• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

'It's A Small World' effects status

JustAFan

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I rode It's A Small World a couple of days ago and it looks to be in bad repair. One of the platforms that dances dolls around in a circle was not moving. Those dolls were facing away from you. Movement on some of the dolls was more limited than normal. The sombrero hanging on a wall in the Mexico section was busted with a hole in the top. This ride needs some attention. Anyone else notice?

Chef Mickey

This attraction has too many issues to even track. So many moving parts, there is always something broken.

It's a shame, because it's all very simple and cheap...just pure laziness.

GSP Guy

Was just on a trip from 11/3-11/20. Noticed a broken cable that held a hot air balloon but what was really bad is numerous broken ceiling tiles. They are clearly nothing more than basic ceiling tiles painted black and one area had so many broken you could see how they would access them from above. Estimated repair time per tile probably 3 minutes post paint so I couldn't fathom how something like that doesn't get dealt with quickly and move on to the next project.

peter11435

Was just on a trip from 11/3-11/20. Noticed a broken cable that held a hot air balloon but what was really bad is numerous broken ceiling tiles. They are clearly nothing more than basic ceiling tiles painted black and one area had so many broken you could see how they would access them from above. Estimated repair time per tile probably 3 minutes post paint so I couldn't fathom how something like that doesn't get dealt with quickly and move on to the next project.
They are not broken. They are intentionally missing. Have been for years.

GSP Guy

They are not broken. They are intentionally missing. Have been for years.
Thanks for your response.
Any idea why? Many were partial tiles that certainly weren't symmetrical at the breaks. If it were to allow clear passage for cables for example there are many plastic or fiberglass options that could have been installed in the tiles to give a much cleaner and more professional appearance. I just found it all so curious because while I would imagine that many issues would be costly to repair in their attractions this particular issue would be easy and relatively inexpensive to address.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Rode it yesterday. Except for the first upside down carousel not working, the only other issue I noticed was the main audio not being on in the Polynesia room. But that allowed me to confirm that the background audio was working very well. I was hearing things I never heard before such as the Can-Can Dancers' "woos"; and all the various additions to the music in the native cultures. For example, in Polynesia, the Hawaiian steel guitars and Tiki drums were playing an orchestration of the music in their own manner. And throughout, I heard other such additions from other instruments.

And that's very good. The big complaint of IaSW is the repetitiveness of the music, so, it's good to hear those variations.

But the Sinbad ride in Tokyo does it better.

Top Bottom