Trip Report It's been 6 years and a global pandemic, but we are back!

Our last trip to WDW was during the summer of 2014. We have since visited six European countries and traveled across the USA (more than once), but we are ready to return to Disneyworld! We began planning over a year ago, fresh on the heels or our latest European adventure. We asked our kids where they wanted to go next summer (2020), Europe or Disney, and they chose Disney (thankfully as we would not be allowed to travel to Europe this summer). I have to say, as much as I enjoyed our visits to Europe, I'm very excited to return to Walt Disney World. So many of our early family adventures were to Disney and I'm excited to be there again now that our kids are older. So much to share since our last visit, and so much to say about our upcoming trip. So much has changed since our original reservation, including a global pandemic. Updates soon!

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
5026E7EC-56A8-4B3E-8647-E79D3D05AE88.jpeg
1E998D0E-6477-46C7-902A-6F38F4CF02AF.jpeg
FE0279BC-CC07-4450-A7BE-F9214CCC66C4.jpeg

Just a few from today

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Just a few thoughts tonight before relaxing. I love the limited crowds and the very limited waits. But I do agree with @fractal, that Magic Kingdom is just missing something. The kids said as much walking in today. Brayden said he actually missed the massive crowds, and I understood what he was saying. I'm not sure you can really understand what we felt unless you experience it. Believe me though, the short lines really made up for it soon enough.

As far as masks, for us they weren't an issue. Brayden and I have to wear them at work, so we are used to it. At times, I forgot I had it on.

Our Amazon delivery went well, other than the driver called me three times while trying to check in and some refrigerated items were mistakingly left unrefrigerated. We will use the service again.

The Riviera Resort is beautiful. The one bedroom is huge. Plenty of room for two adults and two older teen kids.

Finally, it was nice to meet both @fractal and @Tuvalu and their families. Can't wait to see his pictures from this trip, and I'm bummed we just missed a ride on BTMRR with her. Hope to meet up tomorrow in HS.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Liberty Tree dessert. Oh my god!!!!

Can't wait to eat there on the 28th - that's our departure dinner before we start our 14 hours of fun in the car...

Just a few thoughts tonight before relaxing. I love the limited crowds and the very limited waits. But I do agree with
@fractal, that Magic Kingdom is just missing something. The kids said as much walking in today. Brayden said he actually missed the massive crowds, and I understood what he was saying. I'm not sure you can really understand what we felt unless you experience it. Believe me though, the short lines really made up for it soon enough.

I agree. There are definitely some things missing. The lack of crowds is definitely weird and at times unsettling, but the short lines do help to make up for it. The lack of shows/parade/fireworks definitely changes the way a day looks and feels and while it makes us much less rushed it definitely is a missing element. For us, though, just getting away from home for a bit has made a huge psychological difference in our state of mind.

As far as masks, for us they weren't an issue. Brayden and I have to wear them at work, so we are used to it. At times, I forgot I had it on.

No issue with masks for our family either - however, the beard sweat level is exponentially higher than usual. TMI??

The Riviera Resort is beautiful. The one bedroom is huge. Plenty of room for two adults and two older teen kids.

We are having breakfast at Topolino's on Sunday. We got to tour the Riviera last year, but are very excited to actually come in to eat.

So glad you guys got in safely and enjoyed your first day at Magic Kingdom. Good luck at Studios today - hope it is as successful for you as it was for us yesterday.

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Good Morning. Getting ready to make our way to Hollywood Studios this morning. Hope to start with Mickey and Minnie's and get into the 10 am boarding group for Rise of the Resistance. We have lunch ADRs at 50s Prime Time and a later drink ADR for Oga's Cantina. I'll be on the lookout for @fractal and @Tuvalu from early afternoon on.

Oga's question: Does anyone know if you can get the beer flight without the fancy $75 board? Don't need the board, just the beer. I have read that people resell it online, but I really don't want the hassle. I just want to try the 🍻!

Hope you all have a great day and thanks for following along.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Good Morning. Getting ready to make our way to Hollywood Studios this morning. Hope to start with Mickey and Minnie's and get into the 10 am boarding group for Rise of the Resistance. We have lunch ADRs at 50s Prime Time and a later drink ADR for Oga's Cantina. I'll be on the lookout for @fractal and @Tuvalu from early afternoon on.

Oga's question: Does anyone know if you can get the beer flight without the fancy $75 board? Don't need the board, just the beer. I have read that people resell it online, but I really don't want the hassle. I just want to try the 🍻!

Hope you all have a great day and thanks for following along.
Yes you can get the beer flight without the board. Just let your server know.

Also, I was avoiding you yesterday because I was so busy at work but it’s official, todays work day shot as I will be checking for Updates constantly😂

p.s. some of us are boarding group procedure obsessed
would you mind giving us the details? Thanks

PacNWTigger

I'm curious about how it was at the airport. We will be flying from Portland, OR, and that seems to be our biggest hang up about travelling in September. Any tips or things you noticed would be extremely helpful. Thanks!!

Disstevefan1

Just a few thoughts tonight before relaxing. I love the limited crowds and the very limited waits. But I do agree with @fractal, that Magic Kingdom is just missing something. The kids said as much walking in today. Brayden said he actually missed the massive crowds, and I understood what he was saying. I'm not sure you can really understand what we felt unless you experience it. Believe me though, the short lines really made up for it soon enough.

Our Amazon delivery went well, other than the driver called me three times while trying to check in and some refrigerated items were mistakingly left unrefrigerated. We will use the service again.

Finally, it was nice to meet both @fractal and @Tuvalu and their families. Can't wait to see his pictures from this trip, and I'm bummed we just missed a ride on BTMRR with her. Hope to meet up tomorrow in HS.

I understand feeing strange with the low crowds, but it feels strange because we all experienced the awful overcrowding at WDW for decades! My last visit to WDW was a day in November at at F&W, it was so mobbed we could not visit even one food booth!!

You are truly visiting WDW at truly special and magical time. Never mind the strange feelings and enjoy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom