Trip Report It's been 6 years and a global pandemic, but we are back!

Our last trip to WDW was during the summer of 2014. We have since visited six European countries and traveled across the USA (more than once), but we are ready to return to Disneyworld! We began planning over a year ago, fresh on the heels or our latest European adventure. We asked our kids where they wanted to go next summer (2020), Europe or Disney, and they chose Disney (thankfully as we would not be allowed to travel to Europe this summer). I have to say, as much as I enjoyed our visits to Europe, I'm very excited to return to Walt Disney World. So many of our early family adventures were to Disney and I'm excited to be there again now that our kids are older. So much to share since our last visit, and so much to say about our upcoming trip. So much has changed since our original reservation, including a global pandemic. Updates soon!

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
image.jpg

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I know @RickP330 and @Darstarr asked and I'll try my best to answer as a first timer, but the Rise of the Resistance virtual queue was stressful but easy. All four of us had our phones set to join a group. The second the time hit 10 am, we refreshed it. We all then added the four of us and hit confirm. Within 10 seconds we were done in group 22. What made it stressful was they opened Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway early, so we were at the end of the ride when we had to log in. It was actually funny seeing people of all ages on the ride with us doing the same thing. So from what I read and what we experienced, I have to say you need to be ready to log in and do at right at 10 am.

On a side note, there were several breakdowns throughout the day. We did not get the OK to return until almost 1:30, and it went down again. From what the CMs told us, this seems to be the norm the past few days.

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
My concluding thoughts for today:

1. Galaxy's Edge is just amazing, and I'm not a huge Star Wars fan. This place can make you a fan, though. Both rides were great, but Rise of the Resistance was incredible.

2. Bummed I couldn't get the beer flight at Oga's Cantina. It was a cool place to have a beer.

3. Enjoyed Toy Story Land. Slinky Dog Coaster exceeded expectations. The Saucer ride is similar to the Mater Ride in California Adventure. I like the silly Mater music better. I can't believe we walked right onto Midway Mania.

4. It might be because we were away for 6 years, but TOT and RNR were really run.

5. 50s Prime Time meal was ok.

6. I was a bit concerned the past few days that HS crowds would be bigger, but there was no reason to be worried. Could not have been easier today. Its so nice to do Disney at a more relaxed pace and still get more done than I could have imagined.

7. The Skyliners are great.

8. Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway was another huge surprise. So many new rides for us today and none disappointed.

9. Great talking with @fractal and family and @Tuvalu and Em.

Animal Kingdom for us tomorrow with dinner at Raglan Road.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom