It Could Always Be Worse [CONCLUDED]

TheOriginalTiki

Spaceman Spiff: Mission Space
a3b5d3d2e78bb2802f24329b4a9f3157.jpg

From the get-go, Mission Space has been a downgrade from the beloved Horizons pavilion, and has earned more of a reputation as a puke-machine than any sort of head-in-the-clouds inspirational spark of what live beyond the HORIZONS of our planet's orbit could be like. As crowds dwindled and the attraction became awkwardly sandwiched between the much more popular Test Track and Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, the Imagineers looked for a way to turn the once promising Space pavilion back into the edu-tainment thrill ride it was always meant to be. Enter Bill Watterson.
calvinhobbes1.jpg

In an unforseen twist, famed aloof comic strip artist and creator of "Calvin and Hobbes" Bill Watterson came out of the woodwork to announce his partnership with Disney in creating a Spaceman Spiff attraction for Epcot. Long time Watterson enthusiasts will note how averse to promotional tie ins to his work he was. With that said, Watterson loved the edu-tainment angle when Disney came to him. The idea would be to create an attraction that used the core concept of Mission Space but put into a more child-like and whimsical context using Spaceman Spiff as a sort of backdrop for a child's imagination of what the possibilities of Space Travel could be like.
d7171b532c4250401c99b436461fb749.jpg

With the cramped industrial pods of Mission Space playfully transformed into cardboard box "Spaceships" and the intense and tame versions of the attraction being themed to Calvin's Spiff character and a new character created for Susie named Lady Saturn respectively, Watterson loved everything Disney was doing with mixing the IP and the technology. As for the name, at Watterson's request in a bit of self-parody "Spaceman Spiff's Mission Space" felt just redundant enough to loop back around and be silly again. Thus an often maligned Epcot E-Ticket was given new life.
Cardboard-Box-Spaceship-3.jpg

The exterior for Spaceman Spiff's Mission Space" has been transformed from a realistic Mars into a paper Mache Saturn blown up to giant proportions. The rings of Saturn in a very clear cardboard art style come jetting up over the entrance plaza. The planet is made to look colored in by squiggly orange and yellow marker, looming about the size of the red planet exterior did in the original Mission Space. Besides the planet change, the most striking addition to the entrance courtyard is a dramatic centerpiece statue of an adult Spaceman Spiff with a full-sized realistic tiger meant to be a hyper-realistic version of Hobbes at his side. Spiff's statue beckons us into Mission Control where were broken up into Team Calvin and Team Susie. Team Calvin is the more intense side (though less intense than the original Orange Mission) and focuses on Spaceman Spiff fighting a horde of invading aliens. Team Susie is the less intense side (though more exciting than the original Green Mission) and focuses on Susie's alter-ego Lady Saturn giving us a more educational tour of the solar system.
t-shirts-spaceman-spiff-t-shirt-11821041745980_large.png

The indoor queue begins with a dramatic indoor/outdoor scene bathed in sepia-toned lighting. Outside an old school New York apartment building, we can see animated projections of adult Calvin and Susie arguing about Calving going to the moon. This will be an homage to the comic strips that depicted Calvin and Susie as pretend uber-serious adults.
enezoflob4tz.jpg

Rounding a corner we pass a classroom where we can hear Susie lecturing Calvin. This is also where we split into Team Spiff and Team Saturn. Here's a sample of some of Susie's dialogue in the classroom.

Susie: Alright folks, you could go with Calvin on his stupid Spaceman Spiff adventure or you could take a galaxy-wide tour with the universe's most awesomely adorable superhero. Your choice!

Ewww, Calvin. Those are NOT space boogers!

Are you sure your stupid pet tiger is going to survive all the way up in space??

As you pass the hallway, you find yourself in front of the Principal's Office. Bathed in red light, it gives an exaggerated version of the situation as a child would imagine it...marching music, flashing sirens and all. That is, if you're on the Calvin side of things. Essentially the boarding area for this side acts a transition from getting sent to the principal's office to getting held prisoner by evil aliens.

On the Little Miss Saturn side of the equation, the Principal's Office transition is much more brightly lit, almost angelic with harps and trumpets going off. Susie being sent to the principal's office to get a Student of the Week award (previously foreshadowed in posters throughout the school hallways) to Little Miss Saturn (Susie's Space super hero alter-ego created for this attraction) getting ready to be blasted off into space.

Each loading area ends in the same place...a cardboard box themed to a rocket ship. Inside it will physically feel like climbing inside a giant cardboard box, which will of course be large enough to accommodate adults. Drawn on buttons and controls colored in crayon and markers dot the "control panel", above which hangs a very clear, MUCH larger single screen. Aside from the ride generally being less intense the larger singular screen for all passengers in the less cramped cabins will be by far the biggest quality of life improvement over the original Mission: Space.

Spaceman Spiff Mission

Spaceman Spiff's mission starts when you're already aboard an alien spacecraft. Instead of being exploratory rockets, the cardboard boxes will be themed to escape pods which Spiff has managed to hijack. The same design principles apply to this ride vehicle as far as the cardboard arts and craft look. The mission proper begins with a quick escape into The Beige Planet, where the majority of the attraction takes place.

The Beige Planet is an obvious play on the "Red Planet" nickname for Mars and is designed to visually represent national parks of Utah and Arizona which Bill Watterson served as inspiration for many interplanetary Spaceman Spiff backdrops. The ride is one big Mad Max style space chase through The Beige Planet being pursued by your alien captors before being able to build up enough speed to warp to Hyperdrive and make your way back to Epcot. There will still be some intense G-Forces pulled, but not enough to have guests gray and and should hopefully be a happy medium for veteran and novice thrill-seekers alike.
hxqhr8m2naex.jpg

Little Miss Saturn's Mission

Little Miss Saturn's mission is much more joyful and filled with child-like "Edu-tainment". Based on classics like "Yako's Universe" and Ward Kimball's "Man in Space", join Susie's space superhero alterego Little Miss Saturn for a tour of our solar system from Earth to her namesake planet. There will be some Star Tours style thrills along the way, definitely a bit more thrilling then the mild back and forth movements of the original tame mission but still not scary enough to be too intense for the young ones to ride by any means.
photo+8.jpg

The intense motion mostly comes from the initial take-off (which acts as a MUCH more tamed-down version of the original attraction's iconic launch sequence) an encounter with an asteroid field featuring everyone's favorite Star Fox meme, and an attempt to ride Saturn's rings like a roller coaster. Beyond that it's a pretty straight-forward tour of the planets with some inspirational, orchestral Mario Galaxy-esque music to go along with it. Here's some sample lines from her mission. (Note: I actually got someone to come in and record lines for Susie/Saturn, but I stupidly forgot to press record on the Skype call...)

Alright folks, as we leave Earth, let's give a hearty goodbye. GOODBYE, EARTH!! Happy trails!
I've heard of the dark side of the moon, but this is ridiculous!
Umm...which one's Mercury again?? Oh well, onward to Saturn!
Oh no, it's an asteroid field. Quick, do a barrel roll!!

Alright, we made it to Saturn!! Quick, land on the rings! Let's ride it like a rollercoaster!!

Emergency landing initiated!! Hold on tight folks. Keep all hands, arms, and stupid pet tigers inside the cardboard rocket!!

Well, I think you've all earned your Surviving an Emergency Crash badges. Have a great day, everyone!!

Exit Through the Library
91kJT-c0d1L._SX500_.jpg

At the exit of the attraction will be the school's library, where guests can pass a Toy Story Mania style recreation of what we've just been through with Calvin and Susie's escape pod and rocket ship themed cardboard boxes sitting side by side with the stuffed Hobbes in the middle of them. Out of respect for Bill Watterson, no Calvin and Hobbes merchandise beyond collections of comic strips will be sold, making the singular stuffed Hobbes found in the library an extra special Easter egg. Also hanging on opposing chairs are real-life, child-sized Spaceman Spiff and Little Miss Saturn costumes. The library will also have a Rainy Sunday Corner where guests are welcome to curl up in a comfortable space with a controlled fireplace fire and windows peering out to a "rainstorm" outside Tiki Room style, reflecting the nostalgia of rainy school days curling up in the library with a good book. Because isn't that what the essence of Calvin and Hobbes is all about to begin with? There's a great big world out there, guests. Let's go exploring!
CalvinHobbes.jpg

Project now finalized! :)

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Reviews and rankings for the first project will be coming in just a few minutes, but the next prompt is coming RIGHT NOW!

Chapter 1: Project 2

As our group helps finishes up Chapek's first assignment, @Disney Warrior 's phone begins to buzz.

“Hey! How are my best Imagineers doing?” asks Bob Chapek cheerily.

“It's been pre-“ @wazowski_216 begins to reply.

“That's great to hear! Now, we've got a problem that just came up. Test Track’s Chevrolet sponsorship is ending next month, and I just now saw it on my calendar! We're going to need you to retheme it. Can you do that for me? Thanks!” says Chapek as he hangs up.

test-track-gallery01.jpg

“We're ruining Epcot!” moans @PerGron

“Oh, Epcot's been slowly dying for years now. I doubt we'll hurt it too much.” replies @Tegan pilots a chicken

At that moment, Agent Coulson chimes in, his voice echoing out of each person's pocket simultaneously in a somewhat eerie manner. "Oh, that's exactly what we need you to do. It's time for you to submit an intentionally bad proposal. We can't let Chapek get suspicious about how well you did with your last assignment."

Test Track 3.0

For this assignment, your job is to redesign the Test Track pavilion at Epcot. You must use entirely original concepts for your pavilion’s offerings. Your pavilion will need to carry on Test Track's legacy (if only vaguely) by being themed to some sort of motor vehicle. Any form of land, sea, or sky transportation works!

IMPORTANT: This round is a Lemon Round, meaning your goal is to produce a cringe-worthy final product that'll leave a bad taste in your mouth! Make it as bad as possible, while still being feasible and somewhat explainable!

DEADLINE:​

This project is due on July 22th by 11:59 PM EST.

TIPS:​

• Try to be original! You'll need to theme your pavilion to motor vehicles, but there's no IP requirements this round, so you have complete freedom for storylines and theme!​
  • Expand the pavilion! Right now, Test Track is home to the Test Track attraction, a post-show, and the After Market shop. Consider adding a restaurant or expanding the shopping options!​
  • You don't have to keep the existing ride system for an attraction. If you want to, go ahead and build something completely new! The more original and creative your pavilion and attraction are, the more likely you are to win!​

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Chapter 1: Project 1 REVIEWS

@TheOriginalTiki
Spaceman Spiff: Mission Space

This is an awesome idea. I like the explanation of why Bill Watterson came back into the limelight (from what I know, he's a pretty shy guy and kinda disappeared once Calvin and Hobbes was over.) I think him partnering with Disney actually makes a ton of sense. One of the reasons he said he was ending Calvin and Hobbes was the limitation of the small-panels format. Having an entire attraction to use as his canvas sounds to me like something he might be open to.

When it comes to ride format - I'm kinda mixed on this. Budget-wise it's definitely more realistic for the ride vehicles to be rethemed. However, I also feel like a Spaceman Spiff theme would make for an epic dark ride, and part of me is disappointed that you didn't go for that.

The exterior is done well. The cardboard style is very Calvin-esque. You didn't mention much else for the exterior, but I think that's okay - I feel like it fits with the sci-fi vibe of Spaceman Spiff well enough as it stands now.

The boarding area is absolutely genius! The principal's office transition reflects the comics perfectly.

The separate missions are very fitting to their respective characters - Calvin has an epic escape adventure, and Susie has a more peaceful informational journey that's still fun and exciting.

The post-ride shop is great, and the lack of merchandise out of respect for Watterson is fitting. The comic strips are a must-sell, though, obviously, and the costumes are excellent ideas.

@Disney Warrior
Mission BLASTOFF!

So I have mixed feelings when it comes to this attraction. It's a creative idea and a good use of the ride system. However, it doesn't leave a whole lot of room for theming, which is a major disadvantage at a Disney park. Less so in Future World than other areas.

My one other complaint with the attraction is that it doesn't quite reach the level of an E-ticket. A basic drop tower like this would be more of a C-ticket in my book, as opposed to a drop tower like Tower of Terror, which is a definite E-ticket. Even adding multiple drops per cycle (up, a couple bounces, down a bit, up again, etc.) would really help add some substance. As it stands, it feels like the queue and preshow really build hype for a ride time that's less than a minute, which is kinda disappointing for guests.

The hidden Mickeys on the mural are awesome, though!

The storyline adds a ton to this attraction. The queue seems like something I'd love to experience, especially in Future World, an area that's not really known for detailed queues.

The Space Outpost Gift Shop is a nice way to consolidate space themed merchandise from across Epcot. The jetpack backpacks look super fun, and I can imagine them being very popular sellers.

The opening date is an excellent final touch!

@Brer Panther
Galaxy Odyssey: Tour the Universe

The Imagineering backstory for the attraction is something hardly ever seen in projects on this forum, so it's an excellent way to present this attraction.

An alien ride! This feels very Imagination pavilion to me, which is a good thing! I love the Tom Morrow reference.

Regarding the explanation for having no oxygen tanks, etc. You almost nailed this. My thought is that with this sort of thing, the best option is to just leave it unexplained (as with Space Mountain.) Suspension of Disbelief is a phenomenon that often occurs in Disney Parks. In Pirates, for instance, you may know that it's daytime, but the magic of your surroundings and the immersion you feel cause you to not think about how it could possibly be nighttime. That same principle could be applied here.

The ride vehicles sound to me to be kind of like rocket-themed suspended Omnimovers, which are an absolutely awesome idea.

The gags, jokes, and references throughout the attraction are excellent, and are a great way to keep older guests entertained during an attraction that's mostly intended for younger guests.

I completely agree with your final paragraph - this attraction sounds like the perfect way to "bring back some whimsy to Epco

@Tegan pilots a chicken
THOR: Journey to the Nine Realms

A Marvel attraction would fit perfectly right across from Cosmic Rewind, so excellent choice there.

The queue for this attraction looks like it would quite possibly be the most immersive in all of Epcot. Walking through Asgard would be an experience awesome enough to warrant its own attraction, which is something that can be said about all the best Disney queues.

Plot-wise, I like the idea of moving through various settings, but I'm concerned about how well this attraction would age. As the MCU moves on, the attraction could start feeling outdated quickly. However, as almost the entire story is accomplished through video, it could be updated to be more relevant as needed.

The interactive aspect of the ride vehicles is fantastic, and the randomization of the experience is good.

The New Asgard marketplace would be a fantastic themed shop! The Stormbreaker replica would be a best-selling item, I'm confident.

@Orange Cat
Space Jam: Super Slam: The Ride That Gives You Your Chance To Do Your Chance: The Movie: The Ride

DISCLAIMER: This review will be somewhat sarcastic, for obvious reasons. Please do enjoy.

The attraction name is the most creative thing I've seen from Disney in a while! The alliteration at the beginning, the repetition of "the ride" and "your chance" to really drill the point home. It's just perfection realized.

The budget-saving exterior is a fantastic plus! In fact, if you encourage Guests to go use some Imagination from that one pavilion across the way, you don't even need to change the planets at all!

Excellent queue. Lots of Barkleys and basketballs and such.

Oooooh what an original plot! Excellent job with the story.

This merchandise item is quite possibly the most creative of all the submissions. The pattern, the quality, the multitude of uses. It just blows everything else away.

Oh and you remembered trash cans! Bonus points for those!

Aw man, if only OswaldPancakeInc. was judge, he'd be obligated to give your first place just because you asked! Sadly, he's not.

@ThemeParkPriest
Discover: The Solar System (Sponsored by SpaceX)

First of all, excellent job presenting this concept. You point out the main flaws with Mission: SPACE and then proceed to explain how your attraction solves each problem.

The SpaceX sponsorship is fitting, and it something that I could definitely see happening at Epcot. It's also a great way, as you say, to add some edutainment value to the attraction.

Having each trip begin in space is a super unique idea that sets this apart from most other space-themed attractions. I like how each journey is themed around a specific space body. The interactions with the atmosphere and gravitational field help add fun and excitement to balance.

The exit showroom is great, and it would be the perfect place to highlight SpaceX projects. The Pin Passports are genius! They really help encourage rerideability, and if ever Disney/SpaceX added new journeys to the attraction, new pins would be released for guests to collect.

@Outbound
The Grand Tour: A Horizons Odyssey

You went above and beyond with your presentation! I love the general aesthetic of the site.

That attraction poster is absolute fire. Fantastic job.

TOV-I seems like he'd be a fun original character in the same vein as Rex from Star Tours. The Dole Whip is fantastic.

The randomness and rerideability of this attraction remind me a ton of Star Tours, and I feel like it could be just as successful.

The location choices are a great way to incorporate Horizons without explicitly incorporating Horizons. For older guests, they'll bring nostalgia, and for newer guests, they're still inspiring enough to be memorable and enjoyable.

The humor and gags injected throughout the ride are a perfect way to lighten the tone a bit and entertain guests who may be too young to appreciate the futuristic aspect of the attraction.

The destinations for the interactive final stop all seem likke fun choices, and I can see guests having a hard time deciding between them!

The Sol finale is great, and it's an inspiring end to an inspiring attraction.

The retro posters in the gift shop are awesome! I'd want to buy every single one of them!​

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Chapter 1: Project 1 RESULTS

This was a tough one, as all of you had fantastic ideas and wonderful merchandise. But ultimately winners had to be chosen, and here they are. All three podium placers will receive Playing Favorites prizes of varying degrees of helpfulness.

Third Place
@ThemeParkPriest
This was an excellent submission, and the SpaceX sponsorship is a very realistic idea. The only thing that held you back from a second or even first place win was the lesser amount of humor and fun in your attraction. It felt just a tad too realistic and educational to keep guests of all ages captivated, but other than that it was a fantastic attraction. Congratulations on third place!

Second Place
@TheOriginalTiki
This was a fantastic project. The separate missions felt unique enough that they could be separate attractions, which is excellent. Ultimately, a nice detail was also the thing that held you back from first place. The lack of a killer piece of merchandise, while an excellent way to honor Watterson, meant that you couldn't compete quite as well with the merchandise of the other submissions. Fantastic job with your submission and second place win!

First Place
@Outbound
This attraction really feels like a spiritual successor to both Horizons and Mission: SPACE. The Horizons destinations, presentation, merchandise, and humor throughout really helped you reach this first place title. Excellent job getting first place!

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
@MickeyWaffleCo. , sorry to say this, but I don’t feel like competing. I‘m gonna drop out. This comp kinda isn’t really ”me”. Maybe I can return as a guest reviewer (that’s what I’ll probably do anyways), but for now, I don’t want to compete in this anymore.
Okay. Thank you for participating so far. You’ll be missed!

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Chapter 1: Project 1 RESULTS

This was a tough one, as all of you had fantastic ideas and wonderful merchandise. But ultimately winners had to be chosen, and here they are. All three podium placers will receive Playing Favorites prizes of varying degrees of helpfulness.

Third Place
@ThemeParkPriest
This was an excellent submission, and the SpaceX sponsorship is a very realistic idea. The only thing that held you back from a second or even first place win was the lesser amount of humor and fun in your attraction. It felt just a tad too realistic and educational to keep guests of all ages captivated, but other than that it was a fantastic attraction. Congratulations on third place!

Second Place
@TheOriginalTiki
This was a fantastic project. The separate missions felt unique enough that they could be separate attractions, which is excellent. Ultimately, a nice detail was also the thing that held you back from first place. The lack of a killer piece of merchandise, while an excellent way to honor Watterson, meant that you couldn't compete quite as well with the merchandise of the other submissions. Fantastic job with your submission and second place win!

First Place
@Outbound
This attraction really feels like a spiritual successor to both Horizons and Mission: SPACE. The Horizons destinations, presentation, merchandise, and humor throughout really helped you reach this first place title. Excellent job getting first place!
One other thing to take note of: All Playing Favorites prizes will be distributed after Project 2 is over and those winners have also been decided.

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Just copy Radiator Springs Racers since it’s infinitely better than Test Track (this isn’t my real submission but I stand by this)

Also question @Goofy's French Toast LLC, how much effort can I put into making this bad?​
True, but don’t do that. It does say “entirely original concepts.” 🤣

As much as you want! However, make sure that you still have at least a tinge of realism and feasibility, because that makes it more fun for everyone!

Brer Panther

My submission's done.

TEST TRACK 3.0: THE WORLD OF MOTION
While discussing ideas for the third version of the ever-popular EPCOT attraction Test Track, the Imagineers brought up the subject of its predecessor, World of Motion. As great as Test Track was, they all really missed that old dark ride, a whimsical look at the history of the automobile full of clever gags and an incredibly catchy theme song, "It's Fun to be Free". "Wouldn't it be great if we had Test Track AND World of Motion?" one Imagineer said. That gave the other Imagineers an idea...

Test Track 3.0: The World of Motion is a perfect blend of the two attractions, combining Test Track's thrills and high speeds with World of Motion's animatronic-filled sets and edutainment aspects. Stepping into the queue, guests find themselves at the EPCOT Inventors' Fair, where wanna-be Edisons have arrived to present some of the strange little devices and doohickeys that their brains have concocted. All of these inventions are set up in the queue, and several are actually interactive (to make waiting in line easier for those impatient folks out there) - Professor Bud E. Baycor, for example, has built a piano-like instrument that can create music just by waving your hands over it like a conductor. Meanwhile, Dr. Garvin Owens has created a "Univeral Translator" that, when spoken into, translates whatever you say into a foreign language.

After traversing through the queue, guests enter the load area, where the winner of the "Best Invention of the Year" Award, Professor W.K. Imbal, has set up his invention, the Time-Travel Transport. The load area has been moved to the second room of the queue, allowing for the track to be expanded and for more scenes to be added. The transports themselves are the usual Test Track ride vehicles. Professor W.K. himself provides the safety spiel.

The vehicles disembark from the load area. The attraction's narrator (Corey Burton) greets us with, "Today, we have many different ways of getting around. We can drive automobiles, fly planes, sail boats... but of course, it wasn't ALWAYS that way..."

1626826120092.png

A superspeed tunnel (a la the one in Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin) sends riders back to prehistoric times. Cavemen can be seen demonstrating the very first means of transportation: foot power. Several cavemen are trying to cool their feet down. Another attempts to climb aboard a woolly mammoth. After that, we see the earliest attempt at over-water transportation: traveling by raft. This scene replaces the former pre-show room.

1626826144483.png

The Time-Travel Transport then takes us to the Assyrian Empire, where animal power is introduced. People are trying to control such animals as zebras, camels, and elephants... of course, it's a work-in-progress. This scene replaces the former load area.

Next, the vehicles arrive in Babylon, just in time for the invention of the wheel. We enter a wheel factory and mount a large ramp, then arrive at a used chariot lot, where the Trojan Horse is among the primitive vehicles put up for sale.

1626826167298.png

The first exploration of exploration on the high seas is our next scene. Of course, among the gags in this section is a recreation of World of Motion's iconic Sea Serpent staring into the telescope of a sailor. The "rough terrain" effect used in Test Track helps simulate the vehicle being on water.

After that, the "Age of Flight" unfolds before riders. Leonardo Da Vinci is attempting to craft a flying machine, ignoring an annoyed Mona Lisa sitting nearby. A man and several animals float over London in a hot air balloon.

1626826198528.png

The evolution of steam power results in us nearly colliding with a Mississipi Riverboat, followed by a neverending stream of stagecoaches representing the Western Expansion. The steam locomotive comes next, and with it a group of outlaws who participate in the first train robbery. Thankfully, we're able to get away with our lives - and our valuables.

1626826225849.png

We arrive in a 1910 city, where the world's first traffic jam from the original attraction is recreated, before traveling past such scenes as a man on a bicycle, a family picnic, cars from the 1940s and 1950s, the Wright Brothers building the first airplane, river rafters, and even a snowmobiler. Eventually, modern day automobiles make an appearance - including a truck that almost crashes into us, a gag left over from the first two versions of Test Track.

So what's next for transportation? According to the narrator, the world of motion continues to evolve. Our vehicle begins to pick up speed, the doors in front of us open, and we enter the high-speed lap around the building. This part of the attraction, undoubtably the most popular AND the most iconic, remains unchanged from the previous versions.

Arriving back inside the ride building, we slowly descend down a ramp and arrive in the future, where transpiration continues to advance. There are self-driving cars, hovercrafts, and even entire buildings on wheels. A triumphant rendition of "It's Fun to be Free" begins to play as riders enter another superspeed tunnel that transports us back to the unload area and disembark. The attraction's post-show area has been completely reworked as well - instead of a showroom for Chevrolet, it's now full of interactive exhibits such as "design your own automobile" kiosks a la those from the queue of the second version. The gift shop, of course, remains unchanged.

Fans of both World of Motion and Test Track should love the new rendition of Test Track. Much like Galaxy Odyssey, the attraction helps bring some whimsy back to EPCOT and should ignite nostalgia in anyone that steps into the load area.

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Just for clarification, you said that it had to be an original concept. I assume that means that we can’t use IPs?
Oh darn. I didn’t think of it being interpreted that way. 😅

You can use an IP. You just can’t reuse existing attractions or experiences. Just don’t copy paste Radiator Springs Racers to Florida, basically.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom