It's Official! The 'Meet' is on!

BwanaBob

It's Official Everybody!

The 2004 WDWMagic meet is a GO for the weekend of July 24-25th!

I have graciously taken over coordination of the event on behalf of Kingdom Konsultant, and with her help, should be able to put together a memorable gathering!

Saturday and Sunday, July 24th-25th.

I have contacted MainStreetUSA and he is actively putting together some designs for the official '2004' meet shirt. Those designs should be available soon and you will be able to vote on which design will be chosen. Watch for the thread and be sure to put in your 2-cents! I will have all the links in my signature line should you not see them when they appear.

This time around, we have thought about handing out minor 'gag' gifts/certificates! I will post another 'poll' like thread to vote on who gets the honors on subjects like: 'most opinionated', 'biggest abuse of smilies', 'Post-Hog of the year', and things like that! Any other ideas are greatly welcomed! Please PM me with your thoughts and I will add them, as long as they are respectful of others. We don't want to offend anyone on things like 'worst speller' :rolleyes: .

I will need to know as close as possible how many are planning to attend! This is very important so as we can make arrangements as necessary for the size of the group. If you will be staying on property, the resort and length of stay will help in planning the event as well. A phone # or e-mail address is good too, in case anything happens and we need to get info out during your stay that weekend. You can post the info , or PM me and I will confirm with you that I received it.

The nature of the meet will probably follow what we did last year. In order to do a dessert party, we will need to raise funds so that arrangements can be made. This cost, as well as anything else that is suggested, will need to be incurred by those attending, but will be small in nature if a lot of people are going to be there. That info will be posted as well, and we will confirm pricing as soon as we get a good head-count a little closer to the weekend.

That being said, PLEASE tell your friends, buddies, fellow CM's, etc., that the meet IS ON! This is not too short of notice, but will be a problem if the message isn't spread out to everyone that doesn't read the boards on a daily basis!

Myself and KevinPage are your 'coordinators' this time, so you can send any questions our way and we will be happy to help!

SEE YOU AT THE MEET!

EDITED 6/27:
This is going to be a two-day affair! KevinPage is currently planning Saturday's agenda, while I will be putting together Sunday's plans including the dessert party. The get-together during the day (both days) is free...however, if you wish to join us for the dessert party/Illuminations viewing party at Epcot, you will need to PM myself or KevinPage asap so we can send you the necessary info. As of Friday, 6/25, the head count was up to a confirmed 35 people...and growing! Watch the boards after July 12th for the agenda on who, what, where, and when. It's not too late to sign up for the dessert party either! If all continues, this will be one of the largest meets for WDWMagic yet!

EDITED 7/14:
O.K. Here it is. The long awaited, proof-read, collaberation between Kevin and myself on TENTATIVE plans for the weekend of the Meet. Notice that things are subject to change if weather is not working with us...but we will use alternate communication for those of you who have provided it. We have tried to plan this around parades, congested areas, and general 'bad-times-to-do-things' at the two parks. This is just a general plan, and we can deviate from it if time provides. Anyone can come and go as they wish (many of you said that's all you could do, was swing by. Thats alright!)

----------------------------------------------------
WDWMagic Kingdom Meet July 24th

3pm

Gather at the entrance to the Tommorowland Transit Authority. You won't miss me as I'll have a WDWMagic sign and will be with my wife Jennifer and 6 month old daughter Ava.

We can exchange pleasantries and I will hand out name tag stickers for those who didn't make their own. Our first attraction will be the TTA. Then we will head over to the Carousel of Progress and then over to The Timekeeper. Afterwards we can grab a bite to eat at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe and see if Sonny Eclipse will belt out a few tunes.

We will also gather for a group photo, time and spot TBD depending on crowd flow. I have excluded Buzz & Space Mountain as those would tend to have long lines at this time of day. If they do not have a long wait, we can add them in. All the other attractions we should be able to get on with minimal to no wait. You never know how long Timekeeper or CoP will be around, so what better way to see it together as a group.

If you plan to attend, please send me a Private Message or send me an email at: kevin.page@celebration.fl.us so I can gauge how many people we will have.
PLEASE BE PROMPT - 3pm. I'm a New Yorker and so is Tigsmom, so we have no patience to wait. If you are having trouble getting there or need the group to wait a few minutes (less than 10 minutes) you can reach me on my cell phone 321-443-6692. If we don't see you there or get a phone call, we won't know to wait for you.

Hope to see as many of you there as possible :)

-KevinPage
-------------------------------------------------------

Agenda: Sunday July 25th @ Epcot:

10-10:30am Group meets @ Electric Umbrella (earlier if you choose to eat breakfast)

We will attempt to do something different today… use FastPasses as a group. Over to Test Track to obtain our FP’s. Given ‘usual’ timeframes, we will have 60-90 minutes before we can return and use. We’ll pick a return time, in case anyone wants to venture off, then head over to Spaceship Earth…before they close it down! (just kidding!)
SSE lasts between 15-20 min. There will be plenty of ‘down time’ incorporated for potty breaks and the such.
Meet back at TT at our agreed time (based off the FP’s) and say ‘Hi’ to a few CM’s we know (if they’re working!) while we ride.
If all goes well, the next scheduled item won’t be until lunchtime…Say…

12:30-1pm The Land Everyone meets to eat lunch at the Food Fair.

We can all get FP’s again BEFORE we sit down and eat, for Living with the Land. When we’re done eating…we can shuffle over and get on the boat ride for a nap.

Then we break for the afternoon. BUT before you leave for the afternoon, be sure to get your armbands from me if you are going to the Dessert party! No definitive plans until late afternoon, so everyone can break-off or stay together…whatever ya like.

6:30-7pm American Adventure

We catch the show at the top of the hour…

8pm Parks and Events will have the Dessert Party area ready for us to meet. Make sure you have your armband with you, or no admittance!

We’ll do another group photo during the day, as well as at the Dessert Party.
Probably have to have a contest on who can drink the most Beverly w/out vomiting…you know…FUN stuff!
-BwanaBob

BwanaBob

Original Poster
Dessert Party Information!

Ok everyone.
Here's where we're at:

There is a 'soft-hold' for a WDWMagic Dessert Party set up at Epcot for a private viewing of Illuminations! A nice selection of goodies and beverages (no alcohol) and tables and seating ...all just for us!

This is all pending YOUR response to the following:
The cost for each attending person will be $31.00. This is an up-front payment, and includes taxes and gratuity (mandatory). I have been instructed to pay up-front NOW...therefore, I ask for your opinion and decision on whether or not this is something we can all agree on.

I must have an answer for WDW by Monday AM (6/21)

If majority agrees...I will post instructions for pre-pay via Pam/Kingdom Konsultant and myself.

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

Also, don't forget about your meet shirt! The meet is fast approaching, so if you want a shirt by that date you'll need to hurry! If you just want a shirt but aren't going to the meet, then your only hurry will be making sure to get your size. :) Either way, move it!

Upvote 0

BwanaBob

Original Poster
To Help You Make Your Decesion!!

The following was sent to me by WDW Group Sales and Special Events.
Maybe this might persuade your decision? :) :slurp:
Epcot Events Catering
Dessert Party Menus

For the Child in You
Florida Lemon Bars, Double Chocolate Brownies
White Chocolate Chip with Macadamia Nut Cookies and Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Chewy Rice Crispy Treats and Chocolate Marshmallow Squares
Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, Hot Tea and Lemonade

Upvote 0

BwanaBob

Original Poster
Still awaiting replies!!!

HELP everyone!
I am still awaiting responses from some of you as to if you will be attending the dessert party at Epcot on that Sunday (the 'meat' of the Meet! :) )
I need to know in order to sign-off on the contract w/in 24 hours!!

Please members! If you know of individuals who have expressed intrest, but have not yet got a hold of me or KevinPage yet...NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME!

Some of you have asked some questions...here are some answers!:

1) Children under 3 are free (as usual). They will still charge the same price, however, for older children because, as the 'nice lady' put it, they sometimes eat more treats than the adults! (makes sense)

2) The actual location will be 'The French Island Arm' - located between GB and France pavillions, by the Int. Gateway entrance.

3) All this is pending a minimum headcount agreement from you! If we don't get the min. amount of folks interested, the dessert party will not happen.

I hate to rush some of you, but understand I must lock this in now, or it just doesn't happen. Thanks!

-Mike

Upvote 0

BwanaBob

Original Poster
As of 11:35 pm, Monday, June 21:

Dessert Party commitments: 23! (min is 20) This number includes family of members.

W/out the dessert party (and this will probably be the case before the party...I'm sure we will all get together before the party...More to follow!...): 35 and counting

Problem is, this is a binding contract, 9 1/2 pages, with cancellation fees and everything. BIG fees! I'm not going to take a chance if there is not enough solid commitment prior. ( You know the routine; $$ talks...etc.)

Upvote 0

BwanaBob

Original Poster
'The List'

I am sending out a batch of PM's regarding fees for the party.
If you have responded to either myself or KevinPage, you should be getting a PM on how to go about paying for your attendance.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Sounds Great

Well, unfortunately I won't be able to make it in July, but it sounds like a good representation will be around in October based on other threads, so I'll have to make do.

Upvote 0

BwanaBob

Original Poster
SOME OF YOU REALLY NEED TO CHECK YOUR PM's!

I'm starting to get worried!

(Upper right hand corner!...Looks like this:
Welcome, ___________.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:08
Private Messages: 0 Unread, Total 63.)

Of course, you probably don't have 63... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Irrawaddy Erik

WELL HEY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to let you know that I will be at the meet this year. I will prob have to work durring the day but I will be there in the afternoons. If I do work everyone is more than wellcome to come ride my safari. :lookaroun

Sorry I have been gone for so long I am doing fine. I just don't have much time to get online anymore.

Erik

Upvote 0

disneybuff100

Account Suspended
BwanaBob said:
It's Official Everybody!

The 2004 WDWMagic meet is a GO for the weekend of July 24-25th!

I have graciously taken over coordination of the event on behalf of Kingdom Konsultant, and with her help, should be able to put together a memorable gathering!

We are tentatively looking at a Sunday, the 25th, afternoon gathering at the Plaza Pavillion in the MK. (Sunday because, historically, Sunday's are not as busy as Saturday's)

I have contacted MainStreetUSA and he is actively putting together some designs for the official '2004' meet shirt. Those designs should be available soon and you will be able to vote on which design will be chosen. Watch for the thread and be sure to put in your 2-cents! I will have all the links in my signature line should you not see them when they appear.

This time around, we have thought about handing out minor 'gag' gifts/certificates! I will post another 'poll' like thread to vote on who gets the honors on subjects like: 'most opinionated', 'biggest abuse of smilies', 'Post-Hog of the year', and things like that! Any other ideas are greatly welcomed! Please PM me with your thoughts and I will add them, as long as they are respectful of others. We don't want to offend anyone on things like 'worst speller' :rolleyes: .

I will need to know as close as possible how many are planning to attend! This is very important so as we can make arrangements as necessary for the size of the group. If you will be staying on property, the resort and length of stay will help in planning the event as well. A phone # or e-mail address is good too, in case anything happens and we need to get info out during your stay that weekend. You can post the info , or PM me and I will confirm with you that I received it.

The nature of the meet will probably follow what we did last year. In order to do a dessert party, we will need to raise funds so that arrangements can be made. This cost, as well as anything else that is suggested, will need to be incurred by those attending, but will be small in nature if a lot of people are going to be there. That info will be posted as well, and we will confirm pricing as soon as we get a good head-count a little closer to the weekend.

That being said, PLEASE tell your friends, buddies, fellow CM's, etc., that the meet IS ON! This is not too short of notice, but will be a problem if the message isn't spread out to everyone that doesn't read the boards on a daily basis!

Myself, Kingdom Konsultant, and KevinPage are your 'coordinators' this time, so you can send any questions our way and we will be happy to help!

SEE YOU AT THE MEET!

may i ask, but what is this for because i will be at disney on the 25th. plz tell me

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom