it's FINALLY gonna happen!

LadyM

Oh gosh I have SO many questions to ask... it's finally happening ! My DH has informed me that if we continue to save our extra money that he is going to take me to WDW next September... for the FIRST time! I have been saving all of my extra change for a few months now(I figured it was the only way I'd ever get there) and now I am going to start working over time at work a couple days a week... so that money will go into saving for it too. I have already decided that I'd like to stay in the Pop Century or ASMov resorts... but there are a few questions I need to ask becuase I have an apparently misinformed relative who lives down there.... here goes:

1. How far in advance should I book our stay?

2. Is it better/cheaper to go through a travel agent or Disney?

3. Which resorts do you have to stay at to have the benefit of the EMH's? ( I was told only the Deluxes)

4. Is it better to use your car(we will be driving down)to get around the World or it is better to use the busses/ferry/monorail?

5. How early should I get to the parks to get hubby an ECV?

6. What are the best restaurants for the money and is the Dining Plan any good?

Ok...thats a few for now..I have more, but I'll eventually get around to asking them.. I know you all will help me as much as possible... :)

Raven66

Hi there!

I can't answer all of your questions, but I will give a couple a whirl.

1. We usually book ours about 6 mos. out. It could go further, but I don't know.
2. We have not used a travel agent. I usually let Disney do it. This year I booked air fare myself, because it was cheaper.
3. I believe as long as you are staying on property you can use EMH. Except maybe like the Swan and Dolpin, but I'm not sure on those.
4. First year we went, we drove. When we got there we just parked the car and didn't touch it again until we left. IMO after a long day at the parks the last thing we wanted to do was drive. It might be different for you if you have small children. Our DD was 5, so it was fine for us. We fly now, so we use all Disney transportation.

5. sorry I don't know.

6. We haven't used the Dining plan. And to tell you the truth I don't know about good restaurants for the money. There are 3 of us and each one of us gets to pick a sit down meal for the trip and the rest of the time we just pick a spot and go.

I hope that you all have so much fun! Try not to let it over whelm you. :wave:

Upvote 0

natalia1681

Oh gosh I have SO many questions to ask... it's finally happening, DISers! My DH has informed me that if we continue to save our extra money that he is going to take me to WDW next September... for the FIRST time! I have been saving all of my extra change for a few months now(I figured it was the only way I'd ever get there) and now I am going to start working over time at work a couple days a week... so that money will go into saving for it too. I have already decided that I'd like to stay in the Pop Century or ASMov resorts... but there are a few questions I need to ask becuase I have an apparently misinformed relative who lives down there.... here goes:

3. Which resorts do you have to stay at to have the benefit of the EMH's? ( I was told only the Deluxes)

4. Is it better to use your car(we will be driving down)to get around the World or it is better to use the busses/ferry/monorail?

Ok...thats a few for now..I have more, but I'll eventually get around to asking them.. http://www.disboards.com/images/smilies/wink.gif I know you all will help me as much as possible... http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

1. I like to book as far in advance as possible. Then if discount codes come out later, I will call and apply them.

2. If you have a AAA membership, I am a big fan of booking through them. Sometimes the membership itself is paid for by the savings from the one trip. You can book a package, or just the room through AAA.

Also, I know that Kingdom Konsultants are a sponsor on this board and have alot of dedicated fans!

3. You can stay at any Disney resort for the EMH--not just the deluxes.

4. I am a big fan of using Disney transportation, but we don't drive, we fly down. Although, if you stay on property, you get free parking. Also, if your hubby uses an ECV, you may feel more comfortable with your own car and transportation.

5. I don't know:wave: but I would imagine the earlier in the day, the better.

6. All of the restaurants are great, it all depends on what you like to eat. You can look at great menus on allearsnet.com. I think the dining plan is absolutely worth it. I got mine for free this year, but last year I paid for it and thought it was great!

I hope all of this helps and if you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask!
Also, I realize you didn't ask this, but since I'm dishing out knowledge here:lol: I would highly recommend the Pop Century! I went there last year and will be going again in 9 days!!!:D:D:D
Also, I would check out mousesavers.com and sign up for their newsletter as it provides ideas and tips for savings.:wave:

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No

You can reserve your room now. You'll have to pay the first night, but it's fully refundable up to five days prior to arrival [until you add a package, more on that later].

Both should cost the same. Agents get a fee from Disney, they charge you the same rates as Disney. Kingdom Konsultants [a sponsor here] have a very good reputation.

Any Disney resort gives you access to EMHs.

You get differing opinions on this. If you have kids, it can be a godsend to be able to avoid the rush at park closing. The transportation is very efficient and lots of folks have no problems using it [it also means you can both have that 'extra' glass of wine with dinner if you want].

ECV rentals are first-come, first-served, but chances are in September you shouldn't have any problem getting one.

I personally think the Dining Plan is the best thing Disney has ever done for guests. If you intend to eat at Table Service restaurants, the value is great! DS and I comfortably paid for our Dining Plan just with the TS we ate, so we saved money on TS and our snacks and Counter Service meals were functionally free! I'd say if you don't care for TS, it wouldn't be worth it.

Upvote 0

pinkrose

1. I like to book as far in advance as possible. Then if discount codes come out later, I will call and apply them.

2. If you have a AAA membership, I am a big fan of booking through them. Sometimes the membership itself is paid for by the savings from the one trip. You can book a package, or just the room through AAA.

Also, I know that Kingdom Konsultants are a sponsor on this board and have alot of dedicated fans!

3. You can stay at any Disney resort for the EMH--not just the deluxes.

4. I am a big fan of using Disney transportation, but we don't drive, we fly down. Although, if you stay on property, you get free parking. Also, if your hubby uses an ECV, you may feel more comfortable with your own car and transportation.

5. I don't know:wave: but I would imagine the earlier in the day, the better.

6. All of the restaurants are great, it all depends on what you like to eat. You can look at great menus on allearsnet.com. I think the dining plan is absolutely worth it. I got mine for free this year, but last year I paid for it and thought it was great!

I hope all of this helps and if you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask!
Also, I realize you didn't ask this, but since I'm dishing out knowledge here:lol: I would highly recommend the Pop Century! I went there last year and will be going again in 9 days!!!:D:D:D
Also, I would check out mousesavers.com and sign up for their newsletter as it provides ideas and tips for savings.:wave:

Kingdom Konsultants are wonderful! Pam has booked our trip for this Nov. She (and the other reps) keep an eye out for discounts and will take care of everything. They are very knowledgeable and can answer all of your questions. Droop them an e-mail or a phone call.

http://www.kingdomkonsultant.com/

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

it's finally happening, DISers!

:lookaroun

Welcome to WDWMAGIC! :lol:

You can book early and then change your reservation if a good discount code comes out.

I book my own trips but a lot use Kindom Konsultants -- Check the main WDWMagic page for links to their site. Also, several of their Reps post on this site.

No, ALL Disney resorts

If we have a car at the world... it usually sits in the parking lot and we use Disney Transportation. The only time we use a car (or taxi) is to get from our resort to another one for a meal.

Probably depends on when you go... you may want to check into renting one from a local establishment and keeping it for the entire stay. Probably cheaper and you'll have access to it when not at the parks.

The Dining Plan is a great way to budget your meal dollars. We've used it and loved it. You'll get many differing opinions on the best restaurants since everyone has their favorites. My personal recommendations are (not in any order): Biergarten, Le Cellier, Bomas, Chef Mickeys (character breakfast), O'hana (breakfast or dinner), Crystal Palace, Sunshine Seasons, Flame Tree BBQ, Tusker House... the list goes on and on. :lol:

Take a peak at the menus -- http://www.wdwmagic.com/menus.htm or http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm.

Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

LadyM

Original Poster
Thanks you all.. :) I read about the different resorts and I like the Pop Century..but would settle for ASMovies if I couldnt get Pop... :)

ANother question...

Does Disney allow you to book a package and pay for it montly by payments as long as its paid for by a certain time?

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

Thanks you all.. :) I read about the different resorts and I like the Pop Century..but would settle for ASMovies if I couldnt get Pop... :)

ANother question...

Does Disney allow you to book a package and pay for it montly by payments as long as its paid for by a certain time?
Depends on how it's booked... Disney Travel Co or CRO (at least it used to be this way)... With a package it had to be paid in full prior to the trip or with room only, could be paid when checking in.

With the package... the final amount is due 45 days (I think) prior to the trip. You can pay as you want until then as long as it's paid in full by the cutoff date.

Upvote 0

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Oh gosh I have SO many questions to ask... it's finally happening, DISers!

Wrong site :)

a month or two will suffice for small groups and still save you money. For larger groups, look further out.

www.kingdomkonsultants.com Have a nice day :)

Any of the Disney owned resorts and the Swan & Dolphin :) Enjoy your stay at Pop Century

My preference is to drive myself... but that's because I don't trust anyone other than myself behind the wheel.

By opening and a few hours after. However, there are other companies that rent them out to you and they're typically cheaper than what WDW charges.

Spoodles. Have a nice day

wink.gif
I know you all will help me as much as possible...
smile.gif

The DIS doesn't allow us to steal their bandwidth

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The DIS doesn't allow us to steal their bandwidth

:lol: Good observation.

May I also suggest that you RUN and pick-up the latest Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World at your local bookstore.

It is full of invaluable information. :wave:

Upvote 0

LadyM

Original Poster
Sorry I goofed guys..I did originally post this on the DIS and also here so I could get different opinions from all of the Disney sites..I just forgot to take out the DIS references... :rolleyes: silly me..LOL!

Upvote 0

miles1

Take $20 from your savings and buy The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World, which will answer all your questions, plus several thousand more that you don't even have yet. If will also help you save the twenty bucks several times over.

One more tip, even if you book now check the offerings in May/June for the free dining plan, which will save a TON of money.

Upvote 0

LudwigVonDrake

You can book your September 2007 trip through Disney right now. You can book room and tickets. You need to pay a $200 deposit within 14 days (or you can pay the deposit over the phone when you call) and Disney allows you to pay it on whatever installments work for you as long as it's paid within 45 days of arrival. I usually book through Disney and do the airfare on my own.

Stick with Pop Century. It's newer and the buses are more efficient.

I don't know the situation with your husband but Disney transportation is cheaper (it's free) than renting a car.

Have a great time planning your trip :wave:

Upvote 0

pinkrose

:lol: Good observation.

May I also suggest that you RUN and pick-up the latest Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World at your local bookstore.

It is full of invaluable information. :wave:

I also suggest Passporter Walt Disney World Resort. It's awesome! That's my favorite WDW book.

Upvote 0

imamouse

In addition to all of the great advice already posted, here are some more websites that you might find helpful:

www.touringplans.com (the website for the Unofficial Guide to WDW)
www.allearsnet.com
www.mousesavers.com

I used to book my vacations myself until I found this wonderful site, which led me to Kingdom Konsultants. Pam and her team are top notch and will take very good care of you for FREE.

As for the EVC - WDW transportation does a great job of accomodating guests in wheelchairs, etc. They have separate queues for the buses and guests with special needs are are boarded first! The AllEars site has some useful information for guests usings EVCs. Search on the words "free wheeling" on their site.

Enjoy your visit!
:wave:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

First off let me say congratulations! I am so excited for you! Pop or Movies you will be happy, submersed in the disney atmosphere. You will most likely be happy w/ Disney transportation. For us, once we get to WDW we no longer want the bother of a vehicle..even if we drive to wdw, we let them drive us once we arrive. I second the recommendation for Passporter....they recently had their old versions 2005 on sale for $1 not sure if they have any left but check out the website...there would only be a few things missing from the 2007 publication. Or go to your library and see what they have available. Finally, have you ordered your planning dvd? if not go to disneys website and order it tonight!

Upvote 0

LadyM

Original Poster
LOL..I have the planning videos form the last 3 or 4 years... I just ordered them to see what was there and to WISH I could be there... I of course don't have the 2007 one..but I do have the 2006 one... :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom