Trip Report "It's Not That Kind of Trip" Trip Report

Okay, so here's what it's not...

It's not a "Senior Week" Trip - well, it kind of is. For our daughter and three friends. But we are just going to be there at the same time, in a different resort, as a just in case safety valve (two of the kids are still under 18).

It's not an "Adults Only" Trip - well, it kind of is. Once we get to WDW, we will say farewell to the kids. But we are doing one dinner with them and driving down and back with them. Oh, and we are also meeting up and doing some touring and meals with some friends while down there and they have 10 year old.

It's not a "First Time Since COVID" Trip - well, it kind of is. We've actually been twice since they reopened, last July and November (and @MeffysMom also went in March) - but this is the first time since restrictions have started to be lifted and my first since vaccination.

It's not a "Try New Things" Trip - well, it kind of is. Obviously, there are no new attractions since our last visit - we had been hoping that Remy or the Guardians or possibly Tron and Clu might have showed up early... or maybe Space 220 (ha!). However we are doing some new dining experiences (different meals at familiar restaurants or new restaurants).

It's not a "Last Minute" Trip - well, it kind of is. Our daughter has been talking about and planning her Senior Week trip since Middle School. But, with COVID, and some wary friends, and changes in friend groups - this trip didn't really come together until a few months ago (which for a trip 6+ years in the making creates a kind of last minute feel) and since COVID restrictions are changing literally by the minute the plans are still changing.

It's not a "Crazy Planners" Trip - well, it kind of is. As some of you have read in my previous Trip Reports, we have a history of doing extensive planning. Not so this time. In fact, the only attraction on our plans is getting Rise passes. Otherwise we are playing our attractions by ear. But our meals are definitely planned and reserved and adjusted and re-planned and re-reserved. And, our daughter has been tracking wait times in a VERY detailed manner to make sure that she and her friends maximize their time.

And, as of this afternoon's announcement, it's not a "Fireworks are Back" Trip since our last day is June 26th... close, but no cigar.

Okay, so now you know what this trip isn't. So, what is it going to be? Yeah we really aren't sure either. But that isn't going to stop me from a trip report! @MeffysMom and I are both high school teachers and our last day for this school year is tomorrow so I'm hoping to bring you some Pre-Trip action and also some fun pictures from the past (especially for those who haven't traveled with us before) tomorrow and Thursday before we hit the road on Friday morning. See you soon!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
First off, thanks to everyone who is already following along! This has certainly been a challenging year for everyone, no matter what career they are involved in. And, certainly teaching has been interesting (especially teaching band and orchestra)... and our state and local school districts did not help much with changing policy and approach every few weeks all year long. If you happened to read our 'last minute' trip report from November, you know that the psychological issues that this pair of teachers and a high school senior faced were pretty rough. Hoping that it is all moving into the rear view mirror now and I will continue to pray that nothing like this ever happens again (and if I'm going to be blatantly selfish... at least don't let anything like this happen for the next 4-5 years, until I'm retired).

But enough of that - let's get on with the plans! I'm just going to give a very general overview of our days, because honestly we don't have a whole lot of detail in our plans.

Friday (tomorrow) - up at 4am and heading down I95 ASAP. Hoping for our first stop to be south of Richmond for possible driver changes (about 4 hours in). Driving straight on to Savannah, GA which should get us there about 3pm which means that the girls can do some exploring around town and us grown-ups can find a pub to watch England v. Scotland. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that we are rabid soccer fans around here and that I lived in Scotland during the 1982 World Cup? Well, now I have.

Saturday - once again, up very early to finish the drive to WDW - hoping to arrive by 11am. We are quite excited for our reservation for the dueling piano brunch at the Boathouse. And then dinner at Raglan Road with our friends from home and their 10 year old. Between those meals, not really sure what might be happening. Maybe just some shopping at Disney Springs. We might head over to Epcot (we have Park Passes for the grown-ups), or maybe over to our room at Saratoga Springs for a nap!

Sunday - the girls will be moving over to the Boardwalk and meeting up with the boys who have an early flight down and then they are all on their own. Meanwhile, we will be heading to Studios (hopefully with a Rise pass already secured). Full day in Studios until dinner at Morimoto Asia, which we have never done - we've only gotten things from the walk-up window.

Monday - sleeping in a bit and @MeffysMom will be completing a long run in the morning (she's training for a marathon) and then off to Epcot for the day.

Tuesday - Magic Kingdom in the morning and then over to Disney Springs in the afternoon for an early dinner at Cityworks Grill (which might happen to coincide with some soccer matches).

Wednesday - Animal Kingdom early morning and through the afternoon. For dinner, we will meet up with all four of the recent graduates to enjoy a fancy dinner at California Grill. Still crossing fingers that MK will have a random fireworks test a little bit after closing time... okay, we know the odds are not in our favor but we can still have a little hope!

Thursday - another relatively full day in Hollywood Studios (possibly sleeping in a bit or taking some time off in the afternoon). We've got an Oga's reservation for right at closing time with our friends from home and we 'plan' to be the last folks out of Oga's and therefore the last people out of Studios. We've done this before and it was pretty awesome getting night pictures of Batuu with absolutely no other people in them. Just a couple examples to whet your appetite!
IMG_8860.JPG
IMG_8883.JPG

Friday - we have to pack up our car first thing as we are moving from Saratoga Springs over to Old Key West for our last night (we NEED a night in OKW for the trip to feel legit). Possibly heading to Universal for the morning and then lunch at Art Smith's with our friends. In the afternoon we may head over to Epcot or we might just hang out at OKW. In the evening we are meeting up with our friends again for some drinks - possibly at Topolino's and then over to The Edison.

Saturday - sleep in a little bit before brunch at Olivia's (and packing the car to head home). Early afternoon return to Magic Kingdom or just chilling at OKW again. In the evening, we will head to Universal and meet the girls there before hitting the road back north. Although only to St. Augustine that evening.

Sunday - up I95 we go, hoping to be home before it gets too late!

There you have it! With us at Saratoga and the kids at Boardwalk and never having the same park reserved, odds are we won't really see them from Sunday morning (the girls are in our room for that first night) and Cali Grill. We are really looking forward to it!!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Okay! Let's get this party started for real now. Yesterday we drove from home (northern Maryland) to Savannah, Georgia. For those who have made that trek before, I'm sure you are disappointed that I don't have any pictures from the road, but seriously... who really wants to see that view - you can easily imagine anywhere from 2-5 lanes of traffic going each direction with some grass or possibly trees, but most likely construction equipment in the middle. The drive went very well... until about 20 miles from Savannah. No idea what the accident was and surely hope that everyone is okay, but I95 was entirely shut down in southern South Carolina for at least an hour or so and there was also an accident on the main detour road (Route 17 for you crazy map kids) so we got a nice tour of rural SC. But eventually we made it to Savannah.

We splurged a bit on our one night stay and got a room at the Mansion on Forsyth Park (it did help that we got a really good deal on hotels.com) and once we were checked into the room, the girls headed to River Street (Savannah waterfront shopping and dining area) to get dinner and we headed to the Bosendorfer lounge at the hotel where the live pianist was playing. For those who maybe haven't followed along before, I am a high school music teacher and have played piano and bass in quite a few groups over the years. In fact, if you want to scavenger hunt through all my old trip reports, you can likely find the one where I sat in on piano in the Rose and Crown and played Tiny Dancer while Carol sang - hoping that can be repeated again once all COVID precautions are unnecessary! Anyway, we sat and listened and had a drink. Which means it is time for the first 'here are our drinks' pictures of this trip report - always an essential part of a brifraz trip report.
IMG_2168.JPG

That's the house margarita and their unique apple version of a Moscow Mule. The view the other direction looked out toward Forsyth Park, but the window was a bit obscured. I'm not sure if the universe might be trying to send us a message...
IMG_2170.JPG

And, of course, here's the home team enjoying said drinks.
IMG_2174.JPG

When we had finished our drink and chatting with the staff as well as the pianist, we headed over to the park for a leisurely walk. If you've never been to Savannah, it really is a very pretty city with park squares every couple blocks and all beautiful. There is a lot of history in the town and the girls were heading off to enjoy one of the Ghost Tours later in the evening. We just enjoyed the park and then walking down a couple of the main streets before getting some dinner.
IMG_2179.JPG

While planning the trip, I had shopped for dinner options. The initial idea had been going to a Scottish pub, Molly McPherson's, for the end of the Scotland v. England game, but the extended drive had meant I listened to most of the game in the car and by the time we had gotten our drinks it was over. So, the other idea was a place called Jazz'd which features live music and a tapas menu. Even though we were arriving too early to hear the music, we did have a great little dinner and drinks.

IMG_2183.JPG

That's a Peach Bourbon Smash and a local lager there. For food, we had a melted cheese plate (amazing!), their sriracha brown sugar bourbon wings, and a spicy tomato dip. All were really good, but sadly are not going to be pictured here - we were too hungry to remember to get pictures! After fueling up, we walked down to the waterfront just to be out and about a bit and then walked back through some of downtown to our hotel. Being that we were in Savannah, it was essential that we walk through the Colonial Park Cemetery which dates to before the American Revolution.
IMG_2205.JPG

But, here's one that is more mood appropriate for a cemetery.
IMG_2207.JPG

We also walked by the cathedral and past some of the beautiful stately homes in downtown. Now back at the hotel (around 7pm) we decided to get cleaned up a bit and then head back down to the lounge to meet a friend for one more drink and a few more bites to eat. I think we all were pretty soundly asleep nice and early, which meant that this morning we were all awake nice and early also. And here is that early morning sunrise from the window of our hotel room.

IMG_2233.JPG

We were on the road by 6:30am which got us into Saratoga Springs at almost 11am on the dot. And that's where I will leave you for now. Our Saturday is pretty much just Disney Springs time, but who knows what might happen (hint... rubber duck is involved)!

slipperalwaysfits

The drive went very well... until about 20 miles from Savannah. No idea what the accident was and surely hope that everyone is okay, but I95 was entirely shut down in southern South Carolina for at least an hour or so and there was also an accident on the main detour road (Route 17 for you crazy map kids) so we got a nice tour of rural SC. But eventually we made it to Savannah.
Main, you had to detour from the detour! That's some creative driving and probably made the fun in Savannah even more special. Glad you made it safely!
In fact, if you want to scavenger hunt through all my old trip reports, you can likely find the one where I sat in on piano in the Rose and Crown and played Tiny Dancer while Carol sang - hoping that can be repeated again once all COVID precautions are unnecessary!
Maybe I'll have some time on summer break to find this trip report, but it sounds like a great memory!! Talk about Disney magic! :geek:

MickeyCB

We splurged a bit on our one night stay and got a room at the Mansion on Forsyth Park
So we're going to Savannah to visit the son I mentioned above who will be turning 21 at the beginning of July.
We're booked for a few nights for the Mansion on Forsyth. It will be our first time staying there.
Did you like it and would you recommend it? I'm super fussy about clean hotels. Thanks.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
So we're going to Savannah to visit the son I mentioned above who will be turning 21 at the beginning of July.
We're booked for a few nights for the Mansion on Forsyth. It will be our first time staying there.
Did you like it and would you recommend it? I'm super fussy about clean hotels. Thanks.

We liked the Mansion on Forsyth very much. Our room was very clean and very nice. Certainly a high class establishment and the lounge would be a great place for a nice high quality drink to celebrate a 21st birthday (and if you are there when the pianist is playing I'm sure he would take a request for the birthday boy).

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
It 9pm on Saturday evening and our crew (still at 4pm until tomorrow morning when the girls head to Boardwalk) is exhausted. Definitely turning in pretty early tonight. But lets start with our arrival at Saratoga today at about 11am.

Gotta start with the obligatory arrival at WDW picture!
IMG_2245.JPG

Not sure if I mentioned before, but technically we had this room starting yesterday. We booked it through RCI points (not DVC) and the available dates were Friday to Friday. Which means we do have to move to Old Key West for our last night (but since we absolutely love OKW, that's fine by us) and also that our room was certainly ready when we got here - which is nice. We are in the Grandstand section, and our room overlooks the pool and water play area in this section. We are also pretty convenient to the main building and the main pool as well as the path and bridge over to the West Side of Disney Springs. We had about 45 minutes until our reservation at the Boathouse, but were figuring on walking over after so much car time, so we only had about 20 minutes to get settled in and feeling normal again.

We headed out of the room and across the bridge toward the West Side. Got a nice picture of the full expanse of Disney Springs with the balloon up on the way over.
IMG_2255.JPG

There was a sign on the path about the West Side entrance not being open until 3pm but we had already walked a ways so we figured we would keep going anyway! The actual end of West Side (near Strawberry lot) entrance is never open currently, so we headed around near Watermelon lot, but that's the entrance that isn't open until 3pm. Which meant that we actually had to go into the Orange garage, up to the second floor, past the Splitsville entry area (also closed, but that's been closed for a while) and to the entry near Planet Hollywood. So, it's a bit more of a walk that we expected, but we still arrived at the Boathouse right on time.

If you have never been to Boathouse, we highly recommend it - possibly our favorite place on site to eat. The menu is pretty extensive and based on our experiences all high quality. A few months ago they started have a 'sing along brunch' with dueling pianists on Sundays. And just recently they have added Saturdays as well. So, we got to enjoy some fun singing along with our lunch. Once again, I'm afraid we didn't get food pictures, but the highlight (as always) and possibly the best deal on property was our daughter's favorite, the filet mignon sliders. My wife enjoyed their house burger, I had the mahi mahi sandwich, and we all share the 'dips duo' which has pimento cheese and salsa.

But, we did the obligatory drink picture. And that's where our little friend arrived.
IMG_2256.JPG

It's fun and my wife certainly enjoys it (it's a bit sweet and artificial flavor-y to me). After lunch, we did some quick shopping and also stopped by the Ticket center and renewed our Annual Passes and then walked back over to Saratoga Springs to relax a bit. The girls also went shopping and stopped at the PhotoPass studio to get some fun pictures and then headed back to the room. There was some napping and some pool time as well.

At about 5:15pm we got ourselves back to full functionality and headed back over to Disney Springs for dinner with our friends from home and their son meaning that for one meal we were briefly a party of 7. And we were at another of our favorite, Raglan Road. And much like our brunch, everything was excellent. Of course, things started off with a couple pints!
IMG_2262.JPG

From our team of four, we've got the Shepherd's Pie, Chicken Pie, Bangers and Mash, and Fish and Chips. We were all in full British-style meal mode tonight! With my Scottish heritage and youthful experiences there, our visit a few years ago with our daughter, and her friend's family being from UK as well I guess there's some logic to that!
IMG_2263.JPG
IMG_2264.JPG
IMG_2265.JPG
IMG_2266.JPG

And, one of the great perks of being in a one bedroom... we've got a lot of leftovers and a full kitchen to prepare them in. After dinner, the girls headed over to get some gelato as did our friends from home and we debated for a bit what our plan was going to be. We had Epcot park passes and considered heading that way, but it was already 8pm and we would have to bus to Boardwalk and then walk over so we vetoed that idea and instead just wandered through all of Disney Springs. Stopped off in a number of shops as well as the Photopass studio for some fun shots and then headed through Marketplace to walk back to Saratoga the other direction. It's definitely a much longer walk for where our room is, but it was nice and we weren't quite up to 6 miles of walking today so why not! There was also a little bit of rain coming in over Disney Springs so we made our way back over to the room and now.... time to get some sleep.
IMG_2267.JPG

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning from Saratoga Springs - where the weather is beautiful, the pool deck is getting pressure washed below, and the cell service and wifi are weak. Yup, tried for Rise of the Resistance passes this morning to no avail. We had been 8 for 8 in getting passes over the past 3 visits, but this morning after clicking to join right at 7:00:00 (time.gov, of course) we got the spinning wheel of death (or loading) for about 7 seconds which meant... no virtual queue spot for us. We will try again at 1pm when it appears that the window is generally much better - plus we will be at Studios where the signal is much better. As we get ready to head over to Studios, I figured I'd share a couple of those PhotoPass pictures from yesterday at Disney Springs. If you have never visited the photo studio there, they do have some fun with backgrounds and there usually isn't much of a line. So, here are a couple fun shots and I'll be back with updates from Studios later today or tonight.

45c30be6-410f-4e6e-8d9e-383df64878a0.jpg

7fa6480a-eebf-4285-8e51-a3381d6e055c.jpg

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Mid-Afternoon (okay, early evening) break time. As much as this was to be a slower paced, chill trip... we were up before 6am and more than ready to try for some Rise of the Resistance passes at 7am. After moving around the room and deck and checking cell signal, we found the deck to be our best shot (wifi is very poor in our room), but... alas, it was not to be. No Rise passes for us this morning. Not really a problem, though, as we have ridden it a number of times before and we have another shot later in the week. Feeling ready to go, we headed right to Hollywood Studios.

Actually, we parked at The Boardwalk so that we could sneak some goodies into our daughter's room this afternoon and then made the mile walk over to Studios - which also allowed for picking up a coffee cake at the bakery. We arrived at the park entrance at about 8:35am and they had already been letting people in for at least a little while (9am official opening). We headed right to Mickey and Minnie's.
IMG_2278.JPG

The wait was showing as 15-20 minutes, but it was only about 10 before we were in the pre-show room. Wait!? Really! Yes, if you haven't read it elsewhere, pre-shows are back. And for us, this was the first time seeing the MMRR pre-show. It definitely adds to the ride experience!
IMG_2280.JPG

Next up, we headed down Hollywood Blvd for a ride on the Tower of Terror. This was also showing a 15 minute wait, but it was maybe 5 minutes before we were in the pre-show room. They were filling the room back to full 'sardine' capacity, which I can't say I really enjoyed, but... oh well. Got a great drop sequence with two full drops from maximum height, which was pretty cool. Along the way back out of the Hollywood Blvd area, we stopped for some Photopass pictures and rather enjoyed this one!
bcb2069f-46b1-4425-ae2c-6e174dfea93a.JPG

We had read online about a new DVC scavenger hunt/selfie picture/fun activity. So we started doing that - I'll share those pictures later when we complete the scavenger hunt (5 different selfie spots, but we only hit four of them today - the other will wait for our next day here). Amongst our selfies we got a little Star Wars time, first with Star Tours.
IMG_2284.JPG

I was VERY happy with our sequence on Star Tours. I feel like they spent a couple full years doing the Rise of Skywalker full sequence and we were a bit sick of it. Today we got stormtroopers (original trilogy ones) to start, then to Kashyyyk (don't think we've ever gotten that one), then a visit from Admiral Ackbar, and finally to Naboo and a quick ride through the core before getting our viewscreen broken by a Naboo fighter plane that was obviously parked in the wrong place. After that, we headed over to Batuu to get one of the selfies for DVC and just to walk around and stop in the shops. On the way in, some great character interaction with Chewie, Rey, and Vi Moradi (yes, that's right - I know her name... I read the books... I'm not ashamed!).
IMG_2294.JPG

We then walked through the main bazaar of shops and actually stopped off at Oga's to ask about walkups - we have reservations later in the week, but our daughter and her friends couldn't get them so we were happy to hear that walkups are a possibility, even if not very likely. As we finished our circuit, we stopped with another Photopass to try our hand with using the Force a little.
673598b1-445d-4e43-b5a1-53760f4f3eb5.JPG

Next we were going to head to Toy Story Midway Mania, but our friends were at Baseline Taphouse, so we decided to go meet them for a beer. But, on the way back through Batuu, more fun with Vi and some stormtroopers (zoom in to see her mocking the trooper from behind).
IMG_2318.JPG

We stuck around to be entertained for a couple minutes and Vi found her way to the corner right near us, hiding from the troopers. Being the (some might say nerdy) person that I am, I stage whispered her name, so we got a smile and wave before heading off.
IMG_2323.JPG

Gotta really zoom in on that one to see it, but she is hiding in there and was likely a bit shocked since I don't think many of the visitors to Batuu have any clue who she is.

But, now it was finally time for that drink!
IMG_2327.JPG

And with those delicious beverages, I will leave you for now. The rest of the day coming your way tonight or tomorrow morning!

slipperalwaysfits

But, we did the obligatory drink picture. And that's where our little friend arrived.
AAAAAAAaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....what a fun Disney tradition!
It's definitely a much longer walk for where our room is, but it was nice and we weren't quite up to 6 miles of walking today so why not! There was also a little bit of rain coming in over Disney Springs so we made our way back over to the room and now.... time to get some sleep.
YES!! I try to prepare myself for just how far I'm going to walk in Disney and it's amazing how fast all those steps add up so very quickly, with detours, etc. Hubby really wanted to check out the new bridge from Magic Kingdom to the GF last year, so we added another mile (at least) for that walk. I'm all for walking but in a case like that, where you can take the monorail, why not?
Got a great drop sequence with two full drops from maximum height, which was pretty cool. Along the way back out of the Hollywood Blvd area, we stopped for some Photopass pictures and rather enjoyed this one!
What a lovely picture of you both! You can tell how much you love, adore and respect each other!
But, now it was finally time for that drink!
I hope it was really good! I've been meaning to go to Baseline for four years now, here's hoping I ACTUALLY make it there before the end of 2021!!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Super early good morning to you all! We are up really early this morning because @MeffysMom began training for a full marathon a couple months ago and despite our 6-10 miles of walking each day, she has a regimen to at least stay close to. So, we are heading to the Boardwalk area for her to run about 10 miles and I'll do some walking at the same time (wish I could still run, but I have issues in both knees and am hoping to stall knee replacement for a few more years). But I do plan to get the rest of yesterday posted later this morning before we head to Epcot.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, I walked a couple miles and am now in the Swan lobby and she is on mile 4 somewhere near Studios I think.

Must be time for some more food and drink pictures!! When I left you, we were enjoying a beer at Baseline - always a nice beverage there and a good location. Plus, we are fans of the odd light jazz versions of pop music that they play. As we drank, we decided to go get lunch at Big River and maybe catch some of the Wales soccer match (@MeffysMom is a big Gareth Bale fan). So we caught the boat to Boardwalk.

Despite lots of availability on Opentable, they didn’t have an inside table so we waited a bit over half an hour which necessitated a spiked dole whip float.
F5BA4D59-2B49-4107-A8B2-0577D9772944.jpeg

Once in Big River we enjoyed the soccer and some beers and nachos. It’s nothing special, but the beers are solid and the food is fine.
DC302BAB-9563-4D00-9ABF-9AEE401A0E06.jpeg

C3474A2A-6A6E-48BD-8656-0D9A0EC2BEE2.jpeg

Fully refreshed and right at 2pm so we decided to head into Epcot for a bit. We headed through International Gateway with no real plan in mind.

First off, we grabbed a couple Food oops Flower and Garden passports to plan out our snacking for two days at Epcot. Then we headed to the UK to browse through the shops (not remembering that half are still not reopened yet) and then over to France to walk through the Remy area and those shops as well.

3F2A5DB1-45C6-4A13-9F67-8F8CA98B4F77.jpeg

Tired and looking to relax a bit, we grabbed a shaded table in Morocco and looked through the food options and chose some priorities. As we sat, we realized we were a bit tired for more touring so back to Boardwalk we went to wait to put surprise goodie bags in the kids rooms.

Of course, the rooms weren’t ready until a bit after 4pm so we got some quality couch time in the lobby before dropping off the bags. Then it was back to our room at Saratoga for a more serious nap!

BTW, at a few minutes after 1pm we did get Rise passes for group 155 which did actually get called (158 was the last one called) but by that time we were dressing for dinner and I’ll be back with that soon.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Let's get you some dinner pictures before we head over to Epcot this morning! We had an 8:30pm reservation for Morimoto Asia with one of our friends from home (not a terribly adventurous eating family, so just 1/3 joining us for this meal). This was our first time eating there and we were quite excited to try some new things. First of all, the space is absolutely beautiful. Although, as a former 'regular' at Pleasure Island, I have to say I was pretty shocked that they really didn't do any remodeling to the basic interior of Mannequins - fundamentally, everything was the same except with far classier decor and an additional fancy staircase.
IMG_2359.JPG

We were seated upstairs (on what was the balcony over the dance floor) and here's the view of some of the decor hanging from the ceiling.
IMG_2361.JPG

Of course, drinks came first. This is the Asian Old Fashioned, White Lily, and the Pocket Full of Summer.
IMG_2365.JPG

We decided to share everything somewhat family style and started off with the lettuce wraps and pork dumplings. Both were very good. Not too strong of a flavor, but very well seasoned.
IMG_2369.JPG

Next up, my two counterparts had the A5 Waygu beef sashimi. They said it was amazing, melt in your mouth. I took their word for it (for those who haven't traveled with us before, I don't do beef... long story, don't ask).
IMG_2373.JPG

Then we shared the duck ramen and the Morimoto ribs. Both were very good. We had the ribs once before from the walk-up window and the glaze is still just amazing.
IMG_2372.JPG

And to close things up, we had the matcha tea tiramisu and the Japanese style souffle cheesecake with grilled peaches. Again, really excellent flavors from both. And the souffle cheesecake was very different - light and airy, but still definitely cheesecake.
IMG_2375.JPG

IMG_2376.JPG

It was a somewhat pricey evening, but some really great food and worth the adventure! As soon as we finished dining, we headed back to our respective resorts and sleep came very quickly. But, now it's time to head to Epcot for lots of fun tastings and (I'm sure) a drink or two... and maybe even an attraction!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Really enjoying your TR: :)
The Boathouse is our favorite place to eat at all of WDW. We always eat there.
The food at Raglin Road looks great. We may try that next.

I'd say that those two are our two favorites with Boathouse getting the slight edge for food, but Raglan getting the edge for entertainment! And, as a beer drinker and 50% Scottish person, I have to lean toward Raglan personally! You should definitely try it - ideally when there is live music and dancing (all weekends and some weeknights).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom