Its not Mickey, its Falfour!

WhyteAL

You see why there is not real way out for these people, these impressions have a tremendous effect on the children (the future of that country) and then when they grow up they become worse than there forefathers. They are being preprogramed and there is no off switch. So the cycle prepatuates itself over and over. Sad, really sad.

EpcotGrl

Is it wrong that this cracked me up? I mean, obviously violence & intolerance are NOT GOOD, but the mental image of Mickey Mouse--er, Farfour preaching "Death to America" was a funny one. :lol:

But then, I have an odd sense of humor...:lookaroun Not trying to offend :wave:

WhyteAL

Is it wrong that this cracked me up? I mean, obviously violence & intolerance are NOT GOOD, but the mental image of Mickey Mouse--er, Farfour preaching "Death to America" was a funny one. :lol:

But then, I have an odd sense of humor...:lookaroun Not trying to offend :wave:

It would be funny if it wasn't real...but unfortunately it is.

Cattman96

You see why there is not real way out for these people, these impressions have a tremendous effect on the children (the future of that country) and then when they grow up they become worse than there forefathers. They are being preprogramed and there is no off switch. So the cycle prepatuates itself over and over. Sad, really sad.

I believe i read that 2/3rds of middle easterners are illiterate, thereby relying on there info from radical islam. The Koran is a good book, but if someone perverts its teaching, and tells them America and Israel are bad then that is what they will believe. Screwing with the minds of children is sick. People need to realize this when people like "Rosie" says they are really not a threat and it is Americas propaganda machine that is making them look bad. Even more sick.

BuzzComplexCM

I'll admit when I picked up the Daily News today and saw this on the front page I chuckled to myself. In fact it's the only reason why I picked up the Daily News today. Anyway as I read the article I did find it disturbing that they are exploiting a well known childrens icon like this. However, we must remember that in the 1930's and 1940's, Warner Bros. and Disney were also guilty of doing something to the same effect with placing their characters in war propoganda films.

Now of course that was Disney and Warner Bros. using their OWN characters/copyrights to make those films. In other words, they gave the OK to use the characters for that purpose whereas now the issue has been out of Disney's hands. It should be interesting to see how Disney and the US handle this one. But the fact remains that the US also did something similar, not entirely the same, but similar.

I'm not saying this makes it right, but it's only fair to remember our past before we start going off the deep end.

Cattman96

Stop it. You are saying that them using the icons to encourage kids to blow themselves up and what Disney and Warner Bros did in WW2 are similar? Whole different ballgame.

miles1

Interesting how they are forced to use an American icon to spread their message to children. What else to they have to offer the kids? A life of war, poverty, and deprivation. This is truly sad, and unfortunately there's not a darn thing Disney can do about it.

WDWFigment

Everyone seems to have a similar opinion that this is reprehensible, but what does this have to do with "WDW Parks General Discussion"? Mickey Mouse is a character in the wdw parks, and falfour is a mickey mouse ripoff? That's a bit of a stretch.

NadieMasK2

I found it ironic as well that they are using Mickey Mouse, a character that wouldn't exist if it weren't for the American dream. It's really such a shame.

Slipknot

I'll admit when I picked up the Daily News today and saw this on the front page I chuckled to myself. In fact it's the only reason why I picked up the Daily News today. Anyway as I read the article I did find it disturbing that they are exploiting a well known childrens icon like this. However, we must remember that in the 1930's and 1940's, Warner Bros. and Disney were also guilty of doing something to the same effect with placing their characters in war propoganda films.

Now of course that was Disney and Warner Bros. using their OWN characters/copyrights to make those films. In other words, they gave the OK to use the characters for that purpose whereas now the issue has been out of Disney's hands. It should be interesting to see how Disney and the US handle this one. But the fact remains that the US also did something similar, not entirely the same, but similar.

I'm not saying this makes it right, but it's only fair to remember our past before we start going off the deep end.

Then again, Mickey and (I'm guessing) Bugs Bunny weren't telling the kids that Americans were superior to our enemies and therefore every country that could be considered enemies should not exist and the people of said counties should not live. Not to mention that they weren't using a German or Japanese copyright/patent or a likeness of one to get their message accross...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom