It's 2018, and I am ready to go back to a flip phone...

Do you want to go back to a flip phone?

• Eh...what's a flip phone? *hands you a flip phone* What is this garbage??

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kind of...? I miss the clam style of those phones and physical keyboards.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Yes yes, I know we now live in an informative world where all the information you could ever want is at your fingertips...but I am missing the flip phone.

My number one reason is that I mainly just use my phone now for social media platforms and picture taking.

And to be honest, I am getting fed up with social media. (Besides this forum of course...well there are certain days...)

*cough cough

Anyhoo, I decided to post this poll to see what you guys think.

Would you go back to a flip phone today?

winstongator

I probably use my phone too much. I don't think I'd go back to a flip phone.

Negatives: I don't remember exactly what spurred it, but I took FB & Twitter off my phone. Definitely cuts down usage of those, and am probably close to deleting those accounts. There are a lot of time sink apps that are probably net negative influences on people.

Positives: Maps helps a ton. I love podcasts. Following sports scores is nice. Checking your plans in MDE. I use it to link to a HR monitor when I run & bike.

Minnesota disney fan

I only have a flip phone. I only turn it on when I am out and about and expect to hear from someone. Otherwise, it's off. As you can tell, I don't like to be "connected" 24/7. I prefer people who want to talk to me to call on the phone (I have a home line), and don't text. So you didn't have the option of, "I have one already". :)

lilclerk

My boyfriend never made the jump to smartphones. He still uses a flip phone, and we don't have a house phone so it's his main communication tool. I mean, when he's home he goes on his computer to look at social media, FB messenger, whatever, but he doesn't feel the need for the constant access to it. I also think that he loves that it's a little more difficult for someone to get in touch with him and bug him - like, they need to know his phone number rather than just finding him on Facebook.

Me, I love my smartphone to listen to podcasts, music, games, and I read books on it to pass the time.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Have you given any thought to quitting all social media (except this site, of course)? I used to have Snapchat and I deleted it a long time ago and I have zero desire to ever get it again. I've never really used other social media either. I had a Twitter for a few months in high school but found that to be annoying as well. I honestly feel a lot happier not having to see people I don't care about and their fake lives all the time. By quitting social media, you can still have the functionality of a smart phone, without the added drama and garbage. To be honest, I used a ZTE keyboard phone for about a year a couple years ago. Before that, I had iPhones, but didn't feel like I needed the extra features. I now use a Samsung Galaxy, and I only went back to smart phones because I got to the point where I needed some apps on the go, plus I was a bit embarrassed whenever I pulled that bad boy out. Give it some thought and I wish you luck.
Thanks!

Yes, I did give it some thought and you are absolutely right. Because I still need certain apps for finance and what not, in keeping the phone I have I am working on cutting back on social media. That has been the biggest problem. The less I use those platforms, the less stressed I am because I can't stand to see the fake. I really can't. I don't really even post anything about my life, but to see someone I know who is not doing good for themselves or who are in a bad relationship post something so opposite and completely outrageously fake infuriates me to the core.

I went even further and started blocking people which I have had moments of guilt, but none of regret.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Yes yes, I know we now live in an informative world where all the information you could ever want is at your fingertips...but I am missing the flip phone.

My number one reason is that I mainly just use my phone now for social media platforms and picture taking.

I'll be contrarian, it's not Social Media, its Anti social media.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom