Trip Report It's been 6 years and a global pandemic, but we are back!

Our last trip to WDW was during the summer of 2014. We have since visited six European countries and traveled across the USA (more than once), but we are ready to return to Disneyworld! We began planning over a year ago, fresh on the heels or our latest European adventure. We asked our kids where they wanted to go next summer (2020), Europe or Disney, and they chose Disney (thankfully as we would not be allowed to travel to Europe this summer). I have to say, as much as I enjoyed our visits to Europe, I'm very excited to return to Walt Disney World. So many of our early family adventures were to Disney and I'm excited to be there again now that our kids are older. So much to share since our last visit, and so much to say about our upcoming trip. So much has changed since our original reservation, including a global pandemic. Updates soon!

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Tell me more about this gluten free chicken at Prime Time, we have a reservation there Sunday and my wife likes to avoid gluten if she can.
You will need to go to the restaurant at least an hour before your reservation to let them know you want to order the GF fried chicken. It takes awhile to prepare. They will let the chef know. They also have a GF crab cake, which she tried as well. We all sampled the crab cake. It was pretty good, but the relish its served on stole the dish. The GF fried chicken has always been good.

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
A rundown of our day at Animal Kingdom:

We arrived at 7:50 and walked straight to Flight of Passage. We walked right onto the ride. Seven minutes later we took our first flight. It was awesome. We were given the option to go right back on, but I'm not sure I can ride that one back to back. We then rode Na'vi River and were pleased. We really didn't know what to expect, but I've read bad things about Na'vi. Not sure why. Its not a thrill ride, but its great visually.

Total rides in Pandora on the day: FOP (2), Na'vi (2), plus one green beer

IMG_8983.JPG

We then rode the Kilimanjaro Safari. No pictures, but it was a great ride highlighted by a charging ostrich and great views of three lions.

We made our way to Expedition Everest and rode twice. Total EE rides today: (3)

After a donut break for Brayden, we went to Dinoland to ride Dinosaur. As I mentioned earlier, my magic band fell off the first time. We walked around to get back on and I alerted a CM about the band. As we got on the car, Crystal reached under the storage bag and there was my band. We were seated in the same row of the same car! Total rides on Dinosaur today (4). Madelyn also took a tumble down the steps. No injuries, just another funny Maddy wipeout.

After returning to Pandora, we had lunch at Restaurantosaurus. We hoped to eat at Nomad Lounger, but there was an hour wait. No biggie. Next time.

After lunch we rode Dinosaur, EE, and Kali River Rapids (without getting wet). Tried to meet @fractal and family, but we were too late. Ended up talking for a bit then walking out for the day.

Dinner reservations tonight at Raglan Road. Crystal hoping for GF fish and chips. We were only there once. Will be nice to be back there.

Songbird76

Rode Dinosaur three times. Didn’t even need to leave our seat the last time.

Side note: Lost my magic band the first time. Thankfully we got the same exact car the second ride and it was still there! 👍
I thought I read that they are doing away with the free magic bands and switching to a card system. If you want a magic band, you have to buy one. I take it that change hasn't taken place. Do you just need the fastpass for park entrance and room key since there is no fastpass right now?

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I thought I read that they are doing away with the free magic bands and switching to a card system. If you want a magic band, you have to buy one. I take it that change hasn't taken place. Do you just need the fastpass for park entrance and room key since there is no fastpass right now?
Still using the magic band for park entry, to pay, and for you resort room door. Other than me losing the band for about 10 minutes, they've worked great.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Not much beats a good beer.
View attachment 485674

Hey! Hope you had a great night at Raglan Road. We had the Reef Donkey as one of our drinks tonight at CityWorks. Sorry we didn't end up heading over to Raglan to say hello. After those beers and a little quick shopping we found ourselves back at OKW for nightcaps at Gurgling Suitcase. My beers say hello to yours! Our were great, but nothing satisfies like a Kilkenny and a stout at Raglan Road!
IMG_8937.jpg

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Hey! Hope you had a great night at Raglan Road. We had the Reef Donkey as one of our drinks tonight at CityWorks. Sorry we didn't end up heading over to Raglan to say hello. After those beers and a little quick shopping we found ourselves back at OKW for nightcaps at Gurgling Suitcase. My beers say hello to yours! Our were great, but nothing satisfies like a Kilkenny and a stout at Raglan Road!
View attachment 485719
Sorry you couldn’t make it. Just leaving now. Details later

newhorizons1

Is your daughter's middle name really Grace or was that a dad joke? Because if so, I have a Madeline Grace as well.

How did you like the experience of Oga's? I've only been once, and it was packed. Even for a group of 10 at a booth we ended up having two other parties sat with us. I'm contemplating doing it again with limited capacity just to be able to enjoy it more but still hope it keeps some of the raucous vibe it had.

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Is your daughter's middle name really Grace or was that a dad joke? Because if so, I have a Madeline Grace as well.

How did you like the experience of Oga's? I've only been once, and it was packed. Even for a group of 10 at a booth we ended up having two other parties sat with us. I'm contemplating doing it again with limited capacity just to be able to enjoy it more but still hope it keeps some of the raucous vibe it had.
Her name is Madelyn Grace.

Oga's was ok. Had really hoped to try the beer flight, but I understand its not possible now. Also, we stood the entire time, so we were ready to leave sooner than we would have had we had seats. We also didn't get anything to eat, so I can't judge the food. Having said that, we'd go back, especially with the low crowds.

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
7FD73789-7553-4FF9-A967-534B0603F058.jpeg

Raglan Road dinner was fantastic. The food was good, but the company better. Ended up having dinner with @fractal and his family and we couldn't have had more fun (although @fractal jr may have wished things stayed open a tad longer). Got seated about 8, and left after 10:30. The night ended with a $100 challenge for Toni to dance on stage with the band and the rest of us singing Sweet Caroline. So much fun!

E00FD333-E889-4F76-AAAB-67CCFC64AF87.jpeg

4F419F2A-37EC-40A6-B2AE-86FCA184DBEA.jpeg

As far as dinner goes, Crystal's GF fish and chips did not disappoint. I enjoyed their beer selection. Started with the King of Shoals IPA, the Ragland Road Irish Stout, Bloomsday Pale Ale, Grand Irish Red Ale, De Cider Belgian Wiite Cider, and finished with an Up River Pale Ale. The scallops were outstanding. Shepard's pie solid as well

CF19370A-C7D9-40A4-A50A-46BA5FB78105.jpeg
9DEF1999-633A-4BED-B6F9-684B370443B2.jpeg

After leaving Ragland Road, we stopped at Sprinkles and used the cupcake ATM to get two GF cupcakes.

11D7D909-EDAC-4010-A7C7-75ECC03AAAB7.jpeg

Off to Epcot tomorrow.

Last edited:

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
How did you find Everest with a mask? Does it feel like it will fall off, or make it harder to breath at all when going fast?
The mask does slip a bit, but doesn't come off. Now Rockin' Rollercoaster, the mask came down below my mouth each time we rode. Never had an issue breathing. The masks haven't bothered me at all. 3D glasses did fog up on Midway Mania and Flight of Passage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom