It's now Sir Bob Iger

Tom P.

Congratulations to both Bob Iger and John Williams.
Amen. My favorite composers of all time are Jerry Goldsmith and John Williams. Sadly, Jerry Goldsmith has already left us. I hope that John Williams stays in good health and has a number of years left. There will never be anyone else like those two.

Lilofan

Amen. My favorite composers of all time are Jerry Goldsmith and John Williams. Sadly, Jerry Goldsmith has already left us. I hope that John Williams stays in good health and has a number of years left. There will never be anyone else like those two.
John Williams age 92 has made so many accomplishments in his craft.

lazyboy97o

At the risk of being pedantic, I'd like to point out that an American cannot actually receive a knighthood. What Iger received was an honorary knighthood. And that does not entail the right to be called "Sir", so "Sir Bob Iger" is incorrect.
Similarly though a foreign state has no say over how someone chooses to title themselves or others.

JohnD

I wonder if the Queen knew Iger’s team dumped the Marry Poppins attraction in EPCOT’s Great Britain?
I wonder if Prince William knows that Disney, helmed by Iger, rethemed Splash Mountain. I'm sure he remembers his trip to WDW with his mother and Harry. Cameras everywhere captured their plunge down it.
1717591987771.png

Last edited:

Lilofan

I wonder if Prince William knows that Disney, helmed by Iger, rethemed Splash Mountain. I'm sure he remembers his trip to WDW with his mother and Harry. Cameras everywhere captured their plunge down it.
We were there when Princess Diana and her sons visited WDW. They stayed at the Grand Floridian and the park was abuzz when they were there.

Kamikaze

I don't begrudge him the honour but what did he do for the Queen to bestow it on him?
If we're just ignoring the overall cultural impact of Disney in the UK over Iger's tenure, then we can directly point to the Disney movies filmed at Pinewood Studios, which is just outside of London. That includes every Star Wars film since Disney has taken over Lucasfilm. Andor also filmed elsewhere in England and at Pinewood. Disney currently is in the middle of a 10 year lease on the studio. Some articles estimate the economic impact of the productions at over $100m per year just for the Star Wars movies. Which is very in line with other production impact studies elsewhere, so probably accurate.

Here's a list of everything filmed there, not only Disney but you can see the Disney films there isn't a short list.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom