• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

It's 2018, and I am ready to go back to a flip phone...

Do you want to go back to a flip phone?

• Eh...what's a flip phone? *hands you a flip phone* What is this garbage??

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kind of...? I miss the clam style of those phones and physical keyboards.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KBLovesDisney

Original Poster
Yes yes, I know we now live in an informative world where all the information you could ever want is at your fingertips...but I am missing the flip phone.

My number one reason is that I mainly just use my phone now for social media platforms and picture taking.

And to be honest, I am getting fed up with social media. (Besides this forum of course...well there are certain days...)

*cough cough

Anyhoo, I decided to post this poll to see what you guys think.

Would you go back to a flip phone today?

winstongator

Advertisement
I probably use my phone too much. I don't think I'd go back to a flip phone.

Negatives: I don't remember exactly what spurred it, but I took FB & Twitter off my phone. Definitely cuts down usage of those, and am probably close to deleting those accounts. There are a lot of time sink apps that are probably net negative influences on people.

Positives: Maps helps a ton. I love podcasts. Following sports scores is nice. Checking your plans in MDE. I use it to link to a HR monitor when I run & bike.

Minnesota disney fan

I only have a flip phone. I only turn it on when I am out and about and expect to hear from someone. Otherwise, it's off. As you can tell, I don't like to be "connected" 24/7. I prefer people who want to talk to me to call on the phone (I have a home line), and don't text. So you didn't have the option of, "I have one already". :)

KBLovesDisney

Original Poster
I only have a flip phone. I only turn it on when I am out and about and expect to hear from someone. Otherwise, it's off. As you can tell, I don't like to be "connected" 24/7. I prefer people who want to talk to me to call on the phone (I have a home line), and don't text. So you didn't have the option of, "I have one already". :)
Fixed it!;)

lilclerk

My boyfriend never made the jump to smartphones. He still uses a flip phone, and we don't have a house phone so it's his main communication tool. I mean, when he's home he goes on his computer to look at social media, FB messenger, whatever, but he doesn't feel the need for the constant access to it. I also think that he loves that it's a little more difficult for someone to get in touch with him and bug him - like, they need to know his phone number rather than just finding him on Facebook.

Me, I love my smartphone to listen to podcasts, music, games, and I read books on it to pass the time.

KBLovesDisney

Original Poster
Have you given any thought to quitting all social media (except this site, of course)? I used to have Snapchat and I deleted it a long time ago and I have zero desire to ever get it again. I've never really used other social media either. I had a Twitter for a few months in high school but found that to be annoying as well. I honestly feel a lot happier not having to see people I don't care about and their fake lives all the time. By quitting social media, you can still have the functionality of a smart phone, without the added drama and garbage. To be honest, I used a ZTE keyboard phone for about a year a couple years ago. Before that, I had iPhones, but didn't feel like I needed the extra features. I now use a Samsung Galaxy, and I only went back to smart phones because I got to the point where I needed some apps on the go, plus I was a bit embarrassed whenever I pulled that bad boy out. Give it some thought and I wish you luck.
Thanks!

Yes, I did give it some thought and you are absolutely right. Because I still need certain apps for finance and what not, in keeping the phone I have I am working on cutting back on social media. That has been the biggest problem. The less I use those platforms, the less stressed I am because I can't stand to see the fake. I really can't. I don't really even post anything about my life, but to see someone I know who is not doing good for themselves or who are in a bad relationship post something so opposite and completely outrageously fake infuriates me to the core.

I went even further and started blocking people which I have had moments of guilt, but none of regret.

networkpro

Yes yes, I know we now live in an informative world where all the information you could ever want is at your fingertips...but I am missing the flip phone.

My number one reason is that I mainly just use my phone now for social media platforms and picture taking.

I'll be contrarian, it's not Social Media, its Anti social media.

Top Bottom