It's a Small World UPDATE!...

Danamac

Here are some links to the snopes pages about what attractions people have died on. Almost (if not all) of them were because the guest was being careless.

http://www.snopes.com/disney/parks/deaths.htm
http://www.snopes.com/disney/parks/amersing.htm
http://www.snopes.com/disney/parks/bodywars.htm

Doesn't look like IASW is on the list...and speaking of IASW, those pictures are amazing. I'm a little dissapointed, because I missed it on my last trip, and it's going to be closed this time around
icon9.gif

imagineerfan

Not to change the subject, but when I was in DL this summer, I noticed that the facade outside IASW was mostly white and a little gold. I thought it looked pretty ugly. I always thought it was bright and colorful. Did they recently paint it for the 50th celebration, or has it always been that color?

Scruffy

imagineerfan said:
Not to change the subject, but when I was in DL this summer, I noticed that the facade outside IASW was mostly white and a little gold. I thought it looked pretty ugly. I always thought it was bright and colorful. Did they recently paint it for the 50th celebration, or has it always been that color?
When Its A Small World Came back from the fair. The Building was white and gold liked it does now. If you look on the Disneyland DVD or other old Disneyland tv shows that are in color you will see that it was at one time the building was white and gold.

DarkMeasures

Mary Blair design the SmallWorld facade in a way that it can always be repainted a different color scheme to fit in with the times. A very smart idea I think. Too bad her other works were not like that.

thevetteman

And the thing that supprised me the most when that person died that day is was the ride was open again that night. I can not believe Disney did that they should have looked into the problem some more and changed the problem.

thevetteman

Well I heard he slipped and hit his head and he was under water not moving because he was knocked out and then the boat ran over him. And if u wanted to know I was at the part before the drop in the dark when the ride stoppeed my boat and then we had to wait 20 minutes before they came and got us. They took us out back behind splash mountain and there were fire trucks and rescue units about 3 of each i think. They made us then walk on a yellow line until we got near the gift shop of splash mountain and then they took us through a door and then my family asked a family what had happened.

peter11435

thevetteman said:
And the thing that supprised me the most when that person died that day is was the ride was open again that night. I can not believe Disney did that they should have looked into the problem some more and changed the problem.
There was no problem to fix. Someone stupidly got out of the log half way through the ride, then tried to cross the flume, fell in and got hit by another log. There is really no way to prevent this from happening other than attempting to rid the world of ignorant people.

m star

That's probably why you can't unbuckle your seat belt on Kali River Rapids, and the ride won't start unless everyone buckles them.

peter11435

m star said:
That's probably why you can't unbuckle your seat belt on Kali River Rapids, and the ride won't start unless everyone buckles them.
Yes, and all Disney attractions with seatbelts have this same feature. That is why on rides like Dinosaur, the CM's buckle the belts if no one is sitting in the seat.

peter11435

hcwalker16 said:
Which one are you talking about? (I wasn't aware that there was more than one on Splash Mtn.)
As far as I know there has only ever been one. Other than possibly someone who had a heart attack or something like that.

DisneyMan

Thelazer said:
I'm not kidding, you would not even recognize the load/unload area. The only thing left is the ride control tower, that's it. All the painting, ramps, etc.. GONE! In it's place, lots of plaster dust.

Why stop now? Remove the ride and put something else in its place. I know most of you like this ride but I feel its only advantage is to rest your feet when ya need it or get a migraine with the most repetitive song in the world! To me this is one of those rides as soon as it starts you I wish it would end!

-DisneyMan :sohappy:

Expo_Seeker40

God one of the most horrid deaths I know of is the young cast member who died in the carousel of progress WOOOPS! America Sings @ the carousel theater in Disneyland.

Supposedly her ghost haunts the pavilion that is now Innoventions @ tomorrowland, but I dunno, it was so tragic. :lookaroun

peter11435

thevetteman said:
The one when the man was ran over by the boat, I will have to ask my parents about the date when it happened.
Then that is the incident I am reffering too. It was 100% the mans fault.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom