It. Has. Begun......

MousDad

That is what folks said about Pixar.

So, how many theme parks at WDW have something Pixar related?

That is how it works.

Every Pixar product was a Disney Product from inception. Totally different situation.

I'm not saying they won't put Marvel in the parks, I'm just saying the comparison isn't entirely valid.

jt04

Ew.

Pixar is different though....at least Disney took part in those creations.

Disney will be taking part in any new Marvel content that finds it's way into the parks. Disney won't control Marvel but will influence it.

So, for people born from now on, Marvel will seem as "Disney" as Mickey Mouse. Purchasing Marvel is about the future and not current tastes or opinions.

In my opinion.

EPCOT Explorer

Disney will be taking part in any new Marvel content that finds it's way into the parks. Disney won't control Marvel but will influence it.

So, for people born from now on, Marvel will seem as "Disney" as Mickey Mouse. Purchasing Marvel is about the future and not current tastes or opinions.

In my opinion.
I doubt that they could really fabricate that....But that's just me.

Even though Disney DID buy them, and for obvious $$$$$$$$$ purposes, I still think that they would want to keep the two cultures as separate as possible.

That's what they told the poor Marvel Fanbois who were about to off themselves in September, anyway....:rolleyes::lol:

SWatsi

I don't agree that Spiderman will be as 'Disney' as Mickey Mouse, although I understand that people who are born today will not consider it as strange for Disney to promote Marvel products in the parks and on film alongside other Disney characters, as that is just how things may be.

There will always be a divide between Marvel and Disney as there is with other acquisitions. As long as the Marvel brand is maintained as Disney have suggested, I believe that anything in the parks and cinema will only appear as ‘Disney’ as Star Wars and Indiana Jones are, and as Prince of Persia and the characters of Square-Enix are. None of these are owned by Disney, or mistaken for being as ‘Disney’ as Mickey, but they are promoted by and alongside Disney.
Whatever happens I hope Marvel can retain their identity and control. Marvel Studios can survive as a separate studio on its own branding.

If Marvel ever enters the Disney parks, what they would need is a 60s-futuristic New York City area based on a Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko et al style. Not a hyper futuristic non specific world or a movie studio or a ‘super hero island’.

jt04

I don't agree that Spiderman will be as 'Disney' as Mickey Mouse, although I understand that people who are born today will not consider it as strange for Disney to promote Marvel products in the parks and on film alongside other Disney characters, as that is just how things may be.

There will always be a divide between Marvel and Disney as there is with other acquisitions. As long as the Marvel brand is maintained as Disney have suggested, I believe that anything in the parks and cinema will only appear as ‘Disney’ as Star Wars and Indiana Jones are, and as Prince of Persia and the characters of Square-Enix are. None of these are owned by Disney, or mistaken for being as ‘Disney’ as Mickey, but they are promoted by and alongside Disney.
Whatever happens I hope Marvel can retain their identity and control. Marvel Studios can survive as a separate studio on its own branding.

If Marvel ever enters the Disney parks, what they would need is a 60s-futuristic New York City area based on a Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko et al style. Not a hyper futuristic non specific world or a movie studio or a ‘super hero island’.

I didn't mean Marvel content will become similar to classic Disney content. What I was saying is that in the future Spiderman will seem as normal on New York street at DHS as ToT on SB does to today's guests.

I could easily see a Marvel-Land at DHS in 10 years or so. And it will be welcomed and accepted by upcoming generations.

I think characters will appear much much sooner.

Studios Fan

I agree with your post. But I feel that Marvel will be different than "Star Wars" and "Indiana Jones" because they will actually own them and I think they will be promoted even more than "SW" and "IJ" if that is even possible. :) I could see Marvel fitting easily in DHS though. I hope they buy out Universal's Marvel deal and expand DHS.

_Scar

I agree with your post. But I feel that Marvel will be different than "Star Wars" and "Indiana Jones" because they will actually own them and I think they will be promoted even more than "SW" and "IJ" if that is even possible. :) I could see Marvel fitting easily in DHS though. I hope they buy out Universal's Marvel deal and expand DHS.

I hope that doesn't mean the end to Spidey's ride in IoA.... Disney can't- ... scratch that... could but won't- top it and Japan is just a tad too far away :/

Why wouldn't Spidey fit in a Magic Kingdom park? Like in a New York area?

SMike88

So, does this mean that I could actually wear the Spider-Man costume that I have during MNSSHP? Seeing as he is now a Disney character, but I know they have rules about masks and things...

Figment632

Ew.

Pixar is different though....at least Disney took part in those creations.

Evan you don't even go to DHS, I don't want Marvel in MK but to not have them in DHS is crazy. I don't think they fit the theme of MK but they are DIsney. Disney purchased Whinnie the Pooh does he not belong in MK?

I hope that doesn't mean the end to Spidey's ride in IoA.... Disney can't- ... scratch that... could but won't- top it and Japan is just a tad too far away :/

Why wouldn't Spidey fit in a Magic Kingdom park? Like in a New York area?

Now that Comcast has a controlling interest in Universal expect all Marvel to be out of IOA sooner rather than later.

hack2112

Now that Comcast has a controlling interest in Universal expect all Marvel to be out of IOA sooner rather than later.
I don't think Comcast would be stupid enough to do that, but that would require the acquisition to go through, which unfortunately it will, despite the fact that it's pretty much on the verge of a monopoly.

Figment632

I don't think Comcast would be stupid enough to do that, but that would require the acquisition to go through, which unfortunately it will, despite the fact that it's pretty much on the verge of a monopoly.

Trust me COmcast is a totally different animal than current ownership, they are not going to want to promote a Disney Product. Transformers is just as popular as Spiderman right now and a Transdormers ride is being built over seas in Universal. It uses the same ride system so they would have to do some work but not start from scratch. They would need to swap a lot of show peices and install new ones. The Hulk and Dr. Doom would be very easy to re theme to a Transformers theme.

jt04

If you don't count DirecTV, DISH Network, and the coming broadband revolution.

There is no information monopoly pending or possible. Well, except for the one the democrats are seeking to impose through govenment control of media. :zipit:

EPCOT Explorer

I didn't mean Marvel content will become similar to classic Disney content. What I was saying is that in the future Spiderman will seem as normal on New York street at DHS as ToT on SB does to today's guests.

I could easily see a Marvel-Land at DHS in 10 years or so. And it will be welcomed and accepted by upcoming generations.

I think characters will appear much much sooner.
Honestly, I think that's the only realistic and viable option.

And I would welcome it. They could easily make it fit very well.
Evan you don't even go to DHS, I don't want Marvel in MK but to not have them in DHS is crazy. I don't think they fit the theme of MK but they are DIsney. Disney purchased Whinnie the Pooh does he not belong in MK?
:rolleyes: Where did I ever say either or those things? :wave: Read.

And I go to Studios....not just as often as MK or EC. Still does not discount my opinion to see Marvel there.

Figment632

Honestly, I think that's the only realistic and viable option.

And I would welcome it. They could easily make it fit very well.

:rolleyes: Where did I ever say either or those things? :wave: Read.

And I go to Studios....not just as often as MK or EC. Still does not discount my opinion to see Marvel there.

Hey I am with you on MK and EC but why doesn't Marvel belong in DHS?

hack2112

Trust me COmcast is a totally different animal than current ownership, they are not going to want to promote a Disney Product. Transformers is just as popular as Spiderman right now and a Transdormers ride is being built over seas in Universal. It uses the same ride system so they would have to do some work but not start from scratch. They would need to swap a lot of show peices and install new ones. The Hulk and Dr. Doom would be very easy to re theme to a Transformers theme.
Yeah, but there was a rumor that USO would get Transformers at their Studios park if Transformers was a success. And I think Comcast is going to let Uni run themselves for a bit, since they would have no idea what to do.

If you don't count DirecTV, DISH Network, and the coming broadband revolution.
But it's still the fact that Comcast is buying a member of the big 4, which I find rather off-putting. And trust me, the moment I get FIOS enabled in my neighborhood, I'll be switching.

There is no information monopoly pending or possible. Well, except for the one the democrats are seeking to impose through govenment control of media. :zipit:
Well, there it is... :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom