Trip Report It’s Raining Pixie Dust!! Full Trip Report- 9/3-9/10 *Complete*

It’s Raining Pixie Dust!! Full Trip report 9/3-9/10

Don’t be sad that it is over- be glad that it happened!

The cast - for those that didn’t read my pre-trip report, or my pitiful attempt at a live one.

Me- Disneyshe
My husband DisneyB

This was our second ever trip without either of the kids.

We always have loved to go to WDW on our anniversary but this was the only trip we were by ourselves. Our actual anniversary was a few days before we left but this was still our Anniversary trip. We have been married 26 years this year!

We booked a standard room at Coronado Springs with free dining-

We headed out around 8:30 pm on September 2, because I am a horrible rider. Seriously am probably worse than a 2 year old. I just hate being in a car and always have. It makes it much easier on not just me but also my husband because he doesn’t have to hear me complain for 8 hours. He sleeps during the day on the day we leave and I at night so we can go straight at it when we get there.

We usually get there right as the sun is coming up but we got there a little early. I had ridden down in pj bottoms, no makeup etc. because I was going to try and sleep. (Which I did, almost the whole way, a first for me) Anyway I was so hoping there was a room ready because I looked like I slept in a car for sure. I stayed in the car while hubby went to see if we could check in- I had told him any section I did not care, if one was available. So he calls and tells me that they have a King Preferred room in Casitas 1, I of course, said take it.

We had never stayed in the Casitas before because we liked the Cabana area so much and usually requested it. So we drive around and go to our room on the second floor. Scan the band and walk in...... to a Living room!

I had looked at the rooms many times, we would have chosen there over Old Key West last year but it wasn’t available with the free dining and a 1 br Villa was a good bit cheaper anyway.

I wish there could have been a hidden camera or something because I thought we had went into the wrong room number. I even said this isn’t right, how could our bands have opened this door. The TVs were on too, and it just threw me even more. I tipped toed around to the bed area, hand over my mouth almost afraid someone was going to yell at me for being in their room. Looked again at the room number on the map- then flat out started bawling!! This was our room!!! We have gotten upgraded from standard view to waterview before but this was nuts. Disney B said no wonder the lady that had checked us in was grinning so big. I don’t know if it was Anniversary pixie dust or luck being so early, or just a really special CM but the trip was off to an amazing start and I will never forget how awesome it felt to stand there in a room that nice that we were basically gifted with. I was and will always be so thankful for the enormous sprinkling of Pixie Dust!

Arrival shot - notice last year’s Lei from Ohana still hanging over my visor?
F853A454-22C4-4F15-B960-FC6E69D3D647.jpeg

520B8799-574A-4318-B892-E8C616CF724D.jpeg

And our room!
9A83D36C-9101-4986-B30C-D65805D4EDA5.jpeg

FAA0BDAA-F7C7-4EBC-8EDD-1C5B2F8E65A8.jpeg

31DB411E-85AE-4302-ACBC-39E4AF65A127.jpeg

F699A0D7-3227-474F-B3C4-9BD33AF9E113.jpeg

3A9E747E-56D4-4B7E-98E6-2C283D5FB4AF.jpeg

CD5DDA4A-20E1-4420-9917-9E2D1C00B4F1.jpeg

B957C3E1-0D28-4351-989A-F9BE20C75ACB.jpeg

C955B01E-4F28-413E-BCBD-3D8A679AF508.jpeg

The room-rooms are huge! It was so nice to have 2 bathrooms no waiting while one showers gets ready. I loved that!

See those happy smiling faces kicked back on our couch?? :)

It was still so early so I showered and got ready to head to DHS!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Enjoyed reading your TR! And especially loved all of the food pics!
Thank you! I am obsessed with Disney food pics.
Great trip report!! So much fun!!
I'm looking forward to the next one!!:)
Thanks, and I can’t believe I get to make FP in a few days again. This will be the quickest we have been back. Usually it was at least 6 months. I am very excited and feel very blessed to be able to go again so soon. 😊

slipperalwaysfits

Your report was so fun to binge-read! Impressed that you could sleep the whole way to Disney! Congrats! Also very impressed that you lived in the moment the whole week! Sometimes, as much as I love Disney, I forget to do that. But we pay a LOT of money to spend a few days or a week there and it's happy-place, quality family time and our families deserve us to be in the moment, and we deserve it, too!

;););)
Love your story about the Lion King! Looks like you had a lot of yummy food and beverages while on your adventure! Food and Wine is a fun festival, just hard to enjoy with the massive weekend crowds (as we found out last year!)

We love to go to Disney Thanksgiving day-week after. We fly in on T'giving Day to get the cheap airfare. The crowds aren't even awful that weekend right after Thanksgiving (unless you're in Epcot). Enjoy your next trip!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Your report was so fun to binge-read! Impressed that you could sleep the whole way to Disney! Congrats! Also very impressed that you lived in the moment the whole week! Sometimes, as much as I love Disney, I forget to do that. But we pay a LOT of money to spend a few days or a week there and it's happy-place, quality family time and our families deserve us to be in the moment, and we deserve it, too!

;););)
Love your story about the Lion King! Looks like you had a lot of yummy food and beverages while on your adventure! Food and Wine is a fun festival, just hard to enjoy with the massive weekend crowds (as we found out last year!)

We love to go to Disney Thanksgiving day-week after. We fly in on T'giving Day to get the cheap airfare. The crowds aren't even awful that weekend right after Thanksgiving (unless you're in Epcot). Enjoy your next trip!
Thank you and glad you enjoyed the report. :) My biggest thing is enjoying it being just us. This was just our second trip, by ourselves. We just never really did that much without the kids. Disney or anything. Hard to adjust, but we had a ball this time. We did Thanksgiving week in 2000- it was so more crowded than any other time we have ever been, but for a 4 day trip, if it is crowded, just us and we are going back in early May. I just want to see the Christmas stuff again. I have to be here to cook for my boy, unless he agrees to go to the beach and have Beaufort Stew for Thanksgiving. We get there Sunday after Thanksgiving.
You guys have a great trip too!

KellBelle

Great report! I am happy you did something for yourself, that is definitely needed once in a while. We were there first week of December last year and did not feel many effects from Pop Warner, other than the fact that we stayed at All Star Sports, where a lot of the teams were staying. Crowds in the parks were tolerable and weather was really nice!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Great report! I am happy you did something for yourself, that is definitely needed once in a while. We were there first week of December last year and did not feel many effects from Pop Warner, other than the fact that we stayed at All Star Sports, where a lot of the teams were staying. Crowds in the parks were tolerable and weather was really nice!
Thank you! We are leaving the day before it officially starts. Hopefully crowds won’t be too bad. It will be cold here so anything will probably be warm to us. Going to be weird packing hoodies and pants again though. Our last November trip was in 2009. I will probably bring a little bit of everything just in case. 😂

KellBelle

Thank you! We are leaving the day before it officially starts. Hopefully crowds won’t be too bad. It will be cold here so anything will probably be warm to us. Going to be weird packing hoodies and pants again though. Our last November trip was in 2009. I will probably bring a little bit of everything just in case. 😂
I am envious lol.. We hope to get back next year. It really was a great time of year to go. We are in NE, so the weather was just perfectly warm for us! Have a great time!! :)

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
The time wasn’t yet up, for B to fuss about about my rabbits. I lost my sweet Pippa today. :( she died in my arms. B built me a box for her to go in. 😭😭 I have lost two precious animals this year, I swear though, a bunny is so innocent and sweet, nothing more heartbreaking than having one die. :(

Last edited:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
So sorry to hear this :(
I'm so sorry for your loss. I remember when mine passed--it broke my heart. My thoughts are with you.:cry:

Thank both of you guys. I know it was a bleak post, for a happy report but I was looking at pics I posted of her on here, torturing myself. :( She replaced my old male Pipkin, that I rescued from a shelter. He was old when I got him around 7-8. He lived two years with me living the bunny dream and died in my arms of old age. Pippa I originally named Thumper, til she turned out to be a girl. She was most likely going to be someone’s dinner and I saved her from that. I hate I lost her at only a year old, and will likely not know what happened so quick. I was absolutely so devastated. I have the one 6 year old New Zealand still, but when something happens to her- I think I am waiting a good long while before getting another, if I even do. It just tears me up too bad to watch one die. It is the most pitiful thing I have ever witnessed. I love all animals so much but a rabbit has just always melted my heart.

amjt660

Premium Member
Hi
Loved the report
Sorry I am late
A few things

1) the Coronado addition looks really bad - hopefully better in person - just does not match the rest of the resort
2) Glass Tiger rocks - don’t forget me is one of my favourites - did you know Bryan Adams sang a little backup? Great Canadian band !!
3) congrats on 26 years!! - my wife has put up with me for 27 years of marriage and 31 years together

Will try to be quicker to catch your next one as you are writing it

Max

Last edited:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Hi
Loved the report
Sorry I am late
A few things

1) the Coronado addition looks really bad - hopefully better in person - just does not match the rest of the resort
2) Glass Tiger rocks - don’t forget me is one of my favourites - did you know Bryan Adams sang a little backup? Great Canadian band !!
3) congrats on 26 years!! - my wife has put up with me for 27 years of marriage and 31 years together

Will try to quicker to catch you next one

Max

Max-

It does look so out of place with the rest of the resort. Maybe when everything is finished it won’t stand out quite as much. Going back late next month so will see how it is coming along. I loved this resort so I am iffy about the Tower. One thing I do think is that the other areas of the resort will keep their feel. Fingers crossed anyway.

I loved that song too and sang right along, remembered every word. I also love Bryan Adams and did know that. I recognized his voice when the song came out and then Kasey Kasem (sp) said it was him on American Top 40. Gosh saying just that made me feel really old! 😣

Thank you and congratulations to you as well! Seems like not as many people make this long anymore and that is sad. We have been together for almost 30 years. It honestly went by so fast! I hope the next 3 decades slow down just a little. ;)

Thanks for reading!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom