Trip Report It's Never This Hot Here: A June 2022 Adventure

Hi! I am not sure how many remember me but I wrote my first trip report two years ago when my husband and I went on our honeymoon to Walt Disney World.

We had been talking about wanting to take a trip to Disneyland for a while and everything just fell into place.

In my husband's family when you turn 13 you get to pick a trip to anywhere in the US that you want to go. His niece ended up picking LA/Disneyland.

The plan was for my mother in law, sister in law, niece, and me to fly out to California. Spend a few days seeing LA and then spend a day at California Adventure and a day at Disneyland. My husband decided to fly out and we spent an additional few days at the parks.

We had a great trip! There was definitely some drama, some crowds, lots of slushies, lots of rides, some good ride photos, and most importantly lots of memories made.

I hope you will follow along!

IMG_5714.JPG
IMG_5787.JPG

kbarry117

Original Poster
Loving the TR!
In awe of these DL 4th of July decorations? At least that's what it looks like to me? Love those light pole banners.
I think so! Honestly they didn't really stick out to me but that is what they probably are!

kbarry117

Original Poster
Sunday! California Adventure Day

Matt and I actually slept in a little this day which was nice after 6am wake up calls the other few days.

We had breakfast at the hotel

IMG_5758.JPG

This was so good. After our delicious breakfast we made our way to the shuttle and pretty soon we were entering California Adventure.

As soon we got into the park we might a Lightning Lane for Soarin and headed there first. We had about a 10 minute.

We were seated in the last row in the middle so the Eiffel Tower wasn't too bendy.

After Soarin Matt noticed that Grizzly River Run had just re-opened. He went and hopped in line while I did some people watching. After yesterdays adventure on Splash Mountain I had no desire to ride a water ride.

He said he got in line at the perfect time and only waited about 20 minutes. By the time he was off the wait had shot up to 75 minutes.

We had booked our next Lightning Lane for Incredicoaster and headed to Pixar Pier.

M1.jpg

In about 10 minutes we were on the ride.

IMG_5765.JPG

Seriously this ride is just so much fun! After our incredible ride Matt decided he wanted to do Single Rider.

He hopped back in line and I went to grab us something to drink.

Matt was back on and off again in 20 minutes.

While I was waiting for Matt to get done I found a spot over by where Mr. Incredible meets. There were not very many people in line. I heard a cast member tell the few people in line that Mr. Incredible was leaving but Woody would be taking his place. As soon as I heard this I jumped in line!

IMG_5763.JPG
IMG_5764.JPG

This was a great meet and greet and we only waited about 10 minutes which was perfect!

After our exciting meet and greet we decided to cool off in the AC with Mickey's Philharmagic.

We waited about 3 minutes to be let into the theatre. I loved this.

It was a great little break and entertaining.

After our fun show we headed to our next Lighting Lane. Monsters Inc. Yup two grown adults using their Lighting Lane passes on Monsters Inc. I had been wanting to ride all week and the ride times had always been extremely high.
dfd.jpg

dfdfd.jpg

This was such a cute ride but I am glad we didn't wait more than 15 minutes for it.

After this I really wanted to watch Turtle Talk with Crush and Matt wanted to do single rider for Radiator Springs Racers so went our separate ways.

I didn't have to wait too long for the show to begin and I really enjoyed it. This attraction will always have a special place in my heart. It was the first ever attraction I did at Disney.

I guess Radiator Springs Racers was having some issues and kept going down. Matt ended up waiting about an hour to ride.

I enjoyed a yummy pickle snack and some people watching while waiting for him.
IMG_5762.JPG

IMG_5759.JPG

When Matt was done we decided to head back to the hotel for a little break. Before we left we had to pick up some Mickey sourdough bread.

df.jpg

This was so good and made a delicious snack over the next few days.

We made our way back to the hotel and shared a pizza from one of the hotel restaurants.

We took a little nap and soon it was time to head back to the park.

kbarry117

Original Poster
Before heading back to the park we made a Lighting Lane for Guardians and headed there first.

When we got there the standby line was wrapped around and the Lighting Lane was also pretty long.

All in all we only waited about 20 minutes and had a great ride.

I can't believe I rode this twice. I am so proud of myself!

IMG_5796.JPG

After Guardians Matt decided he did want to ride Web Slingers so we booked an individual lightning lane.

We rode with some pros and they gave us some good tips!

After our ride we decided a little snack was in order so we mobile ordered from Pyms.

IMG_5767.JPG

The pretzel and Proton Punch (Lemonade, Berry Puree, Cherry Flavor-filled boba and grenadine filled pipette) were so good. And definitely the pick me up that we needed.

I also tried this beer but I was not a big fan. I normally really enjoy Chamoy but it was just too much in the beer.

IMG_5769.JPG

After our pick me up we headed into Cars land. We had booked a Radiator Springs Lightning Lane because we heard it was so cool at night.

We only waited about 15 minutes. This was so much fun at night. And it was so cool to see Cars land all lit up.

(Sorry no picture. We were in the second row and the people in front completely blocked us)

After our ride we headed to Maters and were on in about 5 minutes. I just think this ride is so fun.

After Mater's we mobile ordered the Bacon Mac and Cheese cone to share because I had heard so much about it.

IMG_5770.JPG

I enjoyed the Mac and Cheese although a little dry but I hated the cone. Definitely a one and done for me.

After our snack we had a little photo shoot in cars land at night.
IMG_5795.JPG

The park was getting close to closing so we headed towards Soarin. We walked on within five minutes.

After Soarin we took a few more pics.

IMG_5793.JPG

At this point the park was almost closed so headed out. Instead of getting on the shuttle we decided to call a Lyft because Matt had another destination in mind.

fff.jpg

He wanted some In and Out. We had the most amazing Lyft driver. He drove us to In and Out and waited in the drive thru for us. He told us some amazing stories and it was really nice getting to know him. ( Don't worry we tipped extra well)

We got back to the hotel ate our In and Out and passed out. We had an early breakfast reservation in the morning.

kbarry117

Original Poster
Monday.... Our Last Day

Something a little weird about us is that we love character meals. I think its a great way to get to see some characters without waiting in big lines.

So we decided to book Goofy's Kitchen for 7:45am.

We were up and ready and called a LYFT. We ended up in Tesla which was really cool and pretty soon we were arriving at the Disneyland Hotel.

We found Goofy's Kitchen and were checked in. About 5 minutes later we were called to take our picture with Goofy and be seated.

IMG_5792.JPG

Yup we definitely look like we just woke up! Hahaha

We grabbed our plates of food.

IMG_5771.JPG

Everything was really yummy. I am still questioning my decision to have mac and cheese at 8am but when on vacation!

The character parades started. They are still kind of social distancing characters indoors at California. The characters come around in a parade instead of stopping at each individual table.

ff.jpg

This would be the only time we saw Minnie. About 2 minutes after this photo was taken we heard a crash. We were seated where the characters enter and exit and soon Minnie came limping back to the exit. We saw a character attendant come and grab a bag of ice but we didn't see Minnie again.

f.jpg

We got to say hello to one of our favorite Chipmunks Dale.
T7.jpg

And Chip! These two are always so fun to interact with.

Those ended up being the only characters we saw at breakfast.

After our meal it was time to head into Disneyland Park.

Matt wanted to ride Splash and Matterhorn again. So off he went.

I took my time walking in and just soaking everything up. I walked through the Castle and decided to ride Snow White.

After my ride I grabbed a frozen apple juice and people watched for a little bit.

IMG_5772.JPG

This was refreshing and so good.

sat5.jpg

I also saw these two together. I can only imagine what they were talking about.

Pretty soon Matt and I met back up and we decided to ride the Fantasyland rides.

We did Pinocchio, Alice in Wonderland, Mr Toad, Peterpan, and Snow White.

I love all of these dark rides! So fun. I especially loved Alice in Wonderland going outside!

After our rides we ran into a few more characters

IMG_5773.JPG
IMG_5774.JPG

Coming up next: The rest of our time at Disneyland.

kbarry117

Original Poster
Our Last Day Cont:

After our character and dark ride extravaganza our Lighting Lane for Indiana Jones was up.

We headed over and were met with a very long Lightning Lane line. All in all we ended up waiting about 30 minutes for this ride.

We decided to head to Batuu next. Matt did Smugglers run single rider. He also rode as a engineer but he had a great time.

We also finally decided to try the blue and green milk. Neither of us were fans. We also finally decided to try the Ronto Wrap.

IMG_5777.JPG

I hate to say this because I know this is a fan favorite but we weren't big fans of the ronto wrap either. That drink on the right however Meiloorun Juice (Pineapple Juice, Minute Maid® Lemonade, with Blueberry, Cranberry Juice, Lemon Juice, and Desert Pear) was amazing.

After our disappointing snack we noticed that Big Thunder only had a 10 minute wait! We couldn't pass that up.

Such a fun ride! After this we were needing some air conditioning and a little bit of a break.

We headed in to the Plaza Inn to split some fried chicken.

Holy moly this was so good. The green beans and mashed potatoes were probably my favorite part.

We also got this pride cake.
IMG_5780.JPG

It was amazing. Would recommend!

After our yummy lunch we had a few photopass photos taken.

IMG_5787.JPG

IMG_5788.JPG

IMG_5789.JPG

We walked around a little bit more on mainstreet.

We got the tail end of a cavalcade.

M2.jpg

T3.jpg

T4.jpg

Matt had one more mission to accomplish before we could leave Disneyland. He wanted a picture in front to the castle with a corndog.

T5.jpg

He was a happy camper!

We decided to make our way out of Disneyland and take a little break.

Coming up next: We park hop to California Adventure for our last few park hours!

Attachments

• T6.jpg
    T6.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 46

erstwo

Our Last Day Cont:

After our character and dark ride extravaganza our Lighting Lane for Indiana Jones was up.

We headed over and were met with a very long Lightning Lane line. All in all we ended up waiting about 30 minutes for this ride.

We decided to head to Batuu next. Matt did Smugglers run single rider. He also rode as a engineer but he had a great time.

We also finally decided to try the blue and green milk. Neither of us were fans. We also finally decided to try the Ronto Wrap.

View attachment 660682
I hate to say this because I know this is a fan favorite but we weren't big fans of the ronto wrap either. That drink on the right however Meiloorun Juice (Pineapple Juice, Minute Maid® Lemonade, with Blueberry, Cranberry Juice, Lemon Juice, and Desert Pear) was amazing.

After our disappointing snack we noticed that Big Thunder only had a 10 minute wait! We couldn't pass that up.

Such a fun ride! After this we were needing some air conditioning and a little bit of a break.

We headed in to the Plaza Inn to split some fried chicken.

Holy moly this was so good. The green beans and mashed potatoes were probably my favorite part.

We also got this pride cake.
View attachment 660683
It was amazing. Would recommend!

After our yummy lunch we had a few photopass photos taken.

View attachment 660684

View attachment 660685
View attachment 660686

We walked around a little bit more on mainstreet.

We got the tail end of a cavalcade.

View attachment 660688
View attachment 660689
View attachment 660690

Matt had one more mission to accomplish before we could leave Disneyland. He wanted a picture in front to the castle with a corndog.

View attachment 660691

He was a happy camper!

We decided to make our way out of Disneyland and take a little break.

Coming up next: We park hop to California Adventure for our last few park hours!
I’m trying to zoom in and see, but I can’t quite tell if that’s Mr Steve driving the fire truck in your photo. My son and I looked for him in February but never did get to see him! We loved meeting him on our previous visit so we were pretty bummed to miss him. You got a great shot!
Loving the trip report! How fun that you got a day just the two of you!

kbarry117

Original Poster
Last Day Cont.

After our little break we headed to California Adventure. We had been refreshing Lightning Lane's but we weren't finding much available.

Matt decided to go do Single Rider for Incredicoaster and we picked up a Guardians lighting lane for later in the evening.

While Matt was waiting for Incredicoaster I did a little shopping. I ended up picking up a couple of keychains. One mickey head and one Olaf to keep on our "Disney Backpack".

Little Mermaid was showing a 15 minute wait so I hopped in line for that.
IMG_5781.JPG

After our rides there was one more treat that I wanted to try.

IMG_5782.JPG

The Pixar Pier Frosty Parfait. It was so delicious and definitely worth the 25 minutes in line.

We sat on a bench outside Lamplight Lounge and people watched and soaked up our last few moments in the park.

Pretty soon it was time for our Lamplight Reservation.

We were seated downstairs pretty quickly.

IMG_5783.JPG

I got the Mickey Fun Wheel. This was delicious and so refreshing.

IMG_5784.JPG

We decided to split the brussel sprouts and potato skins. Both were delicious

We finished up our appetizers and started to head out of the park. We got to catch some of World of Color.

We stopped at a few more of the shops and soon we were headed out of the park.

We had an extremely early wake up call for our flight back home.

We got back to the resort and packed up all of our stuff.

The 3:30am alarm was coming all too soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom