Trip Report It Is What It Is... Our Journey To The Dark Side...Sept 2023 (Completed)

Hey there everyone!

We are back! I have to say, it was a Disney trip that was VERY different from those in the past. I am happy and excited to share it all with you all, as long as you are patient with me. Lol. You know – me -the one that takes 4 plus years to finish up a report!

That being said, I need to take care of some unfinished business before I start this epic tale. If you don’t know what I mean…. Here is the link to September 2019 trip which I am desperately trying to wrap up.

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/from-droids-to-toys…-texting-the-boy-and-can-we-just-blame-it-on-captain-hook-our-september-2019-disney-journey-including-another-ross’-return.960569/

Thanks to all of you who helped get me excited for this trip and gave me such good advice and tips for our journey!

Here we go…

IMG_0010.jpg

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
We headed back over to Future World, and was happy to say Figment was basically a walk on again. So we did when we got off the ride, Hope saw Figment and wanted to wait to meet him for me.

IMG_0084.JPG
IMG_0089.JPG

The line was probably about 45 minutes. It really did move fast and it was fun to watch him and we got to meet him! I mentioned to him that he needed to talk to Mickey cause his pavilion needed some love!

IMG_0247.JPG
IMG_0250.JPG
IMG_0253.JPG
IMG_0255.JPG
IMG_0258.JPG

After Figment, we had a return time for Soarin, so we went over towards The Land. While we were there, we got a phone call from Julia, letting us know that Nicolas wasn’t feeling well and went back to the room. I don’t think he was sick, I think he was just overwhelmed with everything and it was getting to him. She wanted to know if she could come and hang out with us. I told her to meet us at the end of Soarin.

I felt bad that Nicolas was sick, but it was kind of nice to have Julia back with us.

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
We went over to do finding Nemo and then turtle talk with crush. Crush informed us about blowing bubbles under water. (Farting). Lol

IMG_0267.JPG
IMG_0268.JPG
IMG_0270.JPG

We had dinner reservations at the Garden Grill for 5 PM. It was only going to be me, Ross and Hope. Julia and Nicolas didn’t want to eat there. Instead, they were going to do Morimoto Asia on a different night. I asked at the podium if Julia could just sit with us without eating (she wasn't hungry), but they told me we were not only paying for food, but we were paying for the character experience, so no. So, since we couldn’t just tell Julia to wait for us outside the restaurant, she joined us.

IMG_0100.JPG
IMG_0101.JPG
IMG_0104.JPG
IMG_0112.JPG

IMG_0123.JPG
IMG_0124.JPG

The food was OK, it was better than Ohana, but not as good as Woody’s Roundup Rodeo. But again, I’m not sure I would pay this price again for what we got. (Of course, that would change in a couple of months.)

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
When we were done eating, we went back on Soarin because Julia had not ridden it that day.

IMG_0173.JPG

After that, the girls and I walked back over to Figment while Ross went to visit the restrooms. I purchased a few things at the gift shop.

IMG_0175.JPG
IMG_0176.JPG
IMG_0181.JPG

Our boarding group for Guardians was called, so we started to make our way over there.

It is such an awesome ride - but we didn't get a picture. It took a long time to walk through, even though we changed our virtual cue to lightning lane.

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
After that we split up. Ross and Hope want to test track... and Julia and I went to Ratatouille – she hadn’t ridden yet.

IMG_0187.JPG

Ratatouille was better than our first ride and I definitely could recognize that our earlier ride had pauses in it.

Ross and Hope got stuck on test track.

IMG_0273.JPG

Julia and I went to the bakery and crème brûlée. I got a pack of macrons too.

IMG_0195.JPG
IMG_0196.JPG

We watched Epcot Forever then walked to the SkyLiner.

IMG_0201.JPG
IMG_0203.JPG
IMG_0204.JPG
IMG_0206.JPG

Julia got some food for Nick in the food court and then we said good night.

I went to sleep excited because we had a very special character meal planned for Sunday!

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
You all had such a fun day at Epcot together! Sorry Nick wasn't feeling well but glad you got some family time with Julia.

Thank you! It was a lot of fun!

Oh, we understand this one totally! It's very hard to share them sometimes.

Yes- it sure is!!

oooooh.... I can't wait to hear what characters you got to eat with! :rolleyes:

lol

This made me laugh!

You got some great pics in World showcase!

Thank you!!

Honestly, I usually HATE when Disney changes rides - but I wish they would change Mexico's boat ride to Coco. I think that would be awesome!!

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sunday September 17th 2023

So as I mentioned, we had a very special breakfast planned for this morning. Nick was feeling better so he joined us. We made our way to the busses and made our way to Disney Springs.

IMG_0275.JPG
IMG_0280.JPG
IMG_0279.JPG

It was brunch time at one of our favorites..

IMG_0281.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG
IMG_0286.JPG
IMG_0284.JPG

As happy as I was with our reservation to Homecoming, I was most excited because we met our dear friends @dizfan917 and Kevin!!! I was quite honored that he took time out of his very special day to share a meal with my crazy crew!!

IMG_0296.JPG

And as amazing the Hallelujah Biscuits were, the company far exceeded it.

IMG_0293.JPG

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
After our breakfast, Nick announced he was tired and wanted to back to the resort. He wanted to sleep for a while. I felt bad for him but even more for Julia. I just don’t think Nick was getting the Disney vibes. I told my girl she could come hang out with us and she was happy to join us. I think I was happier than she was. Lol

Before we could leave DS, Hope wanted to visit the Lego Store. She wanted to make a custom Lego mini figure. Of course, Julia made one too!

IMG_0303.JPG
IMG_0299.JPG
IMG_0321.JPG
IMG_0322.JPG

It was a cute experience. However, after making the mini figure, we found out the store was having a building experience. The girls got in line and build a small figure.

IMG_0330.JPG
IMG_0329.JPG
IMG_0334.JPG
IMG_0319.JPG
IMG_0333.JPG
IMG_0340.JPG

To my shock… it was FREE!!

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
After we had our fill of Lego's, we took a bus back to POP, donned our bathing suits and then boarded another bus to Typhoon Lagoon.

IMG_0347.JPG
IMG_0352.JPG
IMG_0354.JPG

IMG_0358.JPG
IMG_0359.JPG

Unfortunately, the busses ran soooo slow! We didn’t get to TL until almost 3pm. Still, we had a great time.

IMG_0373.JPG

We made sure to get some mini doughnuts and frozen lemonade. We spent most of our time in the lazy river and a bit in the wave pool.

IMG_0376.JPG
IMG_0360.JPG
IMG_0363.JPG

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
We made it back to POP and changed clothes. Julia rejoined Nick and would spend the night with him. Ross, Hope and I made our way to HS. It was a beautiful night and Hope really wanted to see Fantasmic! after the disastrous rain out.

We had time to do a couple of rides before the show.

IMG_0388.JPG
IMG_0419.JPG
IMG_0394.JPG
IMG_0398.JPG
IMG_0395.JPG

And Hope had been wanting to see the cartoon shorts

IMG_0400.JPG

I am very happy to report that Fantasmic! had a successful showing. I had a very happy Hope!

IMG_0414.JPG
IMG_0418.JPG

After we decided to end the day where we began it…. DS. No moonshine though – just our favorite pizza!!

IMG_0406.JPG
IMG_0409.JPG

We trudged off to bed. Julia said Nick had slept most of the day and was feeling better. Like I said, he wasn’t sick – the heat and the Disney rush was just getting to him.

Songbird76

We made it back to POP and changed clothes. Julia rejoined Nick and would spend the night with him. Ross, Hope and I made our way to HS. It was a beautiful night and Hope really wanted to see Fantasmic! after the disastrous rain out.

We had time to do a couple of rides before the show.

View attachment 807745View attachment 807754View attachment 807749View attachment 807750View attachment 807748

And Hope had been wanting to see the cartoon shorts

View attachment 807751

I am very happy to report that Fantasmic! had a successful showing. I had a very happy Hope!

View attachment 807752View attachment 807753

After we decided to end the day where we began it…. DS. No moonshine though – just our favorite pizza!!

View attachment 807746View attachment 807747

We trudged off to bed. Julia said Nick had slept most of the day and was feeling better. Like I said, he wasn’t sick – the heat and the Disney rush was just getting to him.
It's good that Nick at least knows his limits and takes the rest instead of pushing on and ruining it for the rest of you. Trust me when I say it's no fun to Disney with someone who really isn't into it but refuses to let the group split up. No one gets to have fun.

I love Julia's swim suit. Very pretty color of purple!

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
It's good that Nick at least knows his limits and takes the rest instead of pushing on and ruining it for the rest of you. Trust me when I say it's no fun to Disney with someone who really isn't into it but refuses to let the group split up. No one gets to have fun.

I love Julia's swim suit. Very pretty color of purple!

Julia says a big Thank you!

I agree - I'm happy Nick took some breaks. I was just wishing he would be a little more into it... especially for Julia.

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm glad you all had such a great time together! It's always nice when you get a freebie at DS! Glad Nick was feeling better. I hope he felt regenerated after a day of rest and enjoyed the Disney bubble for the rest of the trip!

Thank you!!

Yes - a freebie is fun and rare at Disney!! lol Nick did ok... Disney was NOT his thing and that's ok. He was a good sport about it. I have a feeling he would really love Universal. I think Julia was hoping he would be more into it so I think that's what made me a little sad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom