It's my GF's first time to Disney!!!

comics101

Ok, so this August my girlfriend will be joining my family on a trip to the world for her very first trip ever! As if that isn't exciting enough, I really want it to be super special and magical. I know that the fact that it's her first trip may be magical enough, but I've built the place up to be so much (I'm sucha Disney dweeb...it's all I ever talk about :p) that I'm worried she could be let down by it.

Anyways, I was wondering if there was anything magical/romantic I could do for her that you guys may know about that she'll remember forever. I don't have a ton of money, but I do have some put away, so please list any suggestions you may have. I really want it to be super magical...I know I keep saying that but that's only because I don't know what other word to use and I really, really mean it lol.

CaptainJackNO

Ok, so this August my girlfriend will be joining my family on a trip to the world for her very first trip ever! As if that isn't exciting enough, I really want it to be super special and magical. I know that the fact that it's her first trip may be magical enough, but I've built the place up to be so much (I'm sucha Disney dweeb...it's all I ever talk about :p) that I'm worried she could be let down by it.

Anyways, I was wondering if there was anything magical/romantic I could do for her that you guys may know about that she'll remember forever. I don't have a ton of money, but I do have some put away, so please list any suggestions you may have. I really want it to be super magical...I know I keep saying that but that's only because I don't know what other word to use and I really, really mean it lol.

I will make a few suggestions.
1. On your first day, make sure you have her there for the Magic Kingdom Rope Drop ceremony. You have to start the day right. The characters come in on the train, a family of the day throws pixie dust, etc.
2. Hang around on Main Street for the Main Street singing and dancing ("You're walking right down the middle of Main Street USA."
3. Make sure you catch the kiss goodnight.

These things are all free with your admission
Other things you could do are:
1. www.disneyflorist.com (You can have a special welcome package waiting in the room for her.) They are kinda expensive, though.
2. A character breakfast/dinner.
3. One Word: Ohana! (Dinner with view of Magic Kingdom)
4. Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue (a bit costly)
5. Dinner at California Grill during fireworks
6. Lunch at Mexico's San Angel Inn (scenery is beautiful and romantic. Food is okay.) Atmosphere is worth it.

Hope this helps. If I think of anything else, I'll post.:wave:
Have Fun!

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

I say stop trying to make it something she wont forget and just like it go with the flow and happen on its own. Give her suggestions and let her choose what she wants to see and do. You should not have to work hard are making it magical....let nature do it for you. Have fun and enjoy each other in your happy place and it will also become her happy place. Plus if you do all the cool and great stuff now what will she have to look forward to on the next trip!!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

jlevis

I'm with Mickeysshoes, you're trying too hard. MK is magical on its own. We all experience the magic in our own way and what is special for you might be ho-hum for her. Just let her take it in and enjoy it for herself. The last thing you want to do is oversell it and have it be a let down for her.

Upvote 0

durangojim

Back in 1996 I took my girlfriend to Disney World for the first time. She had never been before. We stayed at the Grand Floridian with a lagoon view room and the first evening I had ordered key lime pie from room service and we watched the electrical water pageant on our balcony. From that moment on, she was hooked. Five years later I proposed to her at the Grand. We've now been married nine years and have two Disneyfied kids. You don't have to stay at the grand to make it special, but your enthusiasm will wear off on her. If you do want to do something really nice, but a little expensive, go on one of the private Wishes cruises where it's just the two of you on a pontoon boat with a CM. Highly romantic and a really wonderful experience. I think it runs $250-300. Have a great time!

Upvote 0

righttrack

If you are having a meal at a Grand Floridian restaurant, get her the Cinderella Slipper Dessert. It's a white chocolate slipper filled with cream and raspberries; chocolate teardrop filled with chocolate mousse; on a Castle silk screen plate. It's only $20
Order through Grand Floridian Bakery - (407) 824-2474, giving at least 48 hours notice. It will come out at dessert and you can have them write a little something special on the plate from you. For $20 it makes quite a magical impression.

You won't have to do much to impress her anyway. I remember taking my deprived wife there, who never went as a child. She was blown away. I couldn't believe it. Far exceeded her expectations despite my lamenting over it for years.

Upvote 0

BrittanyRose428

Make sure you get her a first visit pin! The only other thing I can really say is take your time and don't try to rush her. I don't know how you are, but when I go I know exactly what I want to do and would easily be able to do what I want to, but since she's never been give her time to take it all in. As for romantic things, I think spending too much money would be a little over the top for her first trip anyways (that could just be my taste though). Maybe you could walk around the boardwalk share an icecream, or even just watch the fireworks together?

Upvote 0

ArtieJim

My girlfriend loved Chefs de France, we booked a later reservation and requested a table by the windows. She had the best time watching illuminations while we ate there, also said it was the best meal we had while we were there now she can't wait to do it again when we're there in December. There are a good amount of trees around the area though, so unless you're very close to the windows you may not have the same experience.

Upvote 0

SkratchyTheWolf

Me and my girlfriend went last year (we were 18 at the time) and honestly we made our last day there the most magical and I will NEVER forget it. We went to Magic Kingdom on our last day, and did the Pirate makeover thing. It's a bit pricey but was totally worth it. You'll get a pirate name (me and her had the same last name... completely by chance), dressed up as a pirate, get a pirate medallion and even get a really nice picture to hold onto. We spent the rest of the day in the park, and for that night I made a reservation for the restaurant inside Cinderella's Castle (if its only the two of you, you should be able to book a reservation fairly easily). We scheduled our reservation JUST before the fireworks which is something I highly recommend. Not only do they dim the lights inside the restaurant while the fireworks are going on but they also play the music from the inside while you watch all the fireworks through the stained glass windows. It was really amazing. Not to mention, you get a REALLY nice picture of the two of you with Cinderella (in ours we were still dressed as pirates :p ) and you get to meet all the princesses, get a souvenir (you'd get a sword, she'd get a wand) and you also get a 3 course meal. It's really something special and even with the princesses coming up to say hi, it can still be a really intimate setting for just the two of you once all the action slows down.

PS: Throughout your time there I highly recommend participating in the pin trading, I did it for the first time when me and my girl went and it was a ton of fun! try to outdo each other and see who gets the cooler/rarer pins. :p

Goodluck! :)

Upvote 0

moonchild925

I can highly recommend the wishes/illuminations cruise as a poster above mentioned. If that isn't in your budget the pirates and pals cruise still offers a great view tho you'd be with a group and its more geared for families and is much cheaper. Another idea would be to have a nice dinner at animal kingdom lodge (jiko, bona and sanaa are all fantastic) and take in the animals on the savanna around sunset before or after your meal. The viewing areas are open to all even if you're not staying there. Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

eroyee

You can take a romantic carriage ride around Port Orleans Riverside at night. Its only 30 something dollars. cant quite remember. anyway, a walk on the beach at the Poly during Wishes would be neat,too. Let her pick a lot of the things she wants to do. have a magical trip.....

Upvote 0

menamechris

If you are on a budget, I would a carriage ride at Fort Wilderness. It can be incredibly romantic - and it feels like a world away from the busy parks. Good luck!!! :drevil:

Upvote 0

DeaverTex

Good luck, and I'll echo some others -- don't push her to love it in general, or to love any particular item. (Other than you, of course!) She will or she won't, and if for some reason she doesn't, or likes WDW but not some of the things you're stoked about, then you're a lot better off if you haven't presented the "perfect plan".

Keep it fairly low key, and don't let your enthusiasm get out of hand. Go ahead and plan one or two really nice, romantic things to do, but don't worry if she has other ideas that conflict. It's HER first trip; let her find the magic her own way. Your job is to be a resource, to make certain she doesn't miss something because she doesn't even know it exists, and to be company.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom