It WAS the soap!

mm121

To be honest, I'm surprised they haven't implemented something like this in the photo.

metro-hotel-on-pitt.jpg

Stick a pair of Mickey ears on the top....splash the generic 'Disney Resorts' across the middle and voila!

It would save them an absolute fortune....and actually do something positive for their green credentials.
while in theory they seem ok, they weird people out.

and doesn't really say "luxury" says more city gym experience
I'm glad that they haven't. It would look ugly, and what if the person in the room before me played a "practical joke" and put something like hair remover or something in there. Yikes!
well if they get the right type of dispensers they require a special key to unlock them,

not saying they still couldn't possibly be tampered with but that at least is an attempt to make it more difficult

From what I have been told, those just do not work out well in hotels.

On the surface they look like a great idea. Buy the stuff in 55 gallon barrels at a fraction of the cost and just keep them full. Less waste, less work...everybody wins.

The reality is the dispensers leak, or break, people somehow knock them off the walls and many germaphobes will not touch the things.

it just kind of screams cheap to me whenever i see them in hotels, while yea they may be environmentally friendly, so could the little bottles if hotels put a recycling bin the the rooms.

Tobe

I loved those little bottles with the mouse ears on top! I never saw them at WDW, but they were in our rooms in DL. I kept some of mine from that trip. I fill them with my own shampoo and travel with them sometimes instead of bringing the whole bottle. :)

They are adorable but we have had problems with those cute little mouse ears catching on things in our luggage or shaving kits and opening up. Not so much fun coming home and unpacking a bag where shampoo and conditioner have leaked all over everything.

I still love the concept though!

Matt_Black

They are adorable but we have had problems with those cute little mouse ears catching on things in our luggage or shaving kits and opening up. Not so much fun coming home and unpacking a bag where shampoo and conditioner have leaked all over everything.

I still love the concept though!

Ziplock bags or wrap them in a small piece of tissue paper.

Jon81uk

To be honest, I'm surprised they haven't implemented something like this in the photo.

metro-hotel-on-pitt.jpg

Stick a pair of Mickey ears on the top....splash the generic 'Disney Resorts' across the middle and voila!

It would save them an absolute fortune....and actually do something positive for their green credentials.

We stayed at All Star Movies about 13 years ago and they had something similar.

I don't mind the dispensers if they are filled with quality product, my gym has these and the Malin+Goetz product is amazing!
malingoetzopusvancouver.jpg

Cluno

We had Mickey ears bottles at POR just the other week. Super cute, but our housekeeper wasn't overly generous with them, which was disappointing. With 5 people in the room, a teeny bottle of shampoo/conditioner every other day didn't really cut it. On the other hand, when we stayed at Coronado Springs 6 years ago, we got 3 sets of shampoo/conditioner/soap/lotion every day. It was a bit excessive, but I didn't mind. :)

PinnySmart

I could settle for Disney using Basin White or Basin products instead. They could even have the handcut soaps with the mickey heads in them in the rooms with a mini shower gel, lotion, shampoo/conditioner bars, and bath bomb/bath salts.

I mean, they have both stores on property (Basin White at GF and Basin at DTD/DS), so why not use their products in the resorts? :joyfull:

Not to mention I :inlove: their products! :cool:
I love the Basin and Basin White products. The body butter saved my skin this last winter. I always stock up while at WDW or in Las Vegas.
The H2o products are must better on my skin and hair than the previous product but I do miss the Mickey boxed soap. I have several bags from trips in the 90's and early 2000's. I display some in my Disney bathroom here at home and change them out as the boxes become worn.

SSH

great seeing that Mickey box...I'm another one who forgot about those and they bring back memories. But LOVE the little mouse ears. I have a sealed set of 4 displayed in my guest bathroom.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
We stayed at All Star Movies about 13 years ago and they had something similar.

I don't mind the dispensers if they are filled with quality product, my gym has these and the Malin+Goetz product is amazing!
malingoetzopusvancouver.jpg
While the Peppermint Shampoo and Cilantro conditioner seem all well and good, I'm just not so sure about the Rum Body Wash.

I can just imagine being pulled over after leaving the gym and and a big waft of rum hitting the policeman's nose!

Tobe

We had Mickey ears bottles at POR just the other week. Super cute, but our housekeeper wasn't overly generous with them, which was disappointing. With 5 people in the room, a teeny bottle of shampoo/conditioner every other day didn't really cut it. On the other hand, when we stayed at Coronado Springs 6 years ago, we got 3 sets of shampoo/conditioner/soap/lotion every day. It was a bit excessive, but I didn't mind. :)

Likewise - We had Mickey ears bottles at All-Star Music last week and POR this last Monday.

I agree, they have seemed to have gotten a bit stingy with the toiletries. Especially on the Disney Dream. This was our first cruise and from what I had read previously it sounded like they brought more toiletries every time they came into your room. Didn't get a single replacement the entire cruise. Granted it was only a 3 day cruise and we didn't run out but I had hoped to get a couple extra bottles of the Shampoo to take home. Oh well still had a great time on the cruise. I would highly recommend it to everyone.

MKCP 1985

Believe it or not, the value resorts actually had these dispensers for a very short (thankfully!!) time.
They did! And that was the last time I stayed there, too. It was the year the Eagles lost to the Patriots in the Super Bowl, I believe.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom