!!!!

So now that we've got this ball rolling, does anyone have any advice for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, or just being at the World for the holidays in general? We are going to be there 12/1 - 12/8. Pretty sure we are staying at the Boardwalk. We are going to do one full Magic Kingdom day and then the MVMCP evening another day. Also doing DHS one day for Osborne lights and Epcot one day for the Candlelight processional and one full day for a resort decorations tour.

Any advice for us? This is my first time going at the holidays and I feel like I have been waiting for this trip my whole life!!!! (I'm a little excited, if you couldn't tell... :) ). Thanks!!!

So exciting!! Me and my hubby went around the holidays for the first time last November. he is the Christmas freak, I prefer Halloween! the day of the party, they allow Xmas party attendees to enter park around four, not sure if you guys are exploring parks before the party, if not get there around 3:30 to get wristbands.

Have a schedule. They have two parades, decide if you plan to go to earlier one or later one. If you go to the later one that'll give you time to take pictures with characters,.etc

Try and catch the parade on main street. It was awesome. We had someone save us seats curbside, while we ate and rode a few rides. It was well worth it.

Eat dinner/ get snacks before the party, as not to waste time during festivities. That's why it's best to arrive as early as you can.

Meet Jack Skellington if you can!! I found his picture area by mistake, but was so excited I did. we ending up staying in line forever, but it was so fun having him speak in character and perform. Highlight of my night.

Don't let anyone sway your plans. It's your vacation and you're paying for it. Enjoy this time with the family.!!!

Upvote 0

mishel635

Original Poster
So exciting!! Me and my hubby went around the holidays for the first time last November. he is the Christmas freak, I prefer Halloween! the day of the party, they allow Xmas party attendees to enter park around four, not sure if you guys are exploring parks before the party, if not get there around 3:30 to get wristbands.

Have a schedule. They have two parades, decide if you plan to go to earlier one or later one. If you go to the later one that'll give you time to take pictures with characters,.etc

Try and catch the parade on main street. It was awesome. We had someone save us seats curbside, while we ate and rode a few rides. It was well worth it.

Eat dinner/ get snacks before the party, as not to waste time during festivities. That's why it's best to arrive as early as you can.

Meet Jack Skellington if you can!! I found his picture area by mistake, but was so excited I did. we ending up staying in line forever, but it was so fun having him speak in character and perform. Highlight of my night.

Don't let anyone sway your plans. It's your vacation and you're paying for it. Enjoy this time with the family.!!!

Thanks for the advice. Good to know about getting there at 3:30.
And I was already excited about meeting Jack and Sally, but I didn't realize they talk! We love The Nightmare Before Christmas! Glad you had such a great experience!

Upvote 0

DisneyRoy

Thanks for the advice. Good to know about getting there at 3:30.
And I was already excited about meeting Jack and Sally, but I didn't realize they talk! We love The Nightmare Before Christmas! Glad you had such a great experience!

Sally's not there at Christmas. Only the Halloween parties. But when Jack talks, it's hilarious. He talks about Zero (the dog) and Sally's cooking among other things. The more you mention about the movie, the better the experience.

Upvote 0

mishel635

Original Poster
Sally's not there at Christmas. Only the Halloween parties. But when Jack talks, it's hilarious. He talks about Zero (the dog) and Sally's cooking among other things. The more you mention about the movie, the better the experience.

Well, I guess I'm going to have to go to Disney at Halloween now... I mean we have to meet Sally right?!?! ;)

Upvote 0

Mukta

You have a good list of the things you want to see it. This is how my Dec trips usually go.

Go to MK, take the monorail around and see each resort. Eat lunch at one of them. Be back in MK to see castle lighting at 6:15.

Go to Epcot, see the resorts in that area, holidays around the world storytellers and a candlelight procession meal package.

AK - see ALK. It has a gorgeous tree. Go to DHS at night, see Osborne lights.

For MVMCP, I try to focus on the unique stuff rather than rides. See the show, parade, fireworks etc. The rides are always there.

I don't think you need a whole day to see resort decorations. It take maybe 15 minutes to see one of the hotels and take some pics.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

We stayed at the Beach Club last February. I love the Beach Club. How did I not know they have a carousel there at Christmastime??? Is it a gingerbread one? I have so much to learn!!! :)

This is the carousel during construction (2012)...

8224961525_4d06273f1a_o.jpg

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
That's what I was thinking too! We love table service ADRs and usually do at least one if not two per day. What are some of your favorites?

I can't wait to see the Wilderness Lodge all decorated for Christmas! I was hoping to maybe stay there but the Boardwalk is much less expensive and we normally stay at the Beach Club so I wanted to stay at an Epcot resort. I love the convenience of it! Although I've never stayed at a monorail resort. Maybe I would like that better!

Thanks again!

The WL lobby at Christmas is lovely. But nothing beats the Gingerbread House in the lobby at the GF. Just know that the GF is very popular to visit during Christmas, so expected a crowded lobby with lots of folks taking pictures in front of the Christmas tree. Wasn't the same at the WL, though.

And I agree with others about DAK - while the park may not be as festively decorated as the MK or have the Osborne Lights, it is still a great and underappreciated park. Hopefully, the Christmas tree will be up again this year - it is uniquely decorated.

Upvote 0

thomas998

I should have also mentioned that I not only have a Disney obsession, but also a Christmas obsession and will definitely need time to explore the resorts!! :happy:

Thanks for sharing your opinions! This is exactly what I need to try and figure it all out and plan this trip right!!!

I agree with your decision to skip DAK... in the past 10 years of regularly going to Disney at least once or twice a year I think we have gone to DAK maybe 3 times and only the first time did we even bother to stay the whole day... It really isn't worth it unless you come from some place that has no decent zoos.

No I'm not sure I would waste time going to all the resorts at Christmas time, the ones with the best decorations are the deluxe resorts. I would definitely hit the Grand Floridian, they usually have a very cool gingerbread house and cool Christmas tree... Poly isn't that great... Contemporary is decent... But because they are all monorail resorts you can hit them pretty quickly and not spend time using buses which aren't the fun way to travel at WDW.

Speaking of sit down dining with lots of kids, you have two really good choices depending on what the kids want to see... Crystal Palace if they are really young and like pooh... 1900 Park Fare if they are older and like Cinderella... Don't do the Castle if you enjoy food, because it is all for atmosphere and the food is the worst in all of WDW.

Oh and one last bit, don't get yourself too psyched up fro the Osborne lights... we did that for our first trip at Xmas time and ended up a bit disappointed... To be honest they are just way too many lights... it gave me more of an impression of being trapped in a sign on the Vegas strip than it did of Christmas... it really is just over kill on the lights.

The other expectation to temper is the MK parade with snow on mainstreet... the snow can be pretty lame as it is really just fine bubble of some sort... if you live anywhere that has real snow then do yourself a favor skip trying to watch the parade on mainstreet (which is the only place they do the snow) and get a better view in Frontier land.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I agree with your decision to skip DAK... in the past 10 years of regularly going to Disney at least once or twice a year I think we have gone to DAK maybe 3 times and only the first time did we even bother to stay the whole day... It really isn't worth it unless you come from some place that has no decent zoos.

No I'm not sure I would waste time going to all the resorts at Christmas time, the ones with the best decorations are the deluxe resorts. I would definitely hit the Grand Floridian, they usually have a very cool gingerbread house and cool Christmas tree... Poly isn't that great... Contemporary is decent... But because they are all monorail resorts you can hit them pretty quickly and not spend time using buses which aren't the fun way to travel at WDW.

Speaking of sit down dining with lots of kids, you have two really good choices depending on what the kids want to see... Crystal Palace if they are really young and like pooh... 1900 Park Fare if they are older and like Cinderella... Don't do the Castle if you enjoy food, because it is all for atmosphere and the food is the worst in all of WDW.

Oh and one last bit, don't get yourself too psyched up fro the Osborne lights... we did that for our first trip at Xmas time and ended up a bit disappointed... To be honest they are just way too many lights... it gave me more of an impression of being trapped in a sign on the Vegas strip than it did of Christmas... it really is just over kill on the lights.

The other expectation to temper is the MK parade with snow on mainstreet... the snow can be pretty lame as it is really just fine bubble of some sort... if you live anywhere that has real snow then do yourself a favor skip trying to watch the parade on mainstreet (which is the only place they do the snow) and get a better view in Frontier land.

That would be dinner at 1900 Park Fare if they want to see Cinderella. Otherwise it's Pooh, Tigger, Mad Hatter, Alice & Mary Poppins at breakfast.

I wasn't impressed with the lobby decorations at the Contemporary. I would stick with Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge, IMHO.

So the "snow" on Main Street during MVMCP is bubbles? I thought it was shaved ice. Figures.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom