It's Official- Mcdonald's not renewing their contract

DME

This article made me happy and sad at the same time.

1. Happy because I thought Disney was completely washing their hands of all McD things.

2. Sad because it's just with the movie promotions.

I totally don't think that McDonald's should have any of their products in WDW. McDonald's brings in too much of the outside world....in my opinion.
I like believing that my veggie burger and Disney fries are actually from Cosmic Ray's (Somewhere in the Galaxy)

tink rules

abe_bb said:
Forget the kids... what about the poor ducks!!! The ducks near the fry stands are always larger then the ones elsewhere :)

Well, the ducks are going to be eaten by the cranes.....

& if this goes into effect (sorry I will have to go reread...) after the next blockbuster Pixar movie... McD's is going to be sorry....

I hope they don't close the locations like by All Stars and DTD... I like to be able to get a quick breakfast and it was faster than going to the food court....

altec

"Walt Disney and McDonald's are ending their 10-year Happy Meal deal, but denied the move was due to any Disney concerns about being linked to obesity.
In separate statements, both of the US giants insisted that the separation was ending amicably for business reasons.

McDonald's rejected a Los Angeles Times report that Disney wished to distance itself from so-called junk food.

The burger giant said the story was "based on Hollywood hearsay" and "a misrepresentation of the truth".

'Positive relationship'

Disney and McDonald's Happy Meal marketing alliance will end after this summer's movies Cars and Pirates of the Caribbean.

"To set the record straight, we have had a very positive relationship with McDonald's for the last 10 years," said Disney in a statement.

According to market estimates, Disney gained $100m (£54m) a year in royalties from McDonald's under the deal.

Analyst Laura Martin of Soleil Media Metrics said health concerns could be part of the thinking for the decision, but that "a bigger determinant to ending a deal is economics".

She suggested that Disney may now be seeking other food partners, and that McDonald's is already tied up with Disney's rival DreamWorks Animation after signing a two year deal last summer.

Obesity is now a growing political issue in the US, home to the highest number of obese people in the world. " FROM BBC NEWS

i different take on the story from the LA news, got to love the old bbc.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
JimboJones123 said:
First of all -- weren't they just about to open another fry station somewhere?

Second of all -- THANK GOODNESS!!!!!!!

Park fries are just fine??? the whole thing always baffled me. Guess it's like the Goofy Candy -- do it all in house. Best news this year!
i think this is the first time we have agreed on something. :lol:

interesting news. i personally cant stand Mcd's service and that clown freaks me out. :D

dizpins14

To me this seems to be a poor move for both sides. For every The Wild Happy Mean promotion there is a Cars or Incredibles. If a family goes to McDonalds the kids are going to want a Happy Meal no matter what toy is in the meal. Once the kid has a toy for some movie or TV show they are going to want to see it. I think Disney had a lot to gain from the McDonalds Happy Meal promotions. McDonalds was losing out with subpar movies from Disney. Seems like McDonalds is trying to introduce heathier options and Disney is trying to reinvent their animation; a two year extension would have made more sense.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
dizpins14 said:
To me this seems to be a poor move for both sides. For every The Wild Happy Mean promotion there is a Cars or Incredibles. If a family goes to McDonalds the kids are going to want a Happy Meal no matter what toy is in the meal. Once the kid has a toy for some movie or TV show they are going to want to see it. I think Disney had a lot to gain from the McDonalds Happy Meal promotions. McDonalds was losing out with subpar movies from Disney. Seems like McDonalds is trying to introduce heathier options and Disney is trying to reinvent their animation; a two year extension would have made more sense.
with that said though.... disney doesnt need McD's and McD's doesnt need Disney. when both companies are world wide..... they dont need eachother.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom